Students
Options

Intro / Vent

Hey ladies!  I've posted a couple times on here, and after a mini freak-out tonight about school I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself since I'll probably have lots of venting to do between now and May.  :)

I'm a senior at University of Texas at Dallas studying Business Admin. with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship.  I originally started as a math major (wanted to teach high school math), but realized that I am NOT a morning person and wouldn't like to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn for the rest of my life.  Plus, I'm crafty and want to have my own business one day, so switching to BA just made sense!

FI and I have been engaged since January 1, 2010 (no, we did not do the cliche NYE ball drop proposal, we waited until that night).  I'm very lucky to have parents who are willing to pay for the whole wedding, but they've also said from the beginning that they won't pay for a wedding  that doesn't happen until I have my degree.  Which leads me to my vent...

I'm not a school person, plain and simple.  Don't get me wrong, I love to learn - but the idea of paying to sit in a room while someone talks at me for an hour and a half drives me up a freaking wall.  I much prefer to read books or find information online to teach myself.  So it only makes sense that going straight to a university after high school, and then half way through my degree getting promoted to a management position at my job, I'm super-stressed.  I HATE school, but a degree is pretty much required to find a good job these days, and my parents insist I finish (no point in not getting it since I've come this far).  NOW add in the distraction of wedding planning (my mom and I have seriously wondered for a long time if I have ADD, but my dad refuses to believe it and just thinks it's an excuse for my lack of motivation in my classes) and it's pretty much a recipe for disaster for my GPA, and therefore my wedding that depends upon my degree.  It's just so frustrating because I already have a great job that I love, I've already bought my wedding dress and have most of the wedding planned, just nothing is booked yet...I feel like I should be past this already.  UGH.  I just feel so defeated right now.

I'm sure I have more I could say about this, but this is already a long enough rant.  Thanks for letting me vent here!  If you all have any words of wisdom on how to get through this, or any setiments, please share!

TL;DR - School sucks, can't focus, afslj;eiwfjwja;wiajeijasfj