Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hello? Anyone else here?

Re: Hello? Anyone else here?

• I meal plan a little. I only have to plan about 2 meals a week and always try to make sure I have leftovers. I'm one of those that's okay with eating a turkey sandwich every day for lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • J - that makes sense.. I rarely go OMG I want the tacos that I make sometimes.. But I do get in the mood for take-out chinese :).  Or H's homemade alfredo sauce :).  Usually cravings are for things that do not require  ME to cook.
  • It looks like that all the time! :)
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:f451ea09-8154-42f7-8379-495672dc5859">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? Anyone else here? : This one is actually pretty good - it is a Broccoli, Cauliflower and Swiss Quiche. And it doesn't have a crust so it reheats well. 
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah... without a crust I can see it.</div>
  • What the hell are you talking about, j. Kidding!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:a5d650c0-9ecd-4a40-955b-4d902c96be7d">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks like that all the time! :)
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    It did NOT look like before I went to the salon.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like the hairs Andy... How're you doing?

I don't mind leftovers for lunch.. and I love turkey sandwiches with leftover turkey breast but I'm not a huge fan of turkey lunchmeat... not sure why.
  • Hi! I just got back from a super fun, kind of expensive trip to the emergency vet. Oxford sprained his neck this morning fighting with Maci. Awesome. Not exactly the day I had planned, but so glad that it's not anything more serious. There were some seriously sick puppies in the waiting room. Cry
  • Look how cute Andy is!!!

Fishy, don't worry, it's just me talking in crazy again.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Ketchup and beer usually. Pizza box, maybe?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yeah, I have those days too.  And I have the days when I have stuff half prepped and ready to go so dinner will be easy and have the day from H-E-L-L and pick up Chipotle on the way home or something :).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:d7a1c0b5-001e-4c69-ab14-dec388dd1b36">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, you're making perfect sense. That's not how I am though- I'll often get home, and have ground beef thawed to make tacos, and decide I don't feel like tacos, I feel like chicken noodle soup, or something like that. We eat out very infrequently (maybe twice a month... probably closer to once a month), so I usually am craving something else I could make. Loopy, I also remember Fish's refrigerator. I think it had, ketchup and... take out container maybe? Our fridge occassionally looks like that, but it's usually just before a vacation. Your cooking skills make me chuckle Fish. At least you own it :)
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

That does happen to me every once in awhile, but normally  just suck it up and make whatever I had planned on making that day anyway, and plan to make the other thing the next day.  Then by the next day, I'm usually not in the mood for the other thing anymore, but oh well :-p

At one point I realized I was consistently putting some things into our meal plans over and over that I was really never in the mood for, so I just stopped making them for awhile.  I think I had been making them too much, and forcing myself to make them too often when I didn't really want them, so I conditioned myself to be all "blech" about them.

• Thanks Loopy - I'm good.  Needing to do some Sunday night work but really really not wanting to.  Trying not to pout about being CD 39 with no sign of O.

How are you?!?!?!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And?  Something that impacts things a lot?  I've not had to come home from work and make dinner after a long day for several years.  It's cooking before leaving for work at 2pm and on days off...so I rarely felt like "ughhhh long day, do not want to cook."

That probably makes a HUGE difference!

• Andy - trying to decide if temp drop is cause we had the heat turned up Thursday and Friday night so paint would dry and turned it back down yesterday after we finished, or if AF is on her way.. blergh... you know you always O way late, but you've always gotten there, right?
  • J - When I was working 2nd shift I NEVER wanted to cook.  I don't like cooking for me.  H is not great about eating leftovers.. and it just seemed unnatural to cook dinner at noon so it was done and cleaned up before I left for work at 2.
  • Huh. Just finished reading fff. That was interesting.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:923187fc-7c41-4211-b76d-1d4120bfc5cd">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Huh. Just finished reading fff. That was interesting.

What does THAT mean?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:ae7a8e1e-3cb6-424b-a54a-59ca0961d1df">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, jerks. I will not cut wood for you, Rosie.

<div>friends off.</div>
  • You mean ciara's GBCK?

vury vury innnnteresting. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:89df8587-ddc1-4b05-90c2-b2866a361fd2">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You mean ciara's GBCK? vury vury innnnteresting. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

I miss all the good stuff. Darn internship!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:89df8587-ddc1-4b05-90c2-b2866a361fd2">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You mean ciara's GBCK? vury vury innnnteresting. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>Darn it.. I made it to page 3 on Friday.. .I guess I'll have to go back and read the rest.</div>
  • Did Ciara say she was leaving or she just stopped posting? I have only seen 1 GBCK that I'm aware of in my short time here and that person just stopped posting. How does it normally go?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh... random... So last weekend we went to WI for my grandpa's 90th b-day and I know I wrote on here about how I was collecting memories for him and stuff aiming for 90 memories for 90 years.  I put them all in envelopes and we had him read a few at the party but we ended up with 75 memories and that would have taken a long time to read so he read them himself this week... well, he sent me flowers as a thank you.  I got home from a comedy of errors with my ob/gyn and there were flowers waiting for me.  So sweet.
  • Petal - a GBCK is when someone makes a statement somewhere that they are leaving and then they ... you know... leave.
  • Loopy, that is super sweet! Awesome grandparents are the best.
  • There's real live plants in that arrangement... I don'tk now how long I can keep them alive..
  • Oh yikes. I don't do well with plants. Our rosemary bush/Christmas tree barely made it to New Years.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-anyone-else-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:48ab8bc7-4c59-4a0f-afb6-06111d58f0cfPost:da8ff014-e834-43f1-a6eb-fe5a1b492a4c">Re: Hello? Anyone else here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal - a GBCK is when someone makes a statement somewhere that they are leaving and then they ... you know... leave.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I know what it is. I guess I just don't remember reading Ciara saying she was leaving. I was reading FFF on and off at work so I might have missed it.

Who does everyone want to see play each other in the Super Bowl? My team never had a chance and FI's team has been out since early in play-offs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Packers blew it last week so I don't care who goes to the SB now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards