Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else staying in tonight?

1131415161719»

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:5b79a27a-c43e-4383-b87e-2abbdac79e5c">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you have seen the error of your ways. I'm probably being really weird right now. Sorry. Ha.
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

<div>Not any weirder than me.</div><div>
    </div><div>But for reals, I'm going to bed so that the children have a pretty, kind, not-hungover Cindrella and not a scary assshole Cinderella.  </div>
  • Options
    My wisdom tooth is hurting me. I hope it goes away since I can't afford to have then taken out right now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Night Muni! 

Angel, I have no desire to get my wisdom teeth out. I was told last year that I should go ahead and have them taken out. Yup, haven't been back to the dentist since. 
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Goodnight Muni. I hope you aren't hung over. Angel, I feel your pain. I'm having so much dental work. I need.to.go in for a root canal but I'm trying to wait a while until I can afford it.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?:[QUOTE]Night Muni!nbsp;Angel, I have no desire to get my wisdom teeth out. I was told last year that I should go ahead and have them taken out. Yup, haven't been back to the dentist since.nbsp; Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

I've been told that a few times. As soon as I'm insured again, I'm just going to do it. The older you are, the worse it's supposed to be.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    See, extra punctuation. I need to cave in and start using the mobile site.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    A friend of mine as dental insurance but refuses to have her wisdom teeth removed. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky people who don't have wisdom teeth.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I use to be scared to be home at night. I turn on most of the lights and keep the tv on. The neighbors probably think I'm crazy.
  • Options
    I can't sleep except for in dark, quiet conditions, so that's a no go for me :)

I have the hiccups really bad and they're starting to piss me off.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I'm the opposite. I usually like the tv on at least. I can sleep without it but I prefer it on if I'm alone. I use to have a bad sleep phobia though. Sleep scares me sometimes. The hiccups suck. I always end up holding breath until I can't stand it just to hiccup again.
  • Options
    They FINALLY went away, thank goodness.

Sleep is my favorite thing ever in the whole world. Do you know why you were afraid of it, or just one of those things?
  • Options
    I'm still here, though probably going to bed soon. Brownies sound amazing right now, I wish we had mix. Although 2 am would be a strange time to bake.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Brownies sound amazing right now. My Twinkies will have to do. Angel, I've never seen a doctor for it but I'm pretty sure I know why. Almost all of my immediate family members (besides my sister) passed away. Most suddenly in their sleep. I was somewhat young, a teenager, so I associate sleep with death. That's probably really weird and makes no sense. It's something I've struggled with for a long time. I'm better now though. I still get bothered by sleeping but not as much. I use to only be able to fall asleep if someone else was awake. Now I'm cool with just sleeping.
  • Options
    That sounds terrible, I can definitely understand your fear in that situation. Especially since it took place at an impressionable time.
  • Options
    I'm pretty much falling asleep right now, so I'm going to bed to bed. Night!
  • Options
    Night Muni and Angel. Bree, I'd love some brownies. I'm on PDT so earlyish here. What kind of brownies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?:Brownies sound amazing right now. My Twinkies will have to do. Angel, I've never seen a doctor for it but I'm pretty sure I know why. Almost all of my immediate family members (besides my sister) passed away. Most suddenly in their sleep. I was somewhat young, a teenager, so I associate sleep with death. That's probably really weird and makes no sense. It's something I've struggled with for a long time. I'm better now though. I still get bothered by sleeping but not as much. I use to only be able to fall asleep if someone else was awake. Now I'm cool with just sleeping.Posted by eoreaLogistically, how did this work out? I'm just curious. I'm really sorry that you had so much loss so early in your life. As for the brownies, we didn't have a mix so I made them from scratch. Same for the frosting. Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

When I was still younger, I was home schooled for a while because I went through a break down. I slept a lot during the day and stayed up most of the night. When I started to going back to school I slept okay. Not a lot though because of my situation.

Having my daughter helped because when she was a baby I didn't sleep much at all and I was usually so tired I passed out without noticing. After that my ex-H would stay up until I fell asleep. He didn't have to stay up all night. I just felt comforted falling asleep knowing he was awake.

I'm typing up a novel but pretty much I couldn't sleep unless someone was awake to "watch me" unless I was tired enough not to notice. I'm so greatful for my H now because he really helped me get past it. I sleep much easier now. I still like falling asleep knowing someone is awake but I don't need it anymore.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I also just realized I'm really embarrassed telling that story. I apologize in advance if I seem weird. It's a weird thing to be scared of I guess.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Thanks, Bree. That actually made me feel better. I guess it just isn't something I usually talk about it in detail so after I blurted it out I felt weird. I normally just keep it to myself or don't go into detail about it.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I totally get that. Maybe I'm vain but part of my reasons for not wanting a second child is because of my body. I'm so grateful for my daughter and I love her more than life but I can honestly say I don't want to go through that again. I was young when I had her so I was able to lose all the weight but it really destroyed the way I look. It was worth it for her but it isn't something I'd want to do again. Sometimes I get baby fever but the thought of that makes me change me mind. I could change my mind again but it's been almost 8 years and I still don't like the idea of it. I'm not really afraid either. I'm just happy now and comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards