Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else staying in tonight?

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:9d540294-388a-447a-a4b1-23a0b5f0d374">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MUN1 - every time I see that new sig pic, it looks like you're about to throw your sunglasses at your H. It's awesome. Edit: I know the angle of your hand wouldn't allow for that, but I don't see it that closely when I'm scrolling.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>He deserves it for closing his eyes in the picture.</div>
  • Options
    Goodnight MK!
  • Options
    Awww. Getting such a warm welcome to the evening thread honestly made my day. Seriously. You guys are awesome. *warm fuzzies*

MUN1, I can't decide if I want to vent or not. You'd all probably just think I'm dumb, since it's mostly WR stuff that has me down. Maybe I'll randomly vent at some point when I get the cajones.
  • Options
    I've never drank my wine with a straw, but I drink all my coffee from a straw.  Well coffee from Starbucks or the coffee stands in WA, anything in a cup with a lid.  I got the habit in WA and it stuck.  But I love it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:7e3d3393-be06-433b-874c-65ea5bce18f5">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : He deserves it for closing his eyes in the picture.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    I didn't think his eyes were closed. I thought he was looking at you saying, "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing over there?" Because apprarently in this picture Darth H is British.
  • Options
    I won't think you're dumb, Snail, but if you don't want to vent, that's fine.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll see if I can find it Edie.
  • Options
    And I'm eating pull n' peel twizzlers that have no hole.  I think I grabbed the wrong bag.  The rainbow ones in my pantry have holes in them.  I could totally use that.  Rainbow twizzlers with raspberry vodka and crystal light raspberry lemonade?  Probably delicious.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:7e3d3393-be06-433b-874c-65ea5bce18f5">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : He deserves it for closing his eyes in the picture.
    I didn't even notice that. I thought he was giving you a haughty "tut tut" look (which makes sense if you're being tantrum-y and about to throw your glasses).<div>
    </div><div>It's such a great picture. :)</div>
  • Options
    I don't like twizzlers, especially the original flavor. Although nothing is as bad as black licorice.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't know his eyes were closed either.  Don't tell people, it looks like he's just looking at you that way.

And goodnight MK.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:7c3aaeeb-89da-4d3c-89c7-a7f43a11d009">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I'm eating pull n' peel twizzlers that have no hole.  I think I grabbed the wrong bag.  The rainbow ones in my pantry have holes in them.  I could totally use that.  Rainbow twizzlers with raspberry vodka and crystal light raspberry lemonade?  Probably delicious.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>Why have I never thought of mixing raspberry vodka wth crystal light before?! Clearly I need to up my drinking game.  That sounds amazing.  And rainbow twizzlers would go perfectly.</div><div>
    </div><div>On that note, I'm off to bed!</div>
  • Options
    Red Vines > Twizzlers

Black licorice is disgusting.
  • Options
    i need to start drinking my coffee with a straw. Is it true that helps keep your teeth from getting stained? I mean, it makes sense...
  • Options
    I'm only so-so on regular Twizzlers.  Pull n' peel are the shitt though.  And the new(er) rainbow ones are amazeballs.  These are tropical berry pull n' peel that i"m eating right now because Target didn't have the rainbow ones and I had to settle.  But then I found the rainbow ones at the NEX today and that made my day.  Went there to go buy my godson a birthday present, and walked out with only a dress for myself and Twizzlers.  Whoops.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like twizzlers much either.  Sometimes I'll eat one of the red ones, but not very often.  And black licorice is YUCK!
  • Options
    I don't think you should be surprised to know that I hate twizzlers too, Angel. Haha
  • Options
    That sounds FUUUCKING DELICOUS, Beachy.

Also, Snail, your comment made Darth H and I both laugh.  He's actually talking in his "George Vanderbilt" voice (we recently went to the Biltmore and have been doing impressions of the snobby voice we imagine he spoke in ever since) but British is pretty darn funny too. 

And I figured no one would see that his eyes were closed with the size of the picture here.  But I'm drunk and honest right now.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I pretty much only drink crystal light with vodka.  Or store brand because I'm cheap.  When i was dieting hardcore and still going out all the time I would order vodka and water and have crystal light packets in my purse that I would add to the drink.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I guess I do feel like venting.... Now that we're about 4 months away, the vast majority of the "big" decisions have been made. I always hated it when people said, "It's the bride's day!" so I made an effort from the start to make this "our" day and make sure I made any and all decisions with FI... Now I realize that everything has been FI's decision, not mine, and I always thought, "Well, I can LIVE with this, and I'll get my way on X," then when X came along, the same thing would happen. So the whole thing is FI's dream wedding, not mine or ours.

The only things that were purely my choices- my dress and the BM/FG dresses- I completely rushed into. I bought a dress I like, but not a dress I love, and there's no going back, either with budget or time. There was so much WP drama when I went BM dress shopping, I picked the first one that I liked, and I wish we would have shopped more, because I could have gotten something a little bit better and more beautiful for the same price or cheaper if we would have shopped more.

AND, here's where I get depressing, I just really, really, REALLY wish my mom were around to have helped me through this whole thing, because I know she would have helped me find a spine with FI, a dress I loved, and eased the BM drama, because she was so good about not being a doormat and making sure I wasn't one, either.
  • Options
    Awww, snail, I'm sorry to hear that.  *hugs* 

Is there anything important left that you can have your way on?
  • Options
    I've always wanted to- but been afraid to- KUI. MUN1, you have balls of steel.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:e5994e60-252a-4735-a13c-4c7803390b1d">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]RENT FANS - I bought THIS for $5.00 at Staples. Best $5.00 ever spent.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

I got this for Christmas! 

MUNI, I prefer Joanne, but that's one of my least favorite songs on the whole thing.  But, it would be a fun duet!  I'd duet it.

MuSu, I was there for that one too!  The Mimi was horrible though.  Which blows, she's my favorite.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:8c52d820-80ff-4e43-a9c7-d7d6efe5c9a4">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I pretty much only drink crystal light with vodka.  Or store brand because I'm cheap.  When i was dieting hardcore and still going out all the time I would order vodka and water and have crystal light packets in my purse that I would add to the drink.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>...that's genius.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:63bd49fa-d81f-48ac-9db4-495968e0ab82">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww, snail, I'm sorry to hear that.  *hugs*  Is there anything important left that you can have your way on?
    Cake. FI is insisting on a sheet cake, but I really want a tier cake. Our venue does our catering, so all of the $$ for the cake comes out of our minimum. FI wants to use the $$ we would use on a pretty tier cake for more food or a chocolate fountain or something, but I really want my pretty 3-tier cake. It's not like we would be cutting anything important to do a pretty cake, but he wants to do extra late night snacks or some other add-on like that. I think he's going to win this one, too, because his family is on his side and I CANNOT stand up to them. I crumple like wet spaghetti.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:24f2e95e-5a69-479c-bdcc-bb9c0c292530">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : I got this for Christmas!  MUNI, I prefer Joanne, but that's one of my least favorite songs on the whole thing.  But, it would be a fun duet!  I'd duet it. MuSu, I was there for that one too!  The Mimi was horrible though.  Which blows, she's my favorite.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Perfect, because I always did Maureen when standing on top of the costume shop table at 5AM. </div><div>
    </div><div>Snail, when I was first posting in the chatty threads, I was <strong><em><u>ALWAYS</u></em></strong> KUI.  I was too shy to jump in sober!  But now I DGAF if my posts are pointless or not so I actually post sober instead of typing things and then deleting them.</div>
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling that way about that Snail.  Have you felt that way about the dresses since you bought them, or are you now starting to have second thoughts?  A lot of brides second guess themselves as time goes on, but hopefully you'll try your dress on and love it and love the BM's dresses.   

I don't even think you necessarily need to be bittch about getting a backbone with your FI, but put your foot down on the next thing that is important to you.  Or don't even let him know there's options if you don't have to.  H didn't know half of the options of things I picked out because he didn't care about them (like flowers).  On the next thing you don't agree on it just tell him that you think you have been more than fair in letting him pick most things, and this is something that you would really like to make the decision on.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:59cb91e8-8628-4789-a1f7-9a270dac1af8">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : Cake. FI is insisting on a sheet cake, but I really want a tier cake. Our venue does our catering, so all of the $$ for the cake comes out of our minimum. FI wants to use the $$ we would use on a pretty tier cake for more food or a chocolate fountain or something, but I really want my pretty 3-tier cake. It's not like we would be cutting anything important to do a pretty cake, but he wants to do extra late night snacks or some other add-on like that. I think he's going to win this one, too, because his family is on his side and I CANNOT stand up to them. I crumple like wet spaghetti.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>GET YOU YOUR GODDAMN CAKE.  YOU GET THAT CAKE. HAVE THE PRETTIEST FUCKING CAKE THAT THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.</div><div>
    </div><div>did that help? (I mean it to help)</div>
  • Options
    I miss red vines.  SO MUCH.  I've consumed soda out of licorice straws as recently as 3 months ago.

Forrest Gump is on.  Blech.  I HATE THAT MOVIE.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    I might be coming in Father's Day weekend, but I don't know for sure yet.  In the meantime, here's a pic of my sister & I circa 1983.

ETA: Taking out the picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards