Options

mynameskatie

Re: mynameskatie

• Options
    Roxy, as cute as he is, you are cuter.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    I'm just outside of Mendon.  I spent a lot of nights in HS in Canandaigua.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Oh and I have to say it's nice that people know Western New York exists. If I say I'm from NY, people say, "Oh wow, what's it like to grow up in a big city?" Then I say I'm from upstate, not near NYC at all. Like, several hundred miles away. And their eyes glaze over. And they say, "You don't have an accent or anything. Do you like the Yankees?" *head desk*
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm a noneoftheabove; I'm a Melissa called MissyAcademic Secretary/former 5th grade teacher41, 3 months from 42TK since May; P&E since..... July or early August maybe? Sucrets wasn't pregs when I started, TLV and LPSTL were just looking at houses and getting them.I'm from Charlotte NC, but I've lived in NC, GA, VA, FL, LA and now IA.  I have family in VA, NC, TX, and WV.Love seafood - especially lobster, shrimp, and crabToday was ehh. I'm struggling with Christmas, and apparently, we're already making plans up here. I love Christmas; I'm just struggling with the 3rd year away from my family.I drink occasionally; when we go out - I'm more likely to have a drink at parties or on bike rides rather than at home or at dinner.  I like Captain and Coke and Southern Comfort and Coke.  I also like Malibu Rum with OJ.  Unfortunately, I do not like margaritas or tequila of any kind - it is no longer my friend.Got the pic covered!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Oh and I have to say it's nice that people know Western New York exists. If I say I'm from NY, people say, "Oh wow, what's it like to grow up in a big city?" Then I say I'm from upstate, not near NYC at all. Like, several hundred miles away. And their eyes glaze over. And they say, "You don't have an accent or anything. Do you like the Yankees?" *head desk*Ditto this.  I hate that.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    are you a katie or a katherine called katie? - I'm actually a Kelly, but my sister is a Kate called Kate, short for nothing, just Kate. Her kindergarten teacher refused to believe her and she cried.What do you do for a living, how old are you? - I am a writer, I am 27!How long have you been on P&E? - A while in standard Internet time, but not long enough to not be considered "new."When are you getting married?  - October 23, 2010Where are you from? - Scranton, PA originally, Maryland most recently, Arizona currently.Do you like seafood? - Indeed. It's part of the entrance exam to live in Maryland.Did you have a good day today? - Not particularly!Do you drink? - I do not!What's your favorite drink? - When I did drink, Captain and diet. Now? Any kind of diet soda.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I'll play.  I'm neither of those names, I'm a Jessica (one of the many on here).  I used to work in advertising as a copy writer, but at the moment I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home mom to my beautiful seven month old daughter, and I'm 23.  I've been on P&E since the end of the summer (as a lurker).  I'm getting married in September of 2010.  I was born in SC, raised in MA, and now I call NC home and plan to for the rest of my life.  I LOVE seafood, I'm a New England girl at heart :)  I had an uneventful but good day, I suppose.  I do drink, not as often as I did back in the days before baby, but I'm a big fan of Captain Morgan and a die hard Yuengling beer drinker.And I have a sig pic, but could have used some help the day I posted it... took me like an hour to figure it out haha!
  • Options
    Mery, I do, sorta kinda. I'm student teaching 6th grade right now, graduation is in 5 weeks. Then I get to quit my 3 jobs for one big girl one, teaching 4th grade.
  • Options
    Betrothed - a friend of mine was taking classes at a community college in SoCal (Orange County) and had a classmate who seriously did not know NY was a state AND a city. Almost everyone thinks NYC is the state capital.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    That's awesome Whit. I want to teach college history someday.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    It's even worse when I say I've never been to NYC. Jaws literally drop "but how could you not?!" Because when I go I'm visiting old people who have no desire to sit in a car for 8 hours to sit in traffic and walk along busy streets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Aww thanks Whit. Once I get a new pic of my new, dark, dark hair I'll change it :)
  • Options
    I guess I should answer the questions, huh?are you a katie or a katherine called katie? Neither, I'm a KelliWhat do you do for a living, how old are you? I'm in accounting at a small-ish business, and 24.How long have you been on P&E? I think I determined sometime last week that it's been about 4 years, although not all under this SNWhen are you getting married? I did the deed on May 31, 2008.Where are you from? Rochester, NY-born and raisedDo you like searfood? Icky... nope.Did you have a good day today? Not at all.  The Nyquil should make it all better, though.Do you drink? I do, but typically not very often, and not very much.What's your favorite drink? I'm not really sure.  Alcohol and I have a tenuous relationship, so I haven't tried very many.If I tell you how to put a pic in your siggy will you do it? I already have one, as well as really good instructions :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    People can't seem to grasp that I live in the same state is the city, but that I'm about 6 hours of the city, so I've been there twice.  When people ask where I'm from I always say "New York State."  I've had a number of people say "Oh, like the city?"
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Not going to lie I didn't read through this whole thread but I promise to go back through. I am a Kathleen but I've never gone by that. I believe I was a Kathy for a few days but my parents gave that up pretty quick. I am 22 going on 23 next month. I was born exactly a week before Christmas much to my disadvantage when it comes to presents. I've done a little bit of everything most recently I worked in jewelry as a salesperson. Unfortunately I worked for the worlds biggest douche and I was so unhappy. I was bringing work home with me and was so stressed to the point where I probably cried about my job twice a week. So FI and I decided we could make it on his salary until I found something that wasn't going to cause problems in our home life. I've been lurking around P&E for a few months, though more seriously since I stopped working a few weeks ago. I occasionally throw in my 2 cents but mostly I used to come in to late for most of the posts. We were hoping to get married May of 2011 giving us plenty of time to save up. Unfortunately our house had other plans and we have to refinish an entire room in our basement because of water damage to the tune of about 5 grand. Being a homeowner rocks. I LOVE seafood. Especially seasoned shrimp. I spent most of my life on the Eastern Shore of Maryland near the Choptank River/Chesapeake Bay so now being landlocked (we live in Idaho) is pretty tough. My favorite drink is a frozen strawberry margarita...yum. I also enjoy regular lime margaritas as well. Today was okay. Its weird not working I have never really had that luxury before. And yes if you can provide me with info on how to put a picture in my sig without making it ginormous I will totally do it. Okay I think I answered them all...whew that was a long post.
  • Options
    Whit- What about animal & picture of me? Best of both worlds. :)
  • Options
    Aw MAN it had seirously been like a whole MONTH since I broke a thread.I blame it on the fact that I have a super amazing wedding check mark accomplished and I'm so excited I can't even sit STILL. But there is not place for wedding squee on the P&E board!
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    It's so funny. I guess people everywhere are oblivious. People in Arizona assume the entire F-ing state of NY is NYC, and my NY cousins used to picture AZ as the Old West. I remember when we were little one asked if we rode horses to school. Super cute when you think about it.
  • Options
    Mery, I could see myself teaching college. Actually I can see myself teaching all grades except high schoool and kindergarten. ::shivers::
  • Options
    Oh em geee!! It's mynameskatie! We've been having fun without you. Welcome to your thread.
  • Options
    I remember when we were little one asked if we rode horses to school. Super cute when you think about it.That is really funny.  So tell me, do you? ;-)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    are you a katie or a katherine called katie? - I am a Meaghan (more confusing than a Megan by a mile) I love the name kate or katie though...What do you do for a living, how old are you? - I am an event coordinator. I am 25.How long have you been on P&E? - About two years. Truly active? a little over  year...When are you getting married? - Been there, done that. 10/4/08Where are you from? - A little town to the south of BostonDo you like seafood? - yes please!Did you have a good day today? - No. I am exhausted and cranky. The knot kept me company today though.Do you drink? - Double yes please.What's your favorite drink? - I am a vodka or wine girl mostly but I reallly love a good mai tai or asain themed cocktail.
  • Options
    Glad to be here!
  • Options
    are you a katie or a katherine called katie?  I'm a Jamie What do you do for a living, how old are you? I do stuff with sports advertising, am 27 How long have you been on P&E? Mmm just started posting fairly recently, but been around far longer When are you getting married?  March 2010 Where are you from?  NY Do you like seafood? Only started to have it since Fi came into the picture....love fish and calamari, learning to like shellfish Did you have a good day today? It wasn't bad, pretty slow but since I was off yesterday that's good.  Sorry yours wasn't good, but the margarita sure sounds great! Do you drink? Yes What's your favorite drink? Depends on the season...summer we'll blender up frozen margaritas or vodka lemonades...lately red wine or champagne....always like beer...geez I sound like a lush If I tell you how to put a pic in your siggy will you do it? It took me forever to figure it out (sad I know), but I finally got it, and went with Spaghetti Cat...Soup fan, plus, eh why not
  • Options
    You can squee TJ. I won't mind.Whit, my back up plan is teaching high school history. FSIL is a high school teacher with a grad degree and her pay definitely doesn't suck. But... I figure college is better because 1) I can teach more specialized classes than general "US History" and 2) In theory, people actually WANT to be in college and maybe try a bit harder.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    ::claps:: katie's back! TJ, spill the squee! ! ! OMG niffy I want your hair!!!
  • Options
    Brooke- I totally understand your pain. I am a natural brunette who does not know how to surf and I have small breasts. When I was in bootcamp for the AF I was assigned to a squad with a big busted, surfing, blonde California girl. No one would believe me that I was born and bred in this state. They all assumed that I was a transplant because every girl in CA in blonde, blue eyed, busty, and surfs.
  • Options
    WELL. How convenient :) I am in fact a Katie, just Katie, nothing else, I too had people not believe me when I was younger, so I just made up fancy names like Katarina. I go by Katie or Kate. Also, my middle name is Lynne, and sometimes I wonder why my parents didn't just name me Katelyn. I am an Army civilian, I am 24, and have been posting since maybe September. I am getting married in June of 2011. I am from Okemos, MI, then went to school in Decorah, IA, and now I live in Annapolis, MD. I LOVE seafood. My day was mediocre at best, capped off by getting a package in the mail I couldn't open because the key USPS left wouldn't open the apartment's package mailbox. I drink, and I drink equal opportunistically. I love anything FI makes bc he is the best bartender ever. I am currently drinking a Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss.
  • Options
    Hahahaha, Nope. My pen pal also told me she pictured Arizona with a lot of tumbleweeds. that actually can be true, depending on where you are.
  • Options
    Whit- really you don't. This picture was taken after getting it professionally flat ironed. Normally it is a curly, frizzy, mess. I always love it when it is straight- then it is everything I could ever hope to have for hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards