Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Morning

12346»

Re: Saturday Morning

• I don't like it either Edie. I mean, the guy she's currently with is one of those desperate types so it's not like he knows that she's basically using him until she can find someone she actually wants to be with. 
  • Me either Edie. I also had a friend that wouldn't hang out unless her bf was busy. If he wanted to have guys night then he had to make sure she had girls to hang out with. Said friend now lives an hour away and I haven't seen her since we were in college together (in TN). It's been 7 years. People like that bother me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:f056cf38-1eda-4da7-b98d-7371f0e3d27a">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me either Edie. I also had a friend that wouldn't hang out unless her bf was busy. If he wanted to have guys night then he had to make sure she had girls to hang out with. Said friend now lives an hour away and I haven't seen her since we were in college together (in TN). It's been 7 years. People like that bother me.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, I have never really done much hanging out with friends while H was in town - but that's because I so rarely get to see him. If he lived here and we were living together it would be a totally different story.</div>
  • Poke that's understandable. My bff is in a long distance relationship and her local friends have a hard time getting that. They get to see each other usually twice a month for about 36 hrs. I get that they want time together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well yeah, I would have thought most people would understand that. But then again I would have also thought that most people let newly weds have time alone. My ILs called us the morning after our wedding asking us when we were coming home because they wanted to go out and have breakfast. I was just like...really? They actually got irritated when H told them we were going to go have brunch on our own and meet them afterwards for fishing. 
  • Yeah, seriously. Well, my BIL got irritated, I don't know about the rest of them - but I'm assuming they weren't overly pleased. My parents ended up taking them to breakfast. 
  • Wow Poke. Wow. Well FI seems to think that we will be spending our first day with his family. I plan on sleeping in and packing for the honeymoon. Maybe breakfast or lunch with them but I'm not going to hang out all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha Petal - I would have liked an entire day! But, to be fair his family was only in town for a weekish after the wedding, and no one knew their way around. 

Anyways, I'm going to go with H to run some errands now. I'll see ya'll later : )
  • Hey evrybody. Eags, sorry your boos is being a pain.
    Mirahbelle, my FBIL thinks pets are wasteful because there are people in need and pet owners spend too much time and money on their pets. This irritates the hell out of me because it's not wasteful to charter planes for fishing and hunting trips.
    KJB, is it OK if I PM you? You were talking about vintage Pyrex earlier, and I'm looking for a specific pattern.
    Petal, I'm sure I won't enjoy doing the invites when my time comes either. Tiresome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards