Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Afternoon thread?

Where is everyone?  You all typically help my afternoon go by quickly.

I just found out my co-worker is going to look for engagement rings for his girlfriend sometime this week.  He's using our wholesaler and I'm super excited for him!

Does anyone have fun stories from the weekend?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Afternoon thread?

• Options
    Hi. Nice to meet you.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Hi Fish! I normally post sporadically and usually lurk.

Can I share your margarita?  It looks delicious
  • Options
    I'm bored.

I should be doing wedding DIY crap.  But I'm sick of that ish already.  I figure I'm about a month away from just paying for stuff outright.  but I'm cheap.  my life is hard.
  • Options
    MyUserName- I decided to DIY my invitations.  That was a stupid idea.  I'm halfway done but everytime I sit down to do them I curse at myself for taking it on.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:ad8f45c7-0edc-4e8b-9c97-eba48245b3c6">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Fish! I normally post sporadically and usually lurk. Can I share your margarita?  It looks delicious
    Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

<div>Were you watching Clueless this weekend?  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:e1e67332-6477-4b68-86ca-82905c5bc51f">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon thread? : Were you watching Clueless this weekend?  
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    That Miss Geist looks like a troll til the girls get hold of her. I noticed that the last time I watched it. <div>
    </div><div>But It always reaffirms my major crush on Paul Rudd, so there's that.</div>
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Now I want Mentos.  Oh Brittany Murphy RIP.  
  • Options
    Ugh, July- we are too.  Luckily FI is mostly doing them.  I at least managed to finish my toss bouquet last night without killing myself.  Today we're tackling favors.  eventually

Rachers- I'm actually very crafty, but there is something about crafting off of a to-do list with a deadline that makes me homocidal.  Our venue is essentially all-inclusive, so I didn't have to do any additional calling vendors after we chose that one.  Best decision ever.
  • Options
    Oh man, Clueless, I haven't seen that whole movie in ages.  Was it on ABC family?  I feel like they always play it on that channel.  

I didn't see it though (obviously)
  • Options
    We watched Crazy Stupid Love this weekend, and I LOVED it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Also, oh Paul Rudd.

I love josh!  (imagine the fountain lighting up behind me, kay?)
  • Options
    Hey All -

We're quite slow at work today.  People thing we're closed I'm sure...which we should be!

I've been reclassifying my recipe board on Pinterest, it's very cathartic, though it does make me hungry.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    dumdum- I forgot today was MLK day until I went to go get a sandwich from the cafe that is attached to the banking building next door to our office.  All of the lights were out and the doors locked.

I had to settle for my lean cuisine for lunch instead :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:23a499ae-c0eb-4734-a4e1-71acd7cf81e4">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paul Rudd reminds me of my older step-brother. So. That ruins that. Has anyone watched Beyond Scared Straight? We caught a few episodes yesterday. I was kind of blown away that they would let all these murderers and rapists be around these kids. Or are they actors?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Rach, I'd imagine that the inmates they let near these kids are in specific programs just for this purpose.  So they're trained on how to talk, handle, interact with these kids.  Just like programs of reform where they train dogs in prison.  </div>
  • Options
    Hi there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:89740202-1d53-4fe0-923b-06c2081dc076">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look, MUNI - you're just a HOAR who can't drive, okay!?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

<div>FTFY!</div>
  • Options
    ANDY! Did you see I wasn't calling YOU Thundercunt? I felt bad about that, I was totally calling LouisvilleBitch that.
  • Options
    Kohls is completely hit or miss, Beanie.

If i have a gift card, there is NOTHING.  When I don't, they have ALL THE THINGS and they are all in my size.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:246c9a38-dd92-45b1-8c11-fa6e4be6618d">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ANDY! Did you see I wasn't calling YOU Thundercunt? I felt bad about that, I was totally calling LouisvilleBitch that.

I know you weren't silly girl.  Besides we all know that my name is Buffet-Girl.
  • Options

I have given into being productive and have cleaned the kitchen and am now working on the bathroom.

Anyone have any recommendations on what they use to help there house smell nice and fresh? We just added a kitten so now we are at 2 cats in the house. I want to make sure I keep it clean and not smelling like the animals.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:6067ac2d-4a7b-432d-bad0-2c6a474e2529">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon thread? : Rach, I'd imagine that the inmates they let near these kids are in specific programs just for this purpose.  So they're trained on how to talk, handle, interact with these kids.  Just like programs of reform where they train dogs in prison.  
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure that's what it is.  I remember in high school, one of our school clubs (Students against destructive decision) had inmates come in and talk about how you should make good decisions with your life.  I'm sure it is some program similar to that
  • Options
    Ok good, I got all paranoid. Speaking of buffets, Brian wanted to go to KFC yesterday to get some chicken and I saw some very large people eating from the buffet and I thought of you. We did NOT get the buffet, just FYI.
  • Options
    When I had a cat and a tiny apartment, I used the litter that had baking soda in it, and it worked pretty fantastically.  Other than that, I just vacuumed and dusted a lot.
  • Options
    PP - they now have Febreze furnace filters.  I don't know what sort of reviews they have though.  I'd imagine just keeping a clean house and clean litter boxes would do the trick though.  IDK, I don't have pets.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:3ff21a06-0d26-4c30-bab8-40f338b15bec">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok good, I got all paranoid. Speaking of buffets, Brian wanted to go to KFC yesterday to get some chicken and I saw some very large people eating from the buffet and I thought of you. We did NOT get the buffet, just FYI.

Ha!
  • Options
    FINALLY. New pic and ticker. My ticker was hatting me. Hatter's gon' hat.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    LDY- I didn't know KFC had buffets.  I don't think I've ever seen one. 

Do you like pay one price and eat from the buffet, or do you pick from the buffet and then pay for what you pick individually?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards