Catholic Weddings

living together before...

124»

Re: living together before...

• edited December 2011
    agapecarrie Why are you even on here? Are you even getting married? Your wedding date is 01/01/0001? Do you seriously just come on here to talk about religion with other brides?
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

i'm here and i'm already married... should i go to the Nest or explain my presence here?

i enjoy coming here to talk religion with other brides and other married ladies.  just the mere way you worded that question comes across as condescending and judgemental, all of the things you supposedly hate.

agape's advice is invaluable on this board.  i think most anyone else you ask here will agree.  its only too bad that you cant see the wisdom in her words and advice.

• agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_living-together-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:266ae0f6-48e1-4c42-98ee-0e85190d181dPost:1546a107-8f08-4342-915c-0d988a792298">Re: living together before...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting..so it just so happened that 3 or 4 Priests that she contacted were "not behaving properly" and had nothing to do with the Church. 
    Posted by cindy91788[/QUOTE]

and I don't buy this. I still say she didn't hear right, or twisted it and then you didn't hear right and put a spin on it.

There's something else going on here and the whole story isn't being examined.

And yes, several priests can get things wrong. I can refer you to canon law and the catechism. That is what is set by the actual church.

And again, you call yourself catholic but don't believe lots of things nor practice. How is that not hypocritical?
  • edited December 2011
    well, believe what you want. I have no reason to make any of that up. She is a good friend of mine, and she didn't get the story wrong, and neither did I. Actually, the way I found the priest that is marrying us, is through her, because he was the only priest she could find that would baptize her baby.
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the nod calypso. I think you do pretty well yourself. (Now if we can just get you to mass every week!!!! )   :)

I can't even get my question answered, so I'm giving up too.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i know i know!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards