California-Napa
Options

HM in either March or June?

Hi ladies-FI and I decided on SF/Napa for our honeymoon, and I am SO excited! This is will my first time to California too!I have been reading up on Napa/SF on Frommers, etc., but I also would appreciate your input. We have a choice to HM either in late March or wait until June.Which month would you recommend?TIA!(Breez-thank you for the previous posts w/great info!)

Re: HM in either March or June?

• Options
    katiemm2006katiemm2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't go wrong in June, but I also really like March because it's outside of peak season. You get extra attention in tasting rooms and it feels a little more romantic when the crowds thin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Katie- Also a thank you to silltsh for previous post info as well :)What's the weather like in March?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree...the chances for better weather (and crowds that match) is in June.  March could be chilly and rainy, or it could be sunny (and chilly) :) But you wont have to deal with the crowded tasting rooms. I found this online about the weather: MARCH March in the Napa Valley is a great time to visit. The promise of spring with the verdant green hills and the early blossoms lets the Wine Country visitor know that the seasons here are mild and inviting. When venturing up to the Napa Valley in March, bring clothing in layers, as the temperature is changeable. This is a good rule of thumb any time of the year as the locals say, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes”! In the town of Napa, the average temperature in March is 54 degrees, while the average high is 64 degrees and the average low temperature is 41 degrees. The average rainfall for March is 3.7 inches. Temperatures and rainfall in Yountville and Oakville, several miles north of Napa, would be roughly the same as in Napa. In March, the average temperature in Calistoga is 52 degrees, the average high is 64, and the average low is 40 degrees. The average rainfall in Calistoga for March is 4.7 inches. These figures reflect a close approximation to those in St. Helena, just eight miles south of Calistoga. In March, you temperatures may rise to near 80, and temperatures in the 70’s will are not uncommon. In Napa in March 2005, the temperature hit 82 degrees on March 11, 2005, and temperatures were in the 70’s on 8 days. Indeed, on only three March 2005 days, did the high temperature fail to top 60 degrees. The Napa Valley Mustard Festival is in full bloom by March and with it come some fabulous events to entice you to an early spring visit to the Napa Valley. The Napa Valley Marathon attracts runners from near and far. The course winds south from Calistoga down the Silverado Trail to Napa through one of the most beautiful grape growing regions in the world. Call 707-226-7459 for information. Another great March event is the Calistoga Jazz Festival (or Mustard, Mud and Music as it is known), has become renowned for drawing great musicians. This event offers the jazz aficionado an opportunity to visit Calistoga's galleries, restaurants, shops and spas while tasting Napa Valley wines, savoring a tasty bite from any one of a number of restaurants and listen to hot tunes and cool jazz! Visit http://www.mustardfestival.com/calendar/ for more information.JUNEJune in the Napa Valley is a time to anticipate the summer months ahead. With warm weather a constant and yet an occasional cool evening, the Wine Country visitor will find many al fresco activities to choose from. Many of the valley restaurants have outdoor seating and there is always a view to take your breath away. In the town of Napa, the average temperature in June is 66 degrees, while the average high is 78 degrees and the average low temperature is 51 degrees. The average rainfall for June is 0.3 inches. Temperatures and rainfall in Yountville and Oakville, several miles north of Napa, would be roughly the same as in Napa. In June, the average temperature in Calistoga is 68 degrees, the average high is84, and the average low is 51 degrees. The average rainfall in Calistoga for June is 0.3 inches. These figures reflect a close approximation to those in St. Helena, just eight miles south of Calistoga. June is a fantastic month to visit the Napa Valley. The temperatures are warm, but not yet hot, and the summer tourist season does not begin in earnest until after July 4th. You will have great weather, and you will find it easier to get a reservation in June for your favorite restaurant as compared to August or September. June is also a perfect month to plan a Napa Valley picnic, and if you are looking for some picnic suggestions, click here. Calistoga's Art In The Park is a great outdoor June event and has received the honor of Best Cultural Event 2005 from Bohemian Magazine. In it's ninth year, this event features arts and crafts from over forty different artists as well as food, wine and a very popular silent auction. Some of the valleys best creativity is showcased here first. Call 707-942-2278 for more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards