Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Poll: What is your favorite...

Re: Poll: What is your favorite...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that the coasters we are using now are from a Friends board game.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Gilmore Girls!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha its okay nicole.....we have a friends magnet and coffee mug and i got my sister a sweatshirt for christmas this year
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks Jess. We have people over and they say "umm do you really have Friends coasters?"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's too many to name but the two that stick out the most to me are

Lost and Felicity
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RA haha ok.  I won't be getting netflicks until we move.  I have blockbuster now.  Once we finish band of brothers, I'm cancelling it.  But I'll watch the show first... then the movie!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I second LOST.  I felt so unfullfilled with the ending...
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:dfbfcfbd-88c8-467b-a774-f830f76176df">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that the coasters we are using now are from a Friends board game.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

We use them too!  They match our living room, so no one really notices.

I really miss Gilmore Girls and I needed more closure.  I was so upset when it was cancelled.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a movie or something.
    I'm bummed Greek is over.
    I could've had another few seasons of Friends.
    I also watched Nip/Tuck on netflix recently and would've like more too.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My So-Called Life!! I'm obsessed. I'm in the process of watching it right now haha.

Also, Buffy! I <3 Spike Tongue out

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And of course, Friends! I'm pretty sure I use quotes from that show in my every day life haha.

AND, I really loved Will and Grace.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:dfbfcfbd-88c8-467b-a774-f830f76176df">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that the coasters we are using now are from a Friends board game.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]
    *Like* !
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't gilmore girls cancelled because Rory wanted to focus on movies?  I've seen her in Sisterhood of the travelling pants 2 and that was it after GG. 

I do like Lauren Graham in Parenthood though...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:09d4eb19-47f0-4793-a67f-668ab4c13e1c">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My So-Called Life!! I'm obsessed. I'm in the process of watching it right now haha. Also, Buffy!<strong> I <3 Spike
    </strong>Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

LOVE!! I was so depressed when I found out his new FI is my age. MY AGE! Oh if only....haha!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm... James Marsters... I love him.  He was on the BBC show Torchwood, too.  Briefly.  I was also sad when I found out that his fiancee is really young. I'm RIGHT HERE. lol.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:08c77a3a-1eb4-4027-8582-f8559e0211e9">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: What is your favorite... : <strong>LOVE!! I was so depressed when I found out his new FI is my age. MY AGE! Oh if only....haha!
    </strong>Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

HAHA! I know I was shocked when I found out how young she is. He's so freakin sexy still. I've been thinking about watching Buffy again just because I love him so much LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just rewatched the first couple of seasons of Buffy, but I stopped after the Magical Snow of Forgiveness (when Buffy forgives Angel... and then it snows in LA...) in I think Season 3?  Because I got distracted by other things.

OH ANGEL!  Another Joss Whedon show I loved that got cancelled!

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:f5dd609d-365c-4e3f-bdad-cd5cfa44e388">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't gilmore girls cancelled because Rory wanted to focus on movies?  I've seen her in Sisterhood of the travelling pants 2 and that was it after GG.  I do like Lauren Graham in Parenthood though...
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's why.  But she was also in Post Grad and there's a new movie coming out that she's in.

I admit that I only started watching Parenthood because of Lauren Graham

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is all sorts of yummy...

• Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Friends and also wish it had lasted forever.  Will & Grace was also hilarious, but then when Grace married that guy and then divorced him, it started to suck.

I heard that Grey's Anatomy might be done after this season, I hope not :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHAT!  GREY'S ANATOMY CAN'T GET CANCELLED.  It's finally starting to not suck!! 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bball--according to inside tv ratings, highly unlikely that it will get cancelled:

http://insidetvratings.com/2011/03/30/cancelled-renewed/will-grey%E2%80%99s-anatomy-be-renewed-or-cancelled/

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Greys was renewed for 2011-12 season.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I started watching Mike and Molly because it was Sookie from GG...

I'm kinda mad Flash Forward got cancelled, especially the way it ended.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, so in my mind there is totally a difference between being a cancelled show and a show that just ran its course or ended.  Lost and Friends ended.  (And I was satisfied with those endings and the timing of them.) Firefly was cancelled. 

That said, HOW HAS NO ONE HERE MENTIONED ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT YET?  DH and I watched it in marathon format over Netflix this summer and I am so bummed that there is no more to see.  The most epic cancelle show ever is Freaks and Geeks, though. 
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    AMERICAN DREAMS!  I was so pissed when they cancelled that show, I really loved it. 

I was also really enjoying Lone Star-- you know, all two episodes of it.  I was bummed when they cancelled that show. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I 100% agree with LRM-- LOST wasn't cancelled, it just ran it's course.

Mana, good call on Flash Forward.  I really liked that show, but I think the timing was off.  I couldn't get involved with that show AND have the final season of LOST.  I think if they had waited a year, it would have really taken off. 

Are there fans of Parenthood on the board?  I would love to have discussion about it, but no one I know watches it.  It's probably one of my favorite shows on right now.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:cedd297c-ba7e-467e-8af2-f8ba86342108">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]  That said, HOW HAS NO ONE HERE MENTIONED ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT YET?  DH and I watched it in marathon format over Netflix this summer and I am so bummed that there is no more to see.  The most epic cancelle show ever is Freaks and Geeks, though. 
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah LRM, you are my tv twin! I was so excited to say Arrested Development. One of the funniest shows ever. I also absolutely loved Freaks and Geeks (IMO better than My-so Called Life). They did a show after called Undeclared that was also cancelled, I think just after one season. I would recommend that if you haven't seen it yet, though it's not as good.</div><div>
    </div><div>And Amer, I love Parenthood too! I feel like they haven't had a new episode in forever though :(</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I never got into Arrested Development... or The Parenthood.  Or Freaks & Geeks.

But I did a search for cancelled shows of 2011, and I found out that TBS cancelled My Boys. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RA - Freaks and Geeks is a must-watch.  It's in syndication on IFC if you have digital cable.  Sometimes they show it in marathon format which makes my heart go a-flutter.  The show stars James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Jason Segel all before they made it big, and it was created by Seth Rogen.  I agree that it is the BEST portrayal of high school ever...also even better than MSCL, which is also up there on the list of greatest tragedies of cencalled TV in history.

At happy hour the other week, one of our recent retirees from school made a reference to being "never-nude" and I cracked up.  We had a Moment of mutual Arrested Develoment love and it was a beautiful thing.

ETA - Rachel, DH and I watched Undeclared after we ran out of Freaks and Geeks episodes years ago when we first discovered that show (also on Netflix)..it's OK, but definitely not as good.  It was too sitcom-y for me where Freaks and Geeks had a real-ness and a smore dramatic edge to it.  I am still so, so sad that we will never know what happened after Lindsay's summer of ditching Math Camp for going on tour with the Dead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought of another one... Dead Like Me.  They had the follow up "movie" sans Mandy Patinkin, but I won't even watch it.  The reviews were so bad that it's not worth my time.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards