Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Afternoon thread?

Re: Afternoon thread?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:de7c4b9d-1c29-47ae-b2d5-08fb59f6aab6">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just remembered my H is at his doctors appointment.  Fingers crossed for healthy lungs.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    Wait, did I miss something? Is he okay?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:35c09908-a2c3-42a4-af36-2a7ce2798271">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ldy it's a half im - a triathlon that includes a half marathon in August in Michigan.  I didn't sign up yet because I'm currently in an argument with H about whether that is the dumbest idea ever. :)
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    DO IT.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:ea59459d-ea39-4c49-84db-3d48ed86cefb">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon thread? : So... I didn't read any responses, but you can use the plug in's from Bath and Body Works (I like them better than the Glade) or you can get the oil burners. Those are totally my favorite.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

My bro and SIL use those motion sensor air fresheners and put it infront of the litter box so it goes off every time their kitty goes to use the potty :)
  • Options
    He's had surgery on both lungs, and lately he's been bitching about chest pains so I made him make an appointment. 

That's awesome, Andy!  The thought of a half IM scares me a bit.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Oh, Ciara, little Edmund looks so cold!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I've never seen Clueless. A friend of FI's even gave me her VHS tape copy to keep last year and I still haven't watched it. Ooops.

I love KFC. Specifically the bowl with everything in it. The closest buffet is like 1.5 hours away but that was amazing. The one in my town needs it. LIke now.

Hope the test goes well Adamar!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:517ea291-74cb-4019-9af1-abafba4c4809">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't eaten at KFC in probably 10 years.<strong> I never liked anything there other than the mashed potatoes and gravy.</strong>
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>Same, though sometimes if I need a side for dinner I'll go there and just order their potatoes and gravy nothing else.  It's a small treat for myself basically.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:ff068a30-82f5-4c00-8b05-0d843de012d9">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've never seen Clueless.</strong>A friend of FI's even gave me her VHS tape copy to keep last year and I still haven't watched it. Ooops. I love KFC. Specifically the bowl with everything in it. The closest buffet is like 1.5 hours away but that was amazing. The one in my town needs it. LIke now. Hope the test goes well Adamar!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Whaa??  Fix this now.  It is a classic. 

• Options
    Well, AND cutely adorable, too.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    What was wrong with his lungs that he needed surgery? Poor guy! I hope he checks out okay!
  • Options
    C, I hate to be a wet blanket, but I hope you bundle E up more if you're going to be playing in the snow. Even if you change him as soon as you go in, there doesn't seem to be much protecting his skin from the wet snow.

He is a cutie though.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Snippy. I will definitely check out Bath & Body Works. That's where we have all our hand soap from and I love it.

Birdie that is very clever. I like it. I need to try that.

ETA: Good thoughts for MR. Adamar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:4b9a760e-6a03-40fa-a949-6e8e9e1bb806">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon thread? : Same, though sometimes if I need a side for dinner I'll go there and just order their potatoes and gravy nothing else.  It's a small treat for myself basically.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]
    I do this with Boston Market sweet potatoes.  Those things are delicious but oh so bad for you.<div>
    </div><div>ETA: spelling</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think I'm making it sound worse than it really is.  He has these things on his lungs that pop and they hurt when they pop?  Blebs?  Something like that.  God I'm a bad wife.  I should know more about this.

• Options
    Adamar, vibes for your H!

Birdie, my H plugged our glade scent thing in upside down and it spilled into the ENTIRE kitchen. It was a disaster and our kitchen was so overwhelming and smelly.
  • Options
    DID YOU SAY BIEBS?!!?

Oh, no. BLEBS. GOT IT.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh, Adamar- healthy vibes your husband's way!  I hope he's all right
  • Options
    Sending T&Ps adamar!

Fishy, he kept looking at me like what the hell is this stuff and why is it so cold and wet. He only sat in it for about 1.5 minutes and then I brought him inside and put him in warm clothes.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    I'll bring hot wings to like...bunco get togethers or something. My trainer was all...uh...how about you do the popcorn chicken, Christy.

UM, NO. I WANT THE HOT WINGS.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I will try to fix that Adamar! :)

Talking about running in the summer takes me back to the one summer I was dumb enough to try soccer in the summer. Worst deicision ever.
  • Options
    Birdie, that is super smart of them.

I hope everythings okay Adamar.
  • Options
    LDY, his lungs used to collapse.  They think it's because his torso is long and skinny.  I guess it's pretty common in white males in their twenties?  He had surgery on both of them, and what I got out of it is that they're stapled and glued in place.  I'm not exactly sure what they did.  

Also, you should come here next month and do the race with me.  You know you want to come back to FL!

• Options
    I have scentsy pots, too. I love them.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Bridie, he had 4 layers on plus the fleece sleeper over it all.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:cdb17466-8347-4e71-ba17-8a017e2f227f">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, is it similar to air bubbles?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I don't think so?  I'm really not sure.  The surgeon said they look like little pearls on his lungs, and sometimes they pop.  I think they scraped a bunch of them off during the last surgery. 

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    OK well that's good C. We just love his little bum so much! :)
  • Options
    Andy - have you done any tri's yet? 

My family is a big triathlete family (except me and my mom) and my brother did his first 70.3 (half) this summer up here.  He's doing his first full IM this summer, but he's been doing sprint distances and olympics for about 3 years prior to tackling this.  Although he's competitive and wanted to podium, not just complete, so there's that.  I'd just be happy to drag my ass across a finish line!  lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You guys have seriously never seen a KFC buffet? That's how you know you're on the wrong side of the tracks, if the KFC has a buffet, catfish, and/or gizzards advertised.
  • Options
    I love my scentsy burner.  That's the one advantage to taking the Christmas tree down.  I get my table back for the burner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards