Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

Ready for another week?  Anything exciting?

It's still raining hard here.  I think my pool is now filled to the brim.  I am so over the rain.  It's fine for a lazy weekend, but it's a pain when I have work.

Re: Good morning!

• Are you high and dry over there? Sleep okay with all the tornado alerts?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• No tornados, thank goodness, and the rain stopped so I could walk the dog.  But the streets are a mess, and the skies are so dark, I know that more rain is coming.

I wonder if any patients will show up.  I wouldn't want to drive in that mess.
  • Good Morning.  I have a case of the Mondays!  Only one week of work though and then I'm off for 2 weeks!  WOOT. 
  • Mrs. B, we need an updated picture of BB.
  • We could surely use that rain up here!  We need it so bad, all the lawns are turning brown and it's going to be like 100 by this weekend. 
  • Morning!

Today I have to tell our wedding planner we dont want to work with her anymore, but I'm putting it in a nicer manner.

Friday is FI's birthday, Saturday is my birthday - this weekend is also FI's family reunion & monday is a public holiday so I'm excited for the weekend!

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can have at least 1000 gallons from my pool, Stacks.  It's full to the brim, I just tried pumping it out, but that just flooded the ground more (we got about 5 inches of rain in the last 30 hours).
  • Morning.  Not too crazy a day in store (hopefully!).  And I think? someone bought cream for the office so we're back to having coffee in the office in the morning.  Thank God.

I feel like I can't get enough sleep these days, even when I do.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Geez, that's a lot of water!  Joce and I were playing frisbee last night and she had on flip flops.  The grass was so hard she kept getting it stuck in her feet like it was needles. 
  • edited June 2012
    Morning! I so did not want to get up this morning.

We had my BFF and her boyfriend over last night for tacos and to watch True Blood but only watched the first two episodes of the season, so we're one behind. We'll pick it up later though. I have a love/hate relationship with how they end every single episode.

At church yesterday one of the older ladies asked me "So, have you had dinner on the table at 5 every night for that man?". No. No I have not. We do things together for the most part.

Dil - Happy early birthday! That sounds like a very exciting weekend.
  • I feel the same way, Bay.  I think you need a vacation.  I know I do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b801fdf-a99d-4715-9451-3ecb665f1bf1Post:738ef8f1-4cea-4088-8a60-e81eb7a2fc89">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mrs. B, we need an updated picture of BB.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

THey're all on my mom's camera. I have a few on my phone but they didn't turn out - she moves too darn fast.  Let me see if I can get one of her in a few minutes.  She's up and in a very playful mood. ;-)

• Yeah, I'm all about sending the rain to CO to help with the fires.  We're good for awhile.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b801fdf-a99d-4715-9451-3ecb665f1bf1Post:7a6f66a0-6946-4e6e-abf2-e054f0cee61b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I so did not want to get up this morning. We had my BFF and her boyfriend over last night for tacos and to watch True Blood but only watched the first two episodes of the season, so we're one behind. We'll pick it up later though. I have a love/hate relationship with how they end every single episode. At church yesterday one of the older ladies asked me "So, have you had dinner on the table at 5 every night for that man?". No. No I have not. We do things together for the most part. Dil - Happy early birthday! That sounds like a very exciting weekend.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I gave up on True Blood.  I watched the first season and then I lost interest.  LOL at the lady at church.

• Midge -- I get that kind of stuff from my ILs.  Their only daughter is a PhD in neuroscience, and they still can't wrap their brains around the idea that anyone but the woman can do all housework.

Lucky for you, your H doesn't buy into that crap.  Yay for him helping with dinner!  (Please send him to Tampa to train H and his brothers.)
  • Thanks Midge!

FI used to watch True Blood, his friends made fun of him for it. He hasnt watched any of this season yet though. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • picture time success!  BRB

• Yay for picture of BB!! I'm waiting with anticipation!

I never watched TB until I started dating H. I love it. My BFF has actually read all of the books they're based off of and says they're very different but she loves both. Now I have more books to add to my never ending to-read list.

Mica, as long as I can come down too. ;)
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    True Blood books are very quick reads.  There's like 10 of them but you can read one in a day if you wanted. I have them on my kindle if anyone wants to borrow one.
  • A vacation sounds nice, Mica :)

Yay for new BB pictures!

• Morning everyone!

I want to be productive today...but I have no motivation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b801fdf-a99d-4715-9451-3ecb665f1bf1Post:ecc3c5b9-62c6-41ba-be21-3c2f7661229b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone! <strong>I want to be productive today...but I have no motivation.</strong>
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]
    This is my problem most days.

• Well, I uploaded it.  Let's see if TK is feeling cooperative this morning.

• Good morning!  I can't believe it's Monday already.  How did this happen? I am so, so tired this morning.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awww!  She's adorable!  And so big already!

• Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I have no motivation as well. We have so much that needs to get done but we just keep putting it off.

Last Friday I was ranting about my university that was charging me for a full semester for 2011 when I had taken the year off. I spoke to the school again on Friday - apparently I PASSED one of the courses I had never attended, never wrote a paper for or never wrote or an exam. I have NO idea how that happened. The school was like "obviously since you passed the course you must have gone to school" They were being so useless and refused to help - I told them, no I havent been near the campus in over a year - I have been working full time & can provide you proof that I had not attended a single class last year, and on top of that why would I fail/not attend 4 classes and only go to 1. Doesnt make sense, so they are looking into it again.
    It all started when i called and asked why they hadnt gotten back to me yet, and they suggested I just file an academic/financial petition which can take 8 weeks (school semester starts in less time) OR "just pay the fines" & I flipped. I am not going to allow it to take that long & I am not going to just PAY IT, so ignorant. And then finally transfered me to the head & she told me why.
    But seriously, how did I pass a course?

WHY is this university so stupid. Sorry for the long rant lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't see BB.  BOO.
  • I cant see it either =(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I see it now actually, but it's REALLY small. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love BB's outfit.  She is so precious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards