Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

mynameskatie

13»

Re: mynameskatie

• Options
    Katie was definitely a popular pick for our generation I see there are a bunch of others here!
  • Options
    I am so going to spill!I just got the most amazing wedding photographer, not only do I love their style but the photographer I talked with is so on my wavelength, I love her (bright colored hair, glasses fetish - it's like one mind), for an absolutely astonishing oh my god amazing price. I COULD PEE.I AM SO EXCITED I COULD PEE.[url]http://www.photopinknyc.com/[/url]
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    TJ are you using a DJ? I looooooved mine. $350 for 4 hours, $50 for each additional.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Leinenkugel's Berry WeissI LOVE leinenkugel. The Berry Weiss sounds like the best thing ever, since I love wheat beer, especially wheat beer with fruit!In the UK I had this awesome thing called Fruli, which was 70% Belgian wheat beer and 30% real strawberry juice. It was pink beer. It was sort of like when you put strawberries in lemonade, but with BEER. So good.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I go by Katie or Kate. Also, my middle name is Lynne, and sometimes I wonder why my parents didn't just name me Katelyn.My niece is in a very similar position.  I want to biitch slap her mom for it.  She even goes to the extent of flipping the fuuck out on anyone who would dare call her child "Katie" or "Katelyn" because her name is "Kate Lynn."
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    brookelynpaisley - Yep, we are. He's not the cheapest I found, but I had an issue with one DJ that was just awful and this guy really made me feel much better.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Oh and katie, betrothed does have a lovely newbie bio or you can upload to photobucket, resize to around 250 (that's the accepted size round these parts) then add to your siggy: [img*]insertjpegcode[/img*] take out stars.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    I'm jealous teej! We're looking for photographers right now and FI is being insanely picky and wanting us to go over budget.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I always wanted to be Brooke Lynn Lastname. Instead I got the worst of mothers' maiden names as a middle name. It toally sucked when all my friends had cute middle names that went with their first names. I honestly would have given myself the middle name I've always wanted but I would have had to go to court to do it. So now I'm Brooke Maiden Hislast
  • Options
    Tj- I like how their name goes with their logo. Interestiiiing
  • Options
    Brooke,My middle name goes so well with my first name that all of my teachers in school thought it was a part of my first name.  It annoyed the crap out of me.  I love my middle name because it's my grandmother's first name, but I hated it growing up because everyone would call me by my first and middle name.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Hi, y'all! My name is Scoetto but you can call me Sco. I am currently unemployed at 30. I have been on P&E since Aug of 08 (under a different SN till Jan 09). I got married on 11.22.08 and renewed my vows on 10.24.09. I am from VA Beach. I do not like seafood. I did have a spectacular day today. I do drink and I am currently enjoying a Sam Adams Boston Lager. My favorite drink is Negra Modelo w/a shot of Patron Silver - no training wheels, thanks. I have a siggy pic but thanks for asking. Should I change it?
  • Options
    I do love my name. I've always liked being 'just Katie'.
  • Options
    Betrothed, in the south it's super common to call all girls firstmiddle, even if it's first middle, or only first.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Whit-Thanks I will give it a shot! TJ-I'm extremely jealous. Your photographer does gorgeous work
  • Options
    Alright, I'll give you that if I lived in the south I'd have to deal with it, and it probably wouldn't bother me so much.  However, up here, that's not typical for us.  My parent gave me a first name and a middle name, not a first-middle name.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    My name is way common, but it is often mispelled. In fact, my MIL has the same middle name, just spelled differently. I always have hated that so many other people share my middle name.
  • Options
    Sco, true or false? You are grabbing your asssss in your sig pic. I just realized that. But I love that photo. Your dress is stunning.
  • Options
    Kate- I wish I was a "just Katie". When teachers called roll the first day of class I always had to be that kid that butted in with "I actually go by Katie"
  • Options
    TJ, congrats on the photographer - those were great shots on the website! Really, really nice work.  I know you're glad to have that taken care of, plus you've got your DJ set, I see? Double congratulations!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I wish we could play Truth or Dare.
  • Options
    OH ALSO?I was reading this girl's blog (a different girl) a couple of nights ago and saw some pictures she had taken for some friends?And I emailed her a crazy email and she agreed to do engagement pics here in AZ. So hooray for that too!http://busybeelauren.blogspot.com/2009/11/sometimes-i-take-pictures.html
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    No sorrys needed. I was just curious. :) Someone poll us. I can't think of anything interesting.
  • Options
    I would like to say that I am KUI for the first time.
  • Options
    TJ - You're getting married on my birthday. Just realized that tonight. And bravo on the photog. Hi ladies! I'm Julie (Lee). I'm 27 and I work for the President of a large nonprofit. I've been on P&E since May-ish. Got married 10.2.09. I'm from Santa Fe, NM. Lurve seafood. My day was good in that I didn't go to work. Yes, I drink. Right now, I'm drinking some cheap red wine. I usually do champagne, martinis or red wine. I think I may change my siggy pic tonight.
  • Options
    Ooooo, I just woke up from a nice nap!  Can I play?  The thread is probably dead, though.  I have a knack for that.I'm Danielle, Dani, or D.I'm a choir teacher, mainly MS and HS.I'm 31 *shudder*Been on P&E since...maybe this time last year?  tk says that I joined 9/08 and it took me a bit before I found the boards.Married 6.13.09From Long Island, NY (ditto on the zomg, what's the city like???  I did go there a lot , though...was only a train ride away.)No thanks on seafood.  Ironic, since I grew up on an island.Today was ok.  Neither good nor bad.I haven't had a drink in about 3 months b/c of the beebee.  I MISS BEER!!!!!!!!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I want to play!My name is actually not Katie at all, it's Kristi, Katie is my dog.I work as a computer tech/teacher at a high school.I'm 25, turning 26 in March.I've been on the knot for...a year and halfish?I got married may 1st of this yearI was born in Wisconsin, but have lived in Minnesota, Kuwait and 5ish cities in Virginia. I've also lived in about 23 houses/apartments in 25 years.I love seafood, which is why I really love going to Maine every summer.I did have a good day today. I got to play in the "Sky Dome" at school, which is a big bubble that is a mini planeterium, and gourmet cooking made mac and cheese which was delicious.I don't drink often, but my favorite drink is either Sex on the Beach or some form of Mojito.
  • Options
    Hi katie! My name is whit. Actually it's megan but you can call me whit, are you a katie or a katherine called katie? I'm LindseyWhat do you do for a living? I am a claims analyst at a flexible spending account company...a mouthful I know!how old are you?21How long have you been on P&E? 1 week...only second time posting though...lolWhen are you getting married?  Good question, looks like we'll be waiting 2 years til FI gets out of the air force...pretty much it's up in the air right now (no pun intended)Where are you from? where the corn grows...literally I'm surrounded by cornfields lolDo you like searfood? I eat sushi but mostly only to make FI happy...lol...but I usually order chicken sushi and he steals all of it from me, I will eat sushi with seafood in it though too.  But aside from sushi I think seafood is BLAH!Did you have a good day today?  Could have been better...Came home realizing I have a sh*tload of homework to do and I'm kinda freaking out!  Do you drink? Not since I wound up in the hospital last month after a night of drinking....it wasn't even a night, it was maybe 2 hours and only 3 drinks....let's just say it didn't warrant an 8 hour hospital stay!What's your favorite drink?  Long Island's...they are the best drink ever! If I tell you how to put a pic in your siggy will you do it?  I already know how to do this. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards