Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• Options
    When he asked me what I wanted, I started looking and found that I wanted something classic, not the popular classic with a big diamond and a lot around it, but with filigree.  Apparently that is really hard to find at a popular store.  I gave him a few examples of what I liked but he found this one and had the diamond custom set for me.  I couldn't be happier with my ring! I love it!

• Options
    I don't have a pic but mine is a 1 carat princes cut solitare.  I love the simplicity of it.  I made sure to tell him that I wanted a solitare so that he would pick out something I liked and he listened.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    so this is told from my Fiances piont of veiw :)

I setup a plan with the park manager of Makoshika State Park and Glendive Police dispatch that includes the following. 1. Dispatch calls me at 6:48 and says the Makoshika park manager requests someone from the department to assist him in getting some pictures of a campfire some kids had recently with alcohol involved and all the officers are busy. I say I can.
    2. At 6:50 I call the park manager and confirm it with him and meet him to get the keys to the switchback gate since that area is not open to the public yet.
    3. I take Tienne up to the Pine On The Rocks campsite where there is a "crime scene" and start taking pictures.
    4. I find a note that said "Tienne, meet me at the rock overlook, and hand it to Tienne.
    5. Tienne and I go to the rock overlook and I propose.
    The fun part is that the park people set up all the empty bottles and cans and the mess, and I already arranged the script with dispatch. (I work there for all of you that don't know).
    The not-so-super-awesome part: Tienne pretty much knew everything and is impossible to surprise.
    The really fun part: Then we had the whole restricted part of Makoshika for ourselves to explore after the proposal; not even park rangers were up there.

and absolutly ADORE it :)

and heres the close up, the detailing is insanely complex.

• Options
    samlaurasamlaura member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

We picked out my ring together. We got to pick the center dimond seperate from the setting. Then he surprised me with when, where, and how he proposed. :) We were at a beautiful waterfall in north Georgia.
  • Options

My FI proposed to me on  our vacation to Cabo. We'd only been together for a few months, but have been best friends for 4 years. He's amazing and I LOVE the ring. :)
    MrsJuice
  • Options
    Pictures do not do my ring justice! It is a 3-carat round center stone, with a .25 carat tapered baguette diamond on each side, set in platinum.

My fiancé new I loved the style of my Grandmothers ring, so he had mine made to match it. The only differences are that her was set in white gold, and only had a 1 carat center stone. He did it all himself, and did a fantastic job! Or course I did wait 7 years for it, so he knew it was going to have to be good! LOL!

• Options
    bettygoobbettygoob member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

A half carat princess cut surrounded by two baquettes and several smaller round stones on all sides.

His ring is a little less traditional.

• Options
    Photo from Kay Jewelers site

Marquee cut diamond; 5 diamonds set in each side of band.

He picked it out himself, with some help from his best friend Miranda.
    He had been shopping for "netbooks" while he was visitng in town and I was at work (code for ring shopping) and would occassionally mention how all his friends were getting married and kept asking him for his opinions on rings, and so he asked me for my "advice"... his coy way of eliciting the styles and things I like. Call me oblivious, but I didn't suspect a thing.
    Tongue out
  • Options
    My fiance and I went to pick it out together. I knew exactly what I wanted and we got it custom made, heart shaped diamond, and pear shaped emeralds. I was very happy with the design. The ring shows our wedding colors, white and green, and we are getting married next May (emerald). I  can't wait. He popped the question at a Brad Paisley concert, during his performance of the song "Then". It was amazing. That is going to be our first dance for sure.

• Options
    My fiance and I both picked out the ring, on the anniversary of my grandfather's death.  I was very close to my grandfather so this made it really special!  He purposed on the top of the Empire State Building on the 4th of July, as he got special tick

ets for this!  It was unreal!!
  • Options
    mine is a 2 ct. round 3 stone ring. he picked it then I went with him and told him I LOVED IT. when he showed it to me he showed a .5 ct.  When he proposed it was a 2 ct WOW AMAZED
  • Options

Engaged 03/07/2010 during a trip to Chicago!
  • Options
    jlmjenjlmjen member
    First Comment
    There are some beautiful rings on here.  My ring is a .6 mm aquamarine with six small side diamonds set in white gold.  I wanted aquamarine because we started dating in March and it is March's birth stone.  It represents the "birth" of our relationship and I wanted something with meaning and a little different.  I picked out the ring with FI after looking all over for an aquamarine that looked like an engagement ring, but was simple enough to where to work (I work with toddlers).  I saw this one and fell in love with it.  It worked out well because it just so happened to be on sale for an amazing price that day.  Otherwise we would not have been able to afford such a large center stone.  I love it and love what it means to me.

• Options
    My fiancé did better than I could have ever hoped, with just a little help from our mutual friend.

My ring is an Irish Claddagh!
    The heart is for love, the crown is for loyalty, and the hands are for friendship.

He had to have it made (Jared's) because they don't make Claddagh engagement rings here in the States!
    White gold... 1 ct heart-shaped diamond in the middle... In the crown, there are two tear-shaped diamonds and one round diamond that are  .5 ct altogether.

I'm so pleased that it's a little more sturdy, as well, so I can wear it often without being afraid of hurting it!

SO PERFECT.

• Options
    he picked this one out on his own. its absolutely perfect even though its small lol he bought it while we were still in college which equalled a small fund for an engagement ring. he has always promised to get me a bigger one because i deserve it but i think this one's perfect and he picked it out all by himself. the seeing is perfect and its small and delicate for my little hands. plus i love all the little diamonds around the band. he's perfect, its perfect. <3 we get married in 43 days i am i so excited. we both agreed someday i would get a new one so i can give this one to our daughter :D

• Options
    Long story. I'll try to make it short.  When we first started looking I had no idea what I wanted.  Then I decided on a timeless round solitare.  FI was very nervous about picking one.  We looked and looked. 

We were going to a wedding and I had some time to kill on my lunch break so I went dress shopping, found a dress and got a tie to match for FI.  Also took a side track to the jewlery store where my friend was working.  Found this ring (perfect!)  She wrote down the info.

FI was meeting me for dinner.  He was a little late and I scolded him.  Then I showed him what we would wear to the wedding.  I also told him shyly that I had stopped at the jewler and found a nice ring he should look at.  Turns out he was on his way (after dinner) to by the not so nice one at the big chain jeweler.  That is why he was late he stopped at home to get money.  But when he saw this one he love it too. 1.01 carat vs1
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My fiance and I got engaged Christmas Day 2009. My ring is the ring his grandmother was proposed to by his grandfather. He had it cleaned and redone with more diamonds. She passed  the ring onto him to propose to me. His wedding band will be the one that his grandfather wore as well. Our wedding day is May 21, 2011.

• Options

I picked out the style but never saw it in person or tried it on. I was totally surprised when my fiance proposed in January.
    I love my cushion-cut blue topaz (1-3/8 ct. t.w.) surrounded by dazzling round-cut diamonds (1/5 ct. t.w.) set in 14k white gold. 
    We will be getting married May 1,2011!!!

• Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    He actually had my friend send me pictures of rings (since she and I had been pouring over the internet getting ideas of the types of rings we wanted.) Never did I imagine she was working with him to help design the ring of my dreams! So they whole time I was telling her I want a princess cut diamond and with diamonds going along the band he was taking down notes and having one created for me. 3.9 carats!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Through various discussions of jewelry and politics, I had let my opinion be known to my fiance that I am not into diamonds, nor do I think an engagement ring need be particularly expensive. He got some of our friends to distract me at the local Renaissance Faire, and purchased this handmade, 14kt gold ring with a pink-gold cultured pearl, before proposing on my favorite ride at Disneyland (Splash Mountain).

• Options
    My FI proposed to me on top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris!!  It was kind of amazing!!  This ring is perfect for me; nice and simple.  It's a 1.25 carat princess cut solitare in a Tiffany setting.  I told my FI i liked princess cut diamonds and he did the rest.  I had no idea it was coming!!  He's such a romantic...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is an antique that my FI found redone at a local jewlery store. He picked it out 100% on his own... and I have to say that I was impressed! I currently in nursing school and he actually found a beautiful one that doesnt tear rubber gloves or scratch my patients! :)

This is that bobber that I was given the ring in while ice fishing together this past december!
  • Options

My FI and I were only together about 3 months before we started talking about getting married. A month later we went to Shane Co. and picked this out together. It's a 2/3 ct Lavander Sapphire in a white gold setting with 45 tiny diamonds covering the "Cushion Cut" style setting and fillagree all the way around the sides. The Lavander Sapphire was his idea and I LOVED it. The white gold ate the 1 ct diamond we put in it but the sapphire just sparkled. :) I work at a Bridal shop and recently saw a girl with the same setting and a 1ct diamond in it. I still love mine more. :)
  • Options
    This is a picture of my ring from the jeweler's website. The yellow gold rod is what holds the custom band against the ring. I can't wait to finish the three ring set.  My fiancé and I went ring shopping together, I picked out 3 that I really loved and he chose this one. I love it. I love that not everybody will have a ring that looks like mine. Ahhhh! Isn't the ring one of the most exciting parts? It's been a few months and it still makes my heart flutter when I look at it.
  • Options
    This was my grandmother's engagement ring!

It was a very traditional engagement.  My love had to actually go to my parents and ask for my hand in marriage.  They were holding my ring.  I had no idea that he even called them or this meeting took place.

My parents had the opportunity to bless him has the man of our future home. And talk with him one on one which I found very special and loving

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We had been talking about getting married and so i was looking at rings so he had an idea of what i liked. I came across this ring but instead of a carat i found it in a 1/2 carat and when i showed him and he seen the price he asked me to try to find something cheaper... so i did with no luck at all. Then roughly a month later he proposed with not only the ring i wanted but in a 1 carat vs. 1/2 a carat!!!! What a sweet guy!!! Tricky, but sweet! LOL
  • Options
    I always wanted a canary diamond, which is what I told my FI. He had this custom made for me... It's 1.3 ct radiant cut with 76 white diamonds surrounding it. There are two halos and the band has a split shank. Altogether it's 2.5 cts. I love love looooooove it!   I drink champagne on the regular and one afternoon while cooking, this sparkly number ended up in my bubbly! Turned around and there he was on his knees! 

• Options
    Love mine!  We picked it out together.   2.5 ctw  I wanted to wear it out of the store but my mom and sister wouldn't let me....both were calling me with threats.
  • Options

He proposed right before the first pitch was thrown before the White Sox played the Yankees. We both have a love for baseball, and it was the perfect setting. He picked it all out on his own, knowing I love the vintage style!

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, I actually proposed to him, but after months and months of trying to find a ring that was really me, he bought an antique ring with a  2 ct blue diamond from an estate jeweler, and had a custom setting made for it (the original setting is TOTALLY not me).  It's designed to look like waves, because I love the ocean so much.

This is the original ring:

And this beauty is the finished product! 

The only thing I love more than that ring, is him!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards