Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else staying in tonight?

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• Options
    MUN1, you did the closest thing I've ever had to a flame. Under my old SN (myfirstname#s) I posted in a thread where the bride was asking where to seat the SO of one of her BP, and I gave her 3 examples, one of which being where to seat her if she was having her BP at a head table with no SOs. You quoted that part and just said, "I think head tables are incredibly rude" or something like that. It was the only time I'd ever been called out like that, and I shot back something like, "NO WAIT I DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER BUT PEOPLE DO THEM THOUGH!! I SWEAR I DON'T LIKE THEM!!"

I can only imagine what would happen if I actually got flamed for real, and for something serious or personal.
  • Options
    Yeah, it was a light flame, and on any other day, I would have said whatever but on that particular day, it seemed worth sobbing about.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Snail, it happens if people are too much all in your face too quick.  Like if you've never seen a SN name before and they are super chatty in every thread.  It usually only bothers me when people show up with 5 posts and talk like they've been around forever and know everything about everyone.  Not so much bothers me, just is creepy in a way, like you never know who is lurking.  That's why I took all identifying pics out, and my wedding bio.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nobody likes my FI either, Beachy. Guess I did a little too much venting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:7a08c8d3-cdaa-4813-95a1-0c3aaf762107">Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watch Saved by the Bell from 10 am to 2 pm every Friday at work. Then Boy Meets World until 4. It's pretty awesome.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    I've been going into work at 7:30 AM for the best two weeks, and Boy Meets World is on while I eat breakfast. It makes being alive at 6:30 AM so, so, so much better. Today FI was sitting on the couch with me and I was a crab until he turned it on, then I shut up like a baby with a pacifier.
  • Options
    LOL, Snail.  I'm kind of a biiitch when it comes to WR etiquette, so I'm not surprised at all that I said that even if I don't remember it even a little bit.  In the chat threads, I love everyone, but in WR stuff, everyone is a rude cow if they aren't following perfect etiquette. I was determined to be the best ever etiquette following bride.  I had all of my thank you's out in five days.
  • Options
    Angel- I didn't see your vents, so I'm in no position to say anything, BUT I will say that even if you vented about all kinds of craziness, you're the one in your relationship and you're the only one in a position to say if it's right to stay. When you vent, people only get that part of the story and can only base their feelings about your FI off of that.

MUN1- 5 DAYS? Holy mackerel. Your hand must have been very, very sore.
  • Options
    I don't remember you complaining about your FI a lot Angel, but I also wasn't around for a while.  
    I think a lot of people go in stages on TK.  Or at least I did.  At first nothing bothered me, then everything did, then only certain things did, then I was bored as hell here, and now I am just here when I'm around and can't really even muster up enough energy to care about most things anymore that I used to hate.  So basically I'm just here anymore to be the sarcastic beyotch.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Okay. I remember now because that troll was ridiculous. We have drunk knotting in common now.
  • Options
    Nah, we only had 60 guests.  And some of them didn't give gifts, and a fair amount were couples or families, so it was only about 25 tys.  And H did a few!
  • Options
    Drunk knotting is the best kind of knotting.  Sober knotting involves lots of thinking about whether your post has a point or not.  drunk knotting = hitting add post regardless!
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I like it here... It's nice to have people to talk to when my friends aren't really around and my FI is busy. Plus, it's easy to just be me. ETA, plus I get no adult interaction at work either.
  • Options
    When the nightly threads first started almost 2 years ago, it was me, KJB, Andy, Loopy, Mica, Birdie and Jill usually (maybe more, maybe not all of them, can't really remember).  But it started by us talking about drinking one night, and it turned out we were all pretty big lushes who are all bored at night and it became a nightly thing.  There was one pretty big FFF forever ago where we got flamed for our night threads and our drinking.  Things have definitely changed around here!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    So true. Only I usually knot from my phone so I always end repeating the same words and using extra punctuation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:1ddcc5e3-fda3-4d73-bdbc-95a439c51ee4">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When the nightly threads first started almost 2 years ago, it was me, KJB, Andy, Loopy, Mica, Birdie and Jill usually (maybe more, maybe not all of them, can't really remember).  But it started by us talking about drinking one night, and it turned out we were all pretty big lushes who are all bored at night and it became a nightly thing.  There was one pretty big FFF forever ago where we got flamed for our night threads and our drinking.  Things have definitely changed around here!
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>Huh.  And nowadays KUI is practically a respected institution.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd be nuts on nights when I didn't have rehearsal since H is in law school. </div>
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I would have been flamed every week back then. Whenever I'm here on Friday there is a glass of wine right next to me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:1ddcc5e3-fda3-4d73-bdbc-95a439c51ee4">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When the nightly threads first started almost 2 years ago, it was me, KJB, Andy, Loopy, Mica, Birdie and Jill usually (maybe more, maybe not all of them, can't really remember).  But it started by us talking about drinking one night, and it turned out we were all pretty big lushes who are all bored at night and it became a nightly thing.  There was one pretty big FFF forever ago where w<strong>e got flamed for our night threads and our drinking.</strong>  Things have definitely changed around here!
    How dare you drink and chat? Hooligans.<div>
    </div><div>Sorry, it's just funny for me because I haven't known this board any other way than with morning and night threads, and someone in the night thread (at least when I post in it) always having wine.</div>
  • Options
    Yeah, having a FI/H in law school does give you a lot of time to yourself!
  • Options
    I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back when the E board was "hard"  

I like the "soft" board, personally.  It might not be the most exciting, but I like just chatting with my "internet friends"
  • Options
    [QUOTE]When the nightly threads first started almost 2 years ago, it was me, KJB, Andy, Loopy, Mica, Birdie and Jill usually (maybe more, maybe not all of them, can't really remember).  But it started by us talking about drinking one night, and it turned out we were all pretty big lushes who are all bored at night and it became a nightly thing.  There was one pretty big FFF forever ago where we got flamed for our night threads and our drinking.  Things have definitely changed around here!

<div>I liked those days.. Wino's forever :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?:[QUOTE]I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back when the E board was "hard" nbsp;I like the "soft" board, personally. nbsp;It might not be the most exciting, but I like just chatting with my "internet friends" Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Same here. They would have eaten me alive.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    My H works nights and my daughter is gone every weekend. I need some wine and random chit chat.
  • Options
    Yeah KJB Andy and I developed our great love for eachother since my H decides that he is never coming, Andy's is in med school and KJB"s works nights.  We entertained eachother on the regular.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I agree. Muni. I like it now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:43981761-bad4-4754-ac45-3efbee457207">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back when the E board was "hard"   I like the "soft" board, personally.  It might not be the most exciting, but I like just chatting with my "internet friends"
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    I miss FFF...but only when there was actually good things to flame. <div>
    </div><div>But...it kind of doesn't matter anymore since I'm not around a computer enough during the day to even lurk. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:844c9d00-f8bd-456b-9745-6acad3267835">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : I liked those days.. Wino's forever :)
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I did too!  I disappeared for a while and came back and didn't recognize half the people in the night threads and was pretty sad.  I still get so excited when we're all around, like the other night.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The board changed a lot after the massive FB adds that went on, and a ton of G2G.  Once a lot of people met IRL it was different and people were a lot nicer.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:b30c387f-d5b1-44fd-a890-f1b8e0cef4eb">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah KJB Andy and I developed our great love for eachother since <strong>my H decides that he is never coming,</strong> Andy's is in med school and KJB"s works nights.  We entertained eachother on the regular.
    You lucky, lucky biiitch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:f72cfb22-ff29-4933-a474-c42fbfadb096">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : You lucky, lucky biiitch.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>I would trade it in a heart beat.</div><div>
    </div><div>And that was supposed to say never coming home.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:a29f13b6-b476-475d-934a-ae2400227253">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : I miss FFF...but only when there was actually good things to flame.  But...it kind of doesn't matter anymore since I'm not around a computer enough during the day to even lurk. 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I do miss FFF, too.  The last several FFF have been "I flame this newb for being a jerkface"  "Yeah, me too" and then it turns into chit chat.  Buuut, on the upside, I've never been flamed hardcore and, not gonna lie, that's a definite bonus of the lack of good flames.  If that even makes sense.  I don't know if it did, I drank an entire bottle of wine tonight.</div>
  • Options
    It's funny to me that the evening thread people are totally different from the morning thread people. I don't usually make it to the morning thread, so I don't know a lot of those people as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards