Options

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• Options
    Got engaged at Disneyland its the same placehe first told me "i love you"
    He picked it out with some help from his groomswoman. :D

Cinco de Mayo 2010
  • Options

6/11/10 - He was waiting for me with this ring at the end of a scavenger hunt that he staged throughout the house we just closed on a week before (our first house together)!

We had wandered into the jewelry store one day and I tried on this setting. We were both speechless...but I never expected to be wearing it on my hand!

• Options
    edited June 2010
    http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/lynz72785/100_1386.jpg

This is my beautiful ring!!! My FI proposed on 5.27.10 at home while I was in my pjs. It was so romantic and exactly what I thought my FI would do. He is amazing. I know the center stone is .66ct but I don't know total Carat weight. I have tiny hands so I didn't need anything big. I am in love with my ring and I stare at it all the time!!
    *Future Mrs.W* Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The ring was my FI's mother's. He chose an emerald because it is my birthstone. It is a very beautiful ring. It is a little big for me but I'm looking into shops to get it resized. Couldn't be happier! 

• Options
    Paul proposed on the anniversary of our first date/the night we knew we fell in love - he took us back to our first date, which was at the local zoo and a picnic by the lake. He made a book about us for a gift, which had our faces photoshopped - and on one page it read: "And then one day, he asked her parents if she could be his wife..." I looked up and Paul was already on one knee, trembling, and tearing up with my beautiful ring in his hand  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SergioyAmandaSergioyAmanda member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    This is my first ring my fiance gave me March 4th 2007...We picked it out together, and I am in love with it. 

Last Thursday we went and paid for my new rings though :) New engagement ring and the matching wedding band. He thinks I've had this ring too long and wants me to have a new one and will re-propose and everything :)
  • Options
    Wow, there are some gorgeous rings on here!
    Mine is a 2.04 carat center stone with 6 channel set diamonds.  2.88 carats total.
    I unknowingly picked it out :) Very sneeky FI

Photobucket
  • Options
    I love checking out everyone's beautiful ring!

Here is mine:

Round center stone with princess stones in the band. I absolutely love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    Sorry I don't have a good picture.  It's .33 princess cut with 8 little dimonds around the band.  My FI proposed right after I gottt back from skating practice.

My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennyjen1125jennyjen1125 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    We had been talking about engagement and marriage for a few months prior to the proposal, he was only waiting to get my dad's permission and also to save up the money for the ring. He had asked me to show him the type of ring I liked, so we went to the Tiffany&Co. website, where I showed him a couple I liked. He really liked the idea of a Tiffany&Co. engagement ring, so he was determined to save up and get me the one I wanted, even though he could have gotten a much bigger, though not as great quality, diamond from somewhere else. And I have never seen a diamond so sparkly as mine! I'm obsessed :)

The ring is platinum with a .45 carat center diamond, and 14 small diamonds on the sides.

The proposal took place on February 28, 2010 - here's a video of it!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fov_BuR2GAg

Website photo:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    soniatewssoniatews member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

This is the ring my fiancé proposed to me with, its diamond and sapphire goat!  It started off his Great Grandfather’s tie pin that was made into a ring for his Grandma. She wore when she was little, then his mom wore it and now its mine!

My FI said he wanted to propose with something special and meaningful (not some generic rock) and that together we would pick out an traditional engagement ring. Until then, I love my diamond goat!

BTW, he proposed in front of the goats at the LA Zoo! His parents caught the whole thing on video!

Photobucket
  • Options
    When my fiance proposed I was of course crying but really started with the waterworks when he told me that the diamonds were the ones our grandmas wore (they have both passed away now) and I was so happy to have so much history behind the diamonds. Since my fiance knows I am an artist he knew that I would love creating a ring of my own out of the 4 diamonds and arranged for me to meet with a jewelry designer. I ended up putting them in an antiquish looking setting with accent diamonds and arranged them in a modern way with a beveled edge. I wanted something unique and something no one else would have or would see in a store...I absolutely love it and it means so much to me.

• Options

Just what I wanted. It is hard to see at this angle but the band is set with diamonds to show off the topaz. I love gemstones and collect them whenever I can. I am so pleased how the blue goes with my skin color.

• Options
    We got engaged on May 30th on a rooftop under the stars :) My FI was playing with my rings and pretended to want to see them and when he put my ring finger ring back on, it wasn't my usual ring, but rather the engagement ring. He got on one knee and asked me to marry him! He actually worked with a jeweler to design my ring and I absolutely love it! 

• Options
    edited June 2010
    This thread of ring photos is definitely my favorite thing I have ever seen on The Knot.  It is so fun to look at all the beautiful sparkle, but also shows how all of us brides to be are the same yet different.  I love it!
    Here is mine!  I picked it out.  I had proposed to him last month and gave him an engagement ring, so now we both have them!
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Options

3 round cut diamonds with 4 channel set diamonds down each side.  1 carat total.  it sparkles so much I catch myself looking at it driving because it makes sparkles on the roof of my car :)  I couldn't  imagine a more perfect ring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    My engagment ring. My FI picked it out himself and I love it

• Options
    Here is a pic of my ring! My finace designed it all by himself I was soo impressed. He proposed to me on stage at my law school graduation. It was really sweet and unexpected!

• Options
    CrysMarie12CrysMarie12 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

These rings are all very unique and gorgeous! 

My ring is a 1.9 cushion stone with 24 smaller side stones. I showed my FI what I realistically wanted and also a "dream" ring and of course he went and got the dream ring. Love it! 

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Here is my ring. My FI had it custom made at Jared, and picked out everything himself (he knew I loved the heart cut diamonds). I love it and knowing he designed it just for me. The heart is .70 carat and there are a total of 27 diamonds on the ring. I'm so proud of him :)

PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At the time, the mister and I lived across the country from each other. He pretty much told me the next time we saw each other, he was going to ask me to marry him. He even sent a blurry cell phone pic of it (it looked very different and like a sapphire, haha). It wasnt a traditional proposal either; it was US.

I was so not a diamond girl, ever. It was his grandma's. I love it because I've never seen anything like it and it's truly vintage. It came with a small band to inset in it but because of resizing problems I'm not using it.

Today I ordered a smaller crossover wedding band with some emeralds and a few diamonds. Guess he changed me...hahaha
  • Options

Getting married Sept. 2012 :)
  • Options

We got engaged Feb 13, 2010. He picked it out all by himself. The center stone is 1 carat and there are 6 pave set diamonds on each side. I love it!
  • Options

So many pretty rings! My FI & I had looked @ many rings & I had fallen in love with this one! The question was not if but when after that! & on May 23, 2010 he proposed Wink He had the jewler make a replica of the cartier honeymoon ring with a 2 carat diamond!

Emily & Joel
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Here is mine :)  Its a 1 ct cushion cut "brilliant"  The setting is white gold and of you look closely, there are tiny diamonds on the sides of the ring (above the hole for my finger).

I adore this ring!
  • Options
    Mine is a 1 carat round diamond with 10 pave stones on each side. I couldn't love it more!

• Options

This is my first post!!  Engaged this past Tuesday at the beach :)
  • Options
    nickchicknickchick member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Mine is a 1 carat round in a 6 prong tiffany style white gold solitaire setting. The prongs hold up the diamond and make it look like it's floating. It lets in so much light and just sparkles like crazy. Wearing it makes me feel like a princess!

• Options

My ring is my profile pic, that's how much I love it!  (This pic is also from the website where he bought it, none of the pics I take ever come out right.)  I have to admit, when he first showed me the ring it was such a shock because of all it represents, I couldn't wrap my mind around whether I liked the ring or not especially because it was so unique and unexpected. Needless to say he was worried I didn't like it.  But by the next day I was in love and can't stop showing it off to people!  I love stars, and I am very minimalistic so this is the perfect ring for me.  :):):)
    Anniversary
  • Options

Just got engaged while visiting the nation's capital (DC will now always be a special city to us) and was enamored with the ring my fiance chose! He knew I wanted something a bit classic with a little something extra. And I think all of his research regarding the 4cs paid off! The ring is a 1 ct round brilliant with 30 channel set diamonds on the band. I love the sparkle and the way it catches the light!  Just needs a slight tightening but other than that it's perfect for me!

Congrats to all of the other newly engaged! I'm enjoying the ride! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards