January 2013 Weddings
Options

Random

So in the midst of addressing the invites, I found out that one of my friends is moving to South Korea in a week. I'm glad that I found out when I did so I could send her invite out early, and I'm absurdly happy for her and proud of her. But a small part of me is really bummed she won't be at the wedding. I know she'll do amazing things teaching english in South Korea but I just wish she could do both, ya know? Have another friend who won't be there becuse her job of playing professional basketball will keep her in Bulgaria until March. Really happy for them. Just kinda sad they won't be there.

Anyone come across this issue among your guests?

(FYI: I don't mean issue as problem, I just mean issue as occurence)

Re: Random

• Options
    It is hard to have someone you care for so much not be able to make it, but at the same time it is understandable since life doesn't stop for a wedding!

I have a friend that found out she is pregnant. Her due date is the day after my wedding. Which means that her entire family probably won't be making it to our wedding. I'm kind of bummed because I haven't seen them in years! Not to mention we are only inviting 36 people! But I am super happy for her. Hopefully, we'll be able to get together sometime in the future. 

• Options
    Yeah, it does suck when someone you want to have at your wedding can't go.  At least those are positive things happening in your friends lives.  Just had 2 of my friends tell me about their being diagnosed with illnesses...one of them is breast cancer.  Now we don't know what will be going on for either of them come Jan...it sucks to be sad for good friends, but happy because you are planning something positive and happy in your own life.  :-(
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that missv. I hope everything works out well for your friends.

• Options

I'm sorry too, missv. that is hard. Was telling FMIL about the bridal shower and she responded by telling me that FI's cousin probably has lupus, so I know what you mean. It is rough to be happy when others are sad.

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I'm still in shock, especially about my friend with breast cancer.  She's been thru so much this year...lost her mom, had a miscarriage and now this!  Ok, I'm not going to say anymore, I feel like I'm being a "Debbie Downer". 
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards