California-San Diego

Makeup artist/ Hair dresser

Hi Ladies,

i am looking for a makeup artist that will come to my house (or where ever we are getting ready) to do my make up, and possibly a few bridesmaids/moms. We are getting married in San Marcos (near the 15/ 78 junction)... we will be getting ready in that vicinity. 

Does anyone have some good referrals?

It's a bonus if they can do hair too- I haven't decided if I will get my hair done or if I will just do it myself. I was set to do it myself, but then started thinking that I always got my hair/makeup done professionally done for the 4 proms I went to in high school- so I can't justify NOT getting it professionally done for one of the most important days of my life!!!!

Thanks!

Re: Makeup artist/ Hair dresser

• edited December 2011

I LOVE my make up artist!  She is based in Carlsbad so I am sure she would be happy to go to San Marcos.  (she is coming down to downtown SD for mine).  She did my future sister in law's make up at her wedding as well as four of her bridesmaids.  Everyone looked amazing.  her name is Ann Dinicolo and her website is http://www.flirtmakeup.net/. She does not do hair, but I would bet she has a couple referrals.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Looks by Lynzy.  She did a lovely job, did my bridesmaids, MIL and my hair and make-up, was very affordable and came to our location.  Her email is looksbylnz@gmail.com.  Tell her Stacy from May 1st, 2010 sent you.  Congratulatios and good luck with whomever you end up with!

• edited December 2011
    Luv bug-

I am also looking for a makeup artist that will travel! 
    How much did she charge? did you do a trial run also?
  • edited December 2011
    She charged $50 for a travel fee since she was in Carlsbad.  I almost did not want to pay it because it seemed a little silly to me, but I think she is probably worth it.    I don't have the contract in front of me, but I think she charges $70 for the trial and $100 for day of?  But she may be willing to negotiate.  That also includes airbrush and lashes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and I have not done my trial yet, but I will soon.  My wedding is not utnil October so I can only speak from experience of my future sister in law and her bridesmad.  She also came highly recommended from my planner
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks, i think i will give her a call and see what she will do for me!
  • ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!! I really appreciate it! 

I just got my planner and I totally keep forgetting to use her for these things- I already had most of my planning done on my own when we decided to work together (she is a friend and trying to start her own company... hence why it was arranged so late!) But she has worked in the biz for a few years and hopefully knows someone!!!
  • twbstrtwbstr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -SJBNJB

I am also looking for a stylist for about the same location. (my guess is the same venue). I feel comfortable doing my own make-up but not my hair. And for my twin sister's wedding all the same girls (bridesmaids) chose hair and not make-up. How much did the hair do's cost, including travel?
  • edited December 2011
    -twbstr,

Lynzy charged $100 to do hair and make up per bridesmaid.  I believe she would have been $65 for just the hair.  For me I think she charged a little more?  For some reason I can't recall, but maybe I was the same price?  She charged less for my MIL because her hair was very short and just needed curled.  Those prices were what she charged for coming to the location, however the location was some what close to where she lives, so I don't know if she charges more for further out.....although downtown was going to be the same price.   I thought she did a great job....I am pretty picky with my hair, so I did two trials with her and she nailed it on the wedding day.  My bridesmaids looked awesome, and so did my MIL. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards