Hawaii
Options

Frustrated....

Aloha ladies,

This weekend was going SO well as far as planning. FI and I made A LOT of wedding decisions and we were in agreement about 99% of the time. The past 2 days it seems that every vendor decision we made we had to reconsider because something went wrong or wasn't just right or didn't fit our needs. I'm sooo frustrated. I know the wedding is FOREVER away, but I am so organized and anal about planning and I'm discouraged.

Mostly what's bothering me is that the Waikiki Aquarium does not allow amplified music at the venue. We really had our hearts set on this location. Now we have to figure something else out and so far no other venue in the same price range appeals to us. It's days like this that makes eloping sound like a great idea.

Just needed to vent. I hope all of your planning is going better than ours.

Lisa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Frustrated....

• Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear that, I don't remember the no amplification rule at Waikiki Aquarium, we looked at the site for our rehearsal dinner.   What about Kualoa Ranch?   
  • Options
    misslisaleomisslisaleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We thought about Kualoa but we'll be paying a lot in travel fees for all our vendors and it isn't as close to the beach as we'd like. We emailed the aquarium again to get clarification on their policies. Thanks so much for the response!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angelia12angelia12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lisa,

Have you thought about Sea Life Park? They have a huge meadow area and it's right across from the water. Their prices are very reasonable and they definitely allow amplified music. They provide the tables and chairs and some other things.They'll even have a diver go into the aquarium while people are entering the reception and hold a sign saying "congratulations". I was going to book there before deciding I wanted an indoor location. I did a site visit with the event coordinator, Adam, and he was really helpful. I completely understand how frustrating planning can be. My advice is just to focus on one aspect at a time, then move on to the next step when that's done. It's so easy to get overwhelmed though!
    I think once you get the venue booked you'll feel much relief.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any advice for you, but I do hope things start going more smoothly for you! At least you and your fiance are agreeing on 99% of things - that helps. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    misslisaleomisslisaleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the advice and support. I've taken a deeeeeeep breath and I'll be back at the drawing board in the morning!! I'll definitely check out Sea Life Park as well. :) I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hang in there - everything will work out!  Promise!  When one door closes another one opens :)  I know it is super frustrating when you have your heart set on something but maybe Sea Life Park will work out and you will like that place better!  Keep us posted!

• Options
    inloveinkoreainloveinkorea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am looking at getting married at the Waikiki Aquarium and went back to their site... I found this excerpt off their facilities rental page:

"The renter may bring in outside sound system equipment without an additional fee. If requested, the aquarium sound system equipment is available for a rental fee of $500 which includes an operator who set-ups, breaks down and operates the equipment during the event.  The sound system includes: 2 speakers, 2 microphones, 2 microphone stands, a mixer and a CD player."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards