Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Afternoon thread?

123457»

Re: Afternoon thread?

• Options
    http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=511e317c-d97b-49c3-95c4-d5d2257b7594

From the article:
    "According to a press release, Hostess will continue operating its bakeries, outlet stores and distribution centers and doesn't anticipate any disruptions to product manufacturing during the bankruptcy."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't see Hostess actually going anywhere. Maybe being purchased by a bigger company like Kraft, but I don't think twinkies will suddenly disappear.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:c333acb2-e2ae-4441-af6e-fcea300644e5">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How does fried salsa work?  Did they make it into like a patty or something before frying?
    Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

Usually they freeze things first and then fry them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congratulations Uncle Mica!

Also - Eorea, if they do go out of business you can always stockpile Twinkies, it's not like that sugary goodness is every going to go bad.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Brrr it's colder inside the office than it is outside! Our computers keep going down because so many of us are using our heaters.

Wesley just called, he's taking Dakota to the vet in the morning to be spayed, apparently he woke up to about 3 male cats sitting on the back porch I guess they heard her yowling from outside or smelled her.

• Options
    Erin, I agree but I just keep hearing about it. I figured if things got that bad for them, someone would want to buy them.
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Okay, I'm a bit late to this one, but I had deep fried reeses peanut butter cups at the state fair this year (my first time at the fair)

it was ahhhhhhhmazing.

Also, frequently companies go into bankruptcy but continue to operate until they get un bankrupt.  I don't know how it works, but the furniture store i worked for did it.  we still got paid ontime through the bankruptcy and everything.

ETA- ugh, my keys stuck all over the place.  Correcting spellings!
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    You gave me a great idea. We are about to go to the store too. I'm buying all the Twinkies there. Okay not really but I am going to buy a few boxes. The only thing I don't like is they never last long in my house. I usually hide them.
  • Options
    I buy Cadbury mini eggs each Easter and Trader Joes sea salt caramels each Christmas in vast quantities and then have FI hide them from me so I don't eat them all at once.  I get cravings in October that I can't subside otherwise.
  • Options
    I haven't been to Hooters, but I love Wings. Fried green beans are really good as well!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:0ce12356-8e69-4500-a9e5-da83de3f3350">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My HS science teacher has twinkies from like 30 years ago.  One of the kids I babysit for (next door neighbors) says that he actually ate one in one of his classes.  It was no longer good.  I believe he spit out the bite he took.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I work for a food science company and a few months ago we made a food time capsule. We put cheetos, twinkies, and some other "crap" in the box. I don't know if I'll ever know the results, but it is interesting!

</div>
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We have this new restaurant called Zombie Burger.  It has all Zombie themed foods.

They have a milkshake called the Tallahassee (named for Woody H's character).  It has ice cream with cherry koolaid and pulverized Twinkie.  It is phenomenal.  Plus you can get the milkshake spiked which makes it even better.

http://zombieburgerdm.com/
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Bleh, my eyes are dilated.  Ick.  H's doctor says he's fine.  There is a Tilted Kilt in Tampa.  I actually have the kind of kilt they wear as their uniform, except I think mine might be one size longer.  We went there once and the food was decent, but I think it was a little overpriced. 

Congrats Uncle Mica!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:36642e82-c607-483a-ab81-a8e1c695a177">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bleh, my eyes are dilated.  Ick.  H's doctor says he's fine.  There is a Tilted Kilt in Tampa.  I actually have the kind of kilt they wear as their uniform, except I think mine might be one size longer.  We went there once and the food was decent, but I think it was a little overpriced.  Congrats Uncle Mica!
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    I hate having my eyes dialated.  I can't even look at a computer screen afterwards, so props to you!
  • Options
    That's just how dedicated I am to knotting.  OK not really.  The screen looks a little wonky, but it's not too bad.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:36642e82-c607-483a-ab81-a8e1c695a177">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bleh, my eyes are dilated.  Ick.  H's doctor says he's fine.  There is a Tilted Kilt in Tampa.  I actually have the kind of kilt they wear as their uniform, except I think mine might be one size longer.  We went there once and the food was decent, but I think it was a little overpriced.  Congrats Uncle Mica!
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Apparently I'm very sheltered since I've never heard of that restaurant. Interesting.

Glad your H is ok :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thanks guys!  The doc said the pain is probably from the scar tissue getting pulled when he's in a weird position.  He's been having to braise pipes at weird angles lately, so I guess that's been irritating it. 

• Options
    I agree about them being overpriced Adamar - guess it's the surcharge on cleavage or something. 
  • Options
    adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Boob tax!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4fdb832d-795d-4956-8581-1da025fb8e19Post:e77a318e-ec05-45d7-8625-f043997a7ef5">Re: Afternoon thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eagles - thought of you when I saw this: <a href="http://noblepig.com/2010/07/01/edible-eagles-for-the-4th-of-july.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://noblepig.com/2010/07/01/edible-eagles-for-the-4th-of-july.aspx</a>
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Edie those are cool!  I got excited when I say 4th of July, cause I thought we might use them for apps for the kids at the wedding.  Sorry Eagles, no offense, but no!  Not going there.

Yay for Mr. Admar, Yay for Mica.  Being a new uncle is so fun!
  • Options
    Hi Erin,
    Yes, Scentsy burners will definitely help! As an FYI, Yankee jar candles last about 110-150 hours and cost about $30 not on sale. A Scentsy burner is about $30 (you only need to buy this once unless you want more burners) but, the bars are only $5 each and last between 80-100 hours. Scentsy is by far a more economical choice in the long run and there are over 80 amazing scents to choose from! Let me know if you have questions regarding the product. I used to burn so many candles it was ridiculously expensive...I still do, they're just wickless now and SO much cheaper!

Thanks!
    Gina Spring
    Independent Scentsy Consultant
    rgmspring@att.net
    ginaspring.scentsy.us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards