Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

POLL: ball and chain, dragging him to the alter jokes

2»

Re: POLL: ball and chain, dragging him to the alter jokes

• Options
    I think it is offensive if it is at your wedding ceremony, but if it is your sense of humor and you want to joke like that when you are by yourselves, that's fine. I guess to me, it all has to do with who does the joking and the message behind it.When we first got engaged, I bought FI the "game over" shirt as a joke. (He likes to play video games and I thought it was funny.) I know that he loves me and he does not think his life will be "over" once we are married, so I don't see anything offensive about it. He only wears it to bed or under sweaters, so it isn't something that he advertises, etc. I would be offended, though, if his friends bought him the shirt or he wore it at his bachelor party/on our wedding day. Is it a double standard? Probably, but I think there is a difference.
  • Options
    I was mainly talking about the whole dancing, or joking at the ceremony. I'm not really a fan of many cake toppers.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Banana, sorry, I disappeared, lol, but no, this was a different couple.The GROOM's parents didn't see the problem with it (Again, groom's dad was the one "yelling") ... but the groom's parents were also aware of the JOP ... still don't know why they didn't think the bride's family should know.Either way, aside from the GMs and the groom's parents: NOBODY thought it was funny.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards