Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!

Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!

• Options
    See... they need return policies for this stuff... but that's gross so no.. but some of it's a little pricey and I don't want to waste money on something I don't like and can't return so I just don't buy anything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:d9667a6b-67a1-4779-a997-813775e183c6">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't own any type of vibrator or anything like that. I feel like I'm missing out...
    Posted by mixtapehearts[/QUOTE]
    Me too....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:b9083e30-8f97-4cf8-beec-cc5879de05e4">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!! : Dear God no. With the beads? And the ears? And the hte...too much!
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

This is what I have, except instead of a rabbit it has a dolphin on it. I do not enjoy it. The beads freak me out.
  • Options
    We just had sex using my vibrator at the same time for the first time the other night. Holy Shiit that was AWE.SOME.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:fdf46591-6b8b-41da-a41a-012cebfb0abb">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!! : You are totally missing out. I use mine every.single.night. Best way to get a good nights sleep!

<div>Everyone says getting some puts them to sleep, but I just find it wakes me up! I'm weird.</div><div>
    </div><div>Now I totally feel like I'm missing out!! I feel too awkward to go buy one though. </div>
  • Options
    I have a bullet with a remote control. It's awesome.

The first time I used a tampon I didn't put it all all the way in so I had to waddle for the night. I remember that night distinctly. My mom had already had a hysterectomy when I was a baby, so we never had any girly stuff in the house. I don't know if she'd ever even really used a tampon.
  • Options
    Dammit.. I'm the princess of darkness this week and am working nights every single night, I seem to miss the night threads.    Only 2 more nights and then I'm back to days next week.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    MK- that's actually a good story! I'm glad it went smoothly for your family, it didn't for a friend so I find that stuff interesting :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:44ee57ed-ce92-4d6f-b417-73e99dcebf0f">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dolphins?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Haha. Apparently it's another version of the rabbit, except in place of the "rabbit" there's a dolphin.
  • Options
    Okay ladies I have to study for my chem final that's tomorrow. 

Just letting you guys know I went through and DDed most of what I said, I'm not too worried about what was quoted. 

Night!
  • Options
    The few toys I DO have were gifts, either gag gifts, or bachelorette gifts.  I'm to shy about it, but I want to explore more... and I think H would love it, but after 7.5 years I don't know how to introduce it.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:b9083e30-8f97-4cf8-beec-cc5879de05e4">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!! : Dear God no. With the beads? And the ears? And the hte...too much!
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE

Yeah, whoops. Not that. It has something to do with butterflies. I knew bunny sounded wrong. Heh
  • Options
    good night aleigh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:ed6445ac-123b-449a-baff-10ebc8c58002">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK- that's actually a good story! I'm glad it went smoothly for your family, it didn't for a friend so I find that stuff interesting :-)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

It gets better. About a year and a half after leaving my SD he began a relationship with two men (they were already in their own 10 year relationship and asked my father to "join them" (?) I guess. Anyway, he told me about it like 6 months before my brother and sister and I wasn't allowed to say anything. When he told me I was like, whatever makes you happy dad. And they totally do and I love them so now I tell people I have 4 dad's but my mom only dated/married one of them.
  • Options
    I don't know how I would feel about having a vibrator made in the likeness of an animal.....
  • Options
    I was way over ambitious the time I bought one with ears and beads at a Pure Romance party.
  • Options
    Don't be shy about going into the stores! The clerks couldn't care less. I can't tell you how many of my girl friends I've dragged into those stores.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:9f8f74f1-1e4b-47b9-a4fd-529aa4972da5">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was way over ambitious the time I bought one with ears and beads at a Pure Romance party.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I was teh same way. Not fun in the slightest. Just...ow.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Mine is just pink and phallic lol. No animal likeness. MK - so your dad is currently in a relationship with 2 guys?? A man tripod? (this is not meant to sound condescending...)
  • Options
    Julia, I can't believe you were smarter than me on that math question! My mom is going to be so ashamed.
  • Options
    On that note... I have to get to bed... I was up WAY too early due to a storm this morning. Catch you ladies later!!  go jump your FI/H's  LOL.

• Options
    Mixtape, it's not shaped like a butterfly. I won't go into detail though. And yeah, like LVB said, the clerks either don't care, or they're overly helpful. Loopy, you could always start with the basics and get a feel for how your H would react
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:92c2d95b-8ae5-4771-988c-cc9080775083">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The few toys I DO have were gifts, either gag gifts, or bachelorette gifts.  I'm to shy about it, but I want to explore more... and I think H would love it, but after 7.5 years I don't know how to introduce it.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Just buy something and bring it home. If you think he'd like it then it might be exciting for him that you took the iniative. Maybe he doesn't know how to approach you about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:ce2a288e-6ac5-4be7-8550-982c2c80d566">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Julia, I can't believe you were smarter than me on that math question! My mom is going to be so ashamed.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    No! I was wrong! I changed my answer!

6/2(1+2)
    PEMDAS

1+2=3. Then because M and D are EQUAL, you read frm left to right like normal. H and I argued about it. His board has a 20 pg thread on it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:b67f03ac-4585-43fa-92ae-fed96c3930d7">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is just pink and phallic lol. No animal likeness. MK - so your dad is currently in a relationship with 2 guys?? A man tripod? (this is not meant to sound condescending...)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Yes he is. It's been almost 4 years now. Let's add another layer of weirdness to the mix. Lucas stays with them while he's in MD working during the week. He's not uncomfortable, but I know it's not something he's used to.
  • Options
    Oh and...erm..thanks for saying you're usually smarter than me?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_there-nightime-thread-not-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53295b77-df5c-44cd-9517-9a5cd0a29161Post:f6cfc7c2-f080-4440-aae8-d4ca513b5d1e">Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a nightime thread? If not, here it is!! : No! I was wrong! I changed my answer! 6/2(1+2) PEMDAS 1+2=3. Then because M and D are EQUAL, you read frm left to right like normal. H and I argued about it. His board has a 20 pg thread on it.

I just had a long convo with my math major brother on FB about it. He wrote the explanation on there. My mom's going to be so ashamed when she sees I got it wrong at first. I'm glad I was able to change my answer. :)
  • Options
    What did you have first? I put 1 first and then changed it to 9
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards