Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF?

Are we having one this week or did we get it all out on FFW?

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: FFF?

• I was wondering that myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Seems like there's still a lot of pent up aggression. 
  • I've got nothin'.  I definitely blew my load earlier in the week.
  • I just like it for the entertainment value, makes my Friday go faster.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I dont really have any flames. I still think the bully post last night was hilarious though, I cant help but flame that.
  • Yesterday's lovefest was 100+ posts, no? I'd think the pendulum would start to swing back the other way, but maybe it's too soon.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited April 2010
    I have one. It's for the "speak English" post the other night. Maybe it's because I'm a Spanish teacher or maybe because I'm liberal minded, and I know everyone was congratulating themselves for how respectful they were of each other's opinions, but... I was saddened by the lack of empathy for hispanic immigrants and definitely rolled my eyes when I read that people were so annoyed with pressing 1 for English for some phone calls. C'mon.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • There's always room for FFF.
  • I'm still feeling warm and fuzzy from LFT, and after reading KPS I don't really feel like flaming everyone. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:9a22cce2-7610-43cf-8b41-8e9b7505084a">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have one. It's for the "speak English" post the other night. Maybe it's because I'm a Spanish teacher or maybe because I'm liberal minded, and I know everyone was congratulating themselves for how respectful they were of each other's opinions, but... I was saddened by the lack of empathy for hispanic immigrants and definitely rolled my eyes when I read that people were so annoyed with pressing 1 for English for some phone calls. C'mon.
    Posted by mandybear7[/QUOTE]

I didn't read the thread, but that would have saddened me too.  And that's saying something because you know how conservative I am. 
  • Mandybear, I also roll my eyes at the people who get all pissy about "press 1 for English." It just seems like the silliest little thing you could get your panties in a twist about.
  • NebbNebb member
    edited April 2010
    Considering you have to press 1 for english, another number for one department, another number for a specific issue, and another number to speak to cs about it... that one extra #  for english isnt really putting you out too much. Thats why I just jam 0 whenever I call companies with phone systems like that. :D
  • I flame whoever it was that posted the lovefest was full of "groupthink" and "pathetic" on KPS.  You know what, just because sometimes folks want to spread a little lurve on here instead of snarking it up 24/7 doesn't mean those people are pathetic, nor does it mean that there's "groupthink" just because there are some posters on here that are universally well-liked.  Whoever posted that, you sounded extremely bitter and nasty. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Blueeyed really got on my nerves this week. First, in the illegal immigration/Arizona bill thread over on AFSB. She actually said that illegal immigrants don't deserve basic human rights, cause they're illegal. And then again with her comments in the Speak English thread. Not just the part about how her liberal friends are unpatriotic, but the part where she believes that people think the 90% of Americans who don't speak Spanish exclusively should have to cater to the 10% who do. Undecided

It's not just that she's conservative, because I get along well with basically all the other conservatives on this board. It's just because she's her.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:bc521a2e-bd77-4863-b53b-1196859696d5">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF? : I didn't read the thread, but that would have saddened me too.  And that's saying something because you know how conservative I am. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Right. The language was very "us vs. them" and I was just uncomfortable reading it. Immigrants are constantle being taken advantage of in this country and I think it goes a long way to show empathy and acceptance. Yes, ESL classes are offered at every local community college, but after washing dishes for 12 hours for below minimum wage, I sure wouldn't have much desire to go.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:56d19421-b490-4408-9386-544cc9683c3a">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Considering you have to press 1 for english, another number for one department, another number for a specific issue, and another number to speak to cs about it... that one extra #  for english isnt really putting you out too much. Thats why I just jam 0 whenever I call companies with phone systems like that. :D
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

No kidding, if the only thing I had to press was 1 for English I'd be thrilled.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:56d19421-b490-4408-9386-544cc9683c3a">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Considering you have to press 1 for english, another number for one department, another number for a specific issue, and another number to speak to cs about it... that one extra #  for english isnt really putting you out too much. Thats why I just jam 0 whenever I call companies with phone systems like that. :D
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Me pressing 1 for English is a super minor inconvenience compared to how hard it must be to live in the US and not know English, period.

And the lovefest flame - I agree. So a bunch of regs were on here at the same time, naming each other. The people named were regular posters who are on during the day. The thread was posted during the day when they all were pretty much here. Oh well. People like each other. Deal.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:9a0002b4-bf57-4232-9570-5a5c221e9d0d">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame whoever it was that posted the lovefest was full of "groupthink" and "pathetic" on KPS.  You know what, just because sometimes folks want to spread a little lurve on here instead of snarking it up 24/7 doesn't mean those people are pathetic, nor does it mean that there's "groupthink" just because there are some posters on here that are universally well-liked.  Whoever posted that, you sounded extremely bitter and nasty. 
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Yes. Then some one made the point last night (Kate?) that some people are just weirded out by that kind of love. So don't open it or post in it? If you read it all enough to notice you were not mentioned, me thinks you care you were not mentioned.

Those things are always so flavor of the day anyway. Usually the love gets handed aorund to who is there that day, which is fine because those are the first people you think of.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:b0a0845e-2664-41b8-8b4e-ca3a510a53fb">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, ESL classes are offered at every local community college, but after washing dishes for 12 hours for below minimum wage, I sure wouldn't have much desire to go.

Especially if you had to go home and take care of your three kids and your mother. And then go to your second job.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:643bb7e6-4046-4c3e-9792-2a26543207e3">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF? : No kidding, if the only thing I had to press was 1 for English I'd be thrilled.

Bell canada here requires you to SPEAK your selections, which I hate. Then it connects you to someone in india who doesnt understand you and goes to great lengths to be understood (spelling out every word in "F as in frank, R as in rocket, E as in egg...). Most phone calls last 30 minutes minimum just to get your point across and come to some form of resolution.
    God I wish I could just press 1 for english.
  • From my experience with ESL speakers, they want to learn English. Badly. They recognize the acommodations that are made and appreciate them.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:aac944f9-e63d-4280-af97-c31040946008">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blueeyed really got on my nerves this week. First, in the illegal immigration/Arizona bill thread over on AFSB. She actually said that illegal immigrants don't deserve basic human rights, cause they're illegal.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

This bothered me too.  I'm a bleeding heart myself, but I would have understood if she had said that illegal immigrants didn't deserve access to health care or education.  There's a case there (although I could never countenance letting someone die on the emergency room floor because he couldn't prove his immigration status; there's legal, and then there's humane...). 

But basic human rights?  That's non-negotiable.
  • i flame the piss out of brookelyn for insisting on hawking the idea that bf'ing babies are always (ALWAYS!) the exception to no-kid weddings. as if that's actually an etiquette rule. stfu, seriously - stop spreading false info.

she's not the only one who does this, but the one i noticed most recently. and the way she said it was totally obnoxious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:12ae9f97-fec5-4d2c-bf83-bea4e44db481">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]From my experience with ESL speakers, they want to learn English. Badly. They recognize the acommodations that are made and appreciate them.

That's what I don't get. I've never HEARD of anyone coming here and saying, "Well, now I get to sit on my fat ass and get everything handed to me because I'm in AMERICA. Everyone better learn my language to accomodate me. And give me some free healthcare and benefits while you're at it." In my experience, this is NOT the life of a recent immigrant.

And I live in a place with a lot of first generation immigrants (and undocumented workers) and it's really softened my stance towards them to see how they live and actually interact with them on a pretty much daily basis.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:d4673324-fec6-4803-a8aa-f6ebe3697ebe">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF? : Bell canada here requires you to SPEAK your selections, which I hate. Then it connects you to someone in india who doesnt understand you and goes to great lengths to be understood (spelling out every word in "F as in frank, R as in rocket, E as in egg...). Most phone calls last 30 minutes minimum just to get your point across and come to some form of resolution. God I wish I could just press 1 for english.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I remember when we bought Vista and the password to activate it wasn't working, and Noodle was shuffled from a call center in Canada, to one in India, disconnected, called back, to Canada, to India again, put on hold for 20 minutes, back to Canada, then finally resolved by a supervisor.  Thanks Microsoft!

As an aside - I love when I get connected to a call center that is blatantly in India, or China, or someplace like that, and everybody there is all "My name is Bob/Susan/Mark/Jim, how can I help you?"  Please, you know your name isn't Bob and it doesn't suddenly make me think you're going to be able to understand me any better just because you have a fake American name.  I don't know why companies feel the need to do that.  Like we DON'T know we're talking to a guy in India.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:782da8c2-9164-4370-80c2-505741903fa0">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF? : This bothered me too.  I'm a bleeding heart myself, but I would have understood if she had said that illegal immigrants didn't deserve access to health care or education.  There's a case there (although I could never countenance letting someone die on the emergency room floor because he couldn't prove his immigration status; there's legal, and then there's humane...).  <u><strong>But basic human rights?  That's non-negotiable.</strong></u>
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify.  I did not say that.  At all.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:603b2f66-8619-4be5-bc12-ef6914c52c5aPost:7f3a7337-2088-468e-9a4d-8e5b752544aa">Re: FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF? : I remember when we bought Vista and the password to activate it wasn't working, and Noodle was shuffled from a call center in Canada, to one in India, disconnected, called back, to Canada, to India again, put on hold for 20 minutes, back to Canada, then finally resolved by a supervisor.  Thanks Microsoft! As an aside - I love when I get connected to a call center that is blatantly in India, or China, or someplace like that, and everybody there is all "My name is Bob/Susan/Mark/Jim, how can I help you?"  Please, you know your name isn't Bob and it doesn't suddenly make me think you're going to be able to understand me any better just because you have a fake American name.  I don't know why companies feel the need to do that.  Like we DON'T know we're talking to a guy in India.
    AGREED!
  • Andy#s irritates the everloving shiit out of me.  And her sig is obnoxious, at least on my screen.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • NebbNebb member
    J&K hasnt responded to the email I sent her a WEEK ago. What a beotch.
  • I think that people were just happy that the English thread the other night didn't devolved into, "Oh yeah! We'll you're stupid!" "And your feet smell!" As for the actual opinions expressed, I remain disturbed and saddened.

I also like LFT a lot better than FFF. Whoever is going to make secret complaints about LFT being groupthink needs to fuckoff. LFT is healthy, especially given that we can all get mad at each other sometimes.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards