Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

He proposed! Such a surprise!

I've been with my guy for over 4 years, and even though that sounds like a long time, I wasn't expecting to be engaged for at least another year or so.  He popped the question on Sunday and I was absolutely not expecting it.

Apparently he had other plans, but didn't get the ring in time.  So, he went to plan b.  Actually, plan c in a way...he had planned on Friday, but plans got rained out until Sunday.  After a long day of getting things done, we went to the park across from my school to go hiking up the mountain.  He let me know that he wanted to carve pumpkins (something neither of us had ever done) at the top of the mountain and have a picnic.  

We hiked up to a peak with a nice view carrying the pumpkins and food in backpacks.  We carved the pumpkins and he lit them.  We ate our picnic dinner watching the sun set and just before dark, he pulled out 2 little 25cent machine containers and asked "trick or treat?".

I honestly still did not see it coming at this point.  I picked the blue one, and he said, "well, I've got this little black box too" and pulled out the ring and proposed.  I was shocked into temporary silence enough that he was afraid I would say no.  (Of course I said yes)

He was afraid it wasn't good enough, but I couldn't imagine anything better.  He combined things I love - Halloween, fall, crafts, hiking, food (hehe).  His proposal and the ring both show how well he knows me and how much he loves me.

I'm so excited and wanted to share the story!

Re: He proposed! Such a surprise!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_he-proposed-such-a-surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:6d5abebb-070b-487d-a584-8908587258a0Post:76db6f66-88f6-4089-b634-ade0a53668db">He proposed! Such a surprise!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been with my guy for over 4 years, and even though that sounds like a long time, I wasn't expecting to be engaged for at least another year or so.  He popped the question on Sunday and I was absolutely not expecting it. Apparently he had other plans, but didn't get the ring in time.  So, he went to plan b.  Actually, plan c in a way...he had planned on Friday, but plans got rained out until Sunday.  After a long day of getting things done, we went to the park across from my school to go hiking up the mountain.  He let me know that he wanted to carve pumpkins (something neither of us had ever done) at the top of the mountain and have a picnic.   We hiked up to a peak with a nice view carrying the pumpkins and food in backpacks.  We carved the pumpkins and he lit them.  We ate our picnic dinner watching the sun set and just before dark, he pulled out 2 little 25cent machine containers and asked "trick or treat?". I honestly still did not see it coming at this point.  I picked the blue one, and he said, "well, I've got this little black box too" and pulled out the ring and proposed.  I was shocked into temporary silence enough that he was afraid I would say no.  (Of course I said yes) He was afraid it wasn't good enough, but I couldn't imagine anything better.  He combined things I love - Halloween, fall, crafts, hiking, food (hehe).  His proposal and the ring both show how well he knows me and how much he loves me. I'm so excited and wanted to share the story!
    Posted by dtew1050[/QUOTE]Congrats! Such a sweet way to propose. :)
    Lindsey D. marrying love of my life 7.8.2013. Baby #1 on the way mid-October! (:
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    So sweet and personal! I love it!
  • Options
    Such a sweet proposal, it sounds absolutely perfect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker imageVisit The Knot!
  • Options
    Awww too cute!! Love it!! Congrats! :
  • Options
    Congratulations :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards