Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FRIDAY!

What a long week!  My goodness.  So glad it's the weekend.  Mid 70's and some sun today.  Hooray!  Of course it's only lasting until Sunday before we get more rain, but I'll take what I can get.

How is everyone?  Any plans for the weekend? 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    OMG this week has been hellacious. I still have to get through today - but THANK GOD it's Friday! We're supposed to have good weather here too.

No big weekend plans. Might check out some garage sales, and we're supposed to go over to my parents' house to pick up some stuff we've been storing in their basement. My parents have been on a cleaning rampage and they want it all gone. LOL!
  • Options
    Nothing new here, still just picking out puppy names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amrs - do you have any front runners for names yet?

AK - my mom went through one of those cleaning spells, it was really annoying b/c she was just throwing so much stuff at me.  I still haven't went through it all to see what I want to keep, they're just sitting in bins in my basement. 
  • Options
    My plans for the weekend are mainly searching for my mouthguard. It went missing sometime yesterday and the damn thing is clear so it's super hard to find. Stupid thing could be anywhere.

But mainly, I just can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.
  • Options
    Stacks- I know what you mean. She called me yesterday and was sorting through a box full of stuffed animals I had when I was a kid, and wanted to know what to do with them. Haha.

OK time to get ready for work. BLAH. I would say I'll check in when I get there but I don't know if that will happen or not. Hehe. Have a good day, everyone!
  • Options
    So happy that it's Friday, and that I can (hopefully) sleep in tomorrow.  I'm bummed that H picked up two shifts at work over the weekend, so it's just going to be me again this weekend, and next. 

If this stupid cold would finally go away, I'd be really happy!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    OMG  ---- It's Eff'n raining.  AGAIN..  8th day in a row.... WTF?  We needed the rain.  Our cisterns were all getting pretty low.   Now they are all over flowing.  It's either feast or famine.  

I'm suppose to cover a another crew members shift today.  Kind of regret it now.  More than likely the trip will not even go, but I do not want to wait until 3pm to find out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2011
    amrs - did you see my Maltese Falcon pictures on FB?

eta - never mind.  I see you did 5 hours ago.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We're going to the book fair tomorrow to try to find some good deals for some Baby Bee books.  I'm excited!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I feel soooo good this morning. I woke up and ran 2.5 miles before heading in to work. 3 months ago I was the girl who "didn't run". My trainer has converted me and I'm actually starting to enjoy it.

Please god don't make me into a running freak. No half marathons or marathons for me TYVM.
  • Options
    Stacks, the front runners are Delta and Hera. We are also entertaining Xena and Bayou.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh I love Bayou. Maybe because someone suggested Baloo yesterday and it's been stuck in my head since then.
  • Options
    mk that's awesome!  I totally know what you mean.  I have despised running my entire life.  Even when I was full blown athlete, running was always something I dreaded.  Now when I go to the gym I just hope right up on the treadmill and get my run out of the way.  I'm still building endurance, but I don't dread it like I once did.  It makes the whole gym thing that much easier to keep up with. 

• Options
    Good morning!  I think I'm still full from dinner at the hibachi grill last night.  I have a huge thing of leftovers for lunch, so I'm pretty excited about that.  I was trying to have a "nothing" weekend, because we've got a lot coming up the next couple weeks, but "nothing" has turned into working, installing a new gate, and homework.  I'm determined to at least sleep in, though.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    It's Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday!
    (Sorry every week I have this dumb song stuck in my head on Fridays.)

I set sail tomorrow and won't be back for 7 days. WOOT
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Fezz sucks big donkey balls.

Oops, I mean have fun.
  • Options
    I thought you were going to get in my suitcase?

• Options
    MK, you are AWESOME.

Adamar -- I'm jealous, I love hibachi!

Fezz -- Have a fantastic time and bring back pictures!

• Options
    Fezz, are you all packed and ready to go?  (Besides packing stacks)
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I tried to quote amrs and it took me to Rochester weddings and said I had to login first. So...hopefully this works.

I still love Delta. I can't explain why, it just sounds awesome to me. But Bayou also sounds pretty. Either one will be a great name.
  • Options
    Morning!

I think I pulled a muscle in my right butt check last night at Zumba...so that's awkward.

MK, was it really hard for you to start running? I really want to give it a try and I know you have to build up endurance but sometimes I feel like my body was not made to run.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Adamar-  Yep I'm pretty much packed except for bathroom items that I'll throw in tomorrow morning.  And Stackalac of course. ;)  My husband on the other hand, is going to pack tonight.  Slacker.

• Options
    Hahaha, Mr. Fezz sounds like Mr. Bay.  Waiting until the last minute to pack.

I like Bayou!

• Options
    Mornin'!

Today is a half day of sorts for me. I work this morning and get to have fun at an administrative professional conference this afternoon. It's basically listening to a really funny speaker, eating snacks and prize give aways. I have yet to win anything the last 3 years, so maybe this is my time. 

Tomorrow we are moving and I'm so excited to have it over and done with. We pick up the truck tonight so hopefully we can get everything loaded this evening. BIL is coming to help us, which is a huge relief, because our dresser is so heavy. 

Fezz, wanna switch? I'll cruise, you can move my stuff. Yes? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    E-pics tomorrow! I'm going to go get  a spray tan and my nails done tonight.
  • Options
    Hope you win something at your conference, Waltzy!  Are the prizes usually anything special?

I would love to switch with you.. actually, I hate moving. Bleh.  But yay for moving!  Hope it goes smoothly. :)

• Options
    Good morning! Day 2 of exams for seniors, so I only really teach 2 classes today, yippee! I turned in my last paper for class last night, so all I have left ot do is burn all of my work onto a cd and turn it in next week.

Weekend plans? Tomorrow I am getting a long-overdue haircut and highlights and making whoopie pies (pumpkin with ginger-cream cheese filling, and chocolate with salted caramel filling).

aMrs, how did I miss that you were getting a puppy? Enjoy the little rascal.
  • Options
    Morning!  Yay for long weekends!

We officially have a place to live!  Woot Woot!  Although we're not sure when it's going to be ready.  It's supposed to be ready for when we get back from our HM, but we'll see. 

Good freakin' news!!!!!  Fl sold his truck.  We are now back down to 2 cars.  Perfect timing too because we go pick up the crv at the FIL's tonight.  Nothing like being down to the wire. 

I also dragged Fl into the tux shop, in his painting clothes.  hahaha.  But the tuxes are ordered, thank goodness! 

This weekend we are spending with the FILs.  Oh man, whenever I sleep there I don't sleep.  So I'm not particularly looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    The prizes are usually gift cards to local restaurants and stores. Some of them are actually pretty awesome and I really want to win them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OH  MY GOD THE LONG WEEKEND IS FINALLY HERE. That's all I've got. What a week. Thank god it's Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards