Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

• I don't know. He's just a PITA in general today. I gave him the caterers email address so he could look up on paypal exactly how much we paid him so I could come up with the total we spent on the wedding (I know we came under budget, I just don't know how much under budget - whoops). But instead of doing it my way, he tried to look it up by the date. So I was irritated because I was waiting for him to hurry the eff up and he started being pissy about it. But that's just one example. 
  • Gotcha, gotcha. 

Has anyone had the mango pineapple smoothie from McDonald's? I'm craving a smoothie and actually kind of like their berry one, but I'm not sure how good the mango pineapple one would be.
  • I love mango, but I'm allergic to it so I generally try to stay away from it. It sounds amazing though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:07ebc689-9c9b-4f8a-ad9a-d5a8c1ccbe6d">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gotcha, gotcha.  Has anyone had the mango pineapple smoothie from McDonald's? I'm craving a smoothie and actually kind of like their berry one, but I'm not sure how good the mango pineapple one would be.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>It is AMAZING.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We did it! June 9, 2012

• I may have H pick one up on his way home, then!
  • Love mangos... now I want some!  FI's mother makes it with some kind of spicy thing on top- it's awesome.

We slept til an embarassing hour Embarassed  I have a dreadful headache for some reason, so I'm just hanging out.  FI wants to cook dinner, which is very unusual- I'm the cook.  But I could use some tlc Laughing

Daff- no power sucks!  I live in the backwoods of NH (well sort of backwoods lol) and we loose power a lot in the winter... blahhh!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm enjoying a lazy day today. I've been lying around watching movies and surfing the internet some. I do have laundry I need to start soon though, and since H and I are moving to a different apartment complex in less than two weeks I need to start going through things. We haven't bought anything off our registries yet because we don't want to have to move it all, so we still need to decide what we are getting off which registry. H is at work, so all this will be done later. H is also going to be gone this week so I'll have time to go through everything and take stuff to Goodwill.

So, basically, I'm doing a lot of nothing but thinking about all the things we need to get done before moving day! Perfect lazy day to me!

We did it! June 9, 2012

• Wish I had a lazy Sunday...

I was back from grocery shopping and all set to put on my bathing suit and head to the pool when my dad called me.  Apparently he was taken to the hospital in an ambulance yesterday and spent all day at the ER...apparently he has bone spurs in his back, is in excrutiating pain and is now using a walker to hobble around the house....but that wasn't why he was calling....He was calling to let me know my mother was in the urgent care this morning with facial cellulitis and would be there for a few hours. 

Needless to say, I went to my parents' house to watch my dad while we waited for my mom.  My mom finally got home around 2 and I let her know that dad has had the chills.  So she took his temperature...sure enough...he has a fever.  I look over the info from the hospital yesterday and tell her to call his doctor.  The doctor told him to take some advil and to still plan on coming in tomorrow.

So I am taking my dad to his doctor tomorrow...because my mom has to go for another round of antibiotics for the facial cellulitis...oh and she is supposed to have a biopsy tomorrow too...because they found a mass (she had breast cancer 2 years ago)....

and we are awaiting blood work back on my MIL...because they think she might have lyme disease.

Sorry for wall oh text... :(
  • Oh, Hockey, I'm sorry :( What a day. I hope everything works out. It sucks when things pile up like that. 
  • Hockey- You are having a terrible day!  I'm so sorry!  T&P coming your way!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    OMG, Hockey, that is terrible. What a crummy series of events. 

It is hotter than freakin' anything here today and a zillion percent humidity. (That might be a slight exaggeration.) But it is dang nasty and just going outside gives me an instant headache and nausea. 

Even still, we went for groceries and also got a pile of fireworks for Wednesday. People here are total pyromaniacs.

• I'm sorry you've had such a sucky day Hockey! *vibes* to you and your family! 
  • It's so beautiful outside today, but zero breeze which makes it dreadfully hot. I feel like I haven't been outdoors in days because of the heat and the storms we've had.
  • So H asked me to add up everything and figure out as close to the exact amount of money we spent on the wedding as possible. So I do all that and he says "Oh good. I'll just save that. Mum will be interested to know what we paid."

Uuuh - why? My parents haven't asked how much we spent. IMO it's none of their damn business. Same with MIL. He insists she's just curious. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 
  • I meant to stop and get a sundae on my way home...and I forgot.  Figures, this is the week I decide not to buy ice cream for the house!

I am really ready for H to get home and give me a hug....it was really hard seeing my dad in so much pain today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:918d950e-4160-403e-8f38-3bf9b0e95548">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's so beautiful outside today, but zero breeze which makes it dreadfully hot. I feel like I haven't been outdoors in days because of the heat and the storms we've had.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I have been staying inside as much as possible. It's been 100+ basically all week. And my car has no a/c. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:d5441e15-4b0f-466c-bb18-e7557bba386b">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]So H asked me to add up everything and figure out as close to the exact amount of money we spent on the wedding as possible. So I do all that and he says "Oh good. I'll just save that. Mum will be interested to know what we paid." Uuuh - why? My parents haven't asked how much we spent. IMO it's none of their damn business. Same with MIL. He insists she's just curious. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe they won the lotto and are going to cut you a check for the full amount you spent? </div><div>
    </div><div>Other than that, though, they need to mind their own beeswax.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:92a63f30-7561-4b60-928b-136eccde01ed">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I meant to stop and get a sundae on my way home...and I forgot.  Figures, this is the week I decide not to buy ice cream for the house! I am really ready for H to get home and give me a hug....it was really hard seeing my dad in so much pain today.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>*interweb hugs* I know that feeling, it's really sucky. When my dad broke his rib and wouldn't go to the hospital it was killing me to see him suffer.  I really hope that they can take care of his problem and he can get some relief soon! </div>
  • Hockey, that's a terrible day for sure! I hope everything works out for everyone! I'm definitely praying as we are in somewhat of a similar boat because of parent's health.

MIL was just declared cancer-free in May, but went last week for a PET scan because her leg was swollen. Results came back and the lymph node there is cancerous. She gets to start her fourth round of chemo (since her initial diagnosis in Jan. 2010) soon. I really wish she'd go to a new oncologist. I've lost faith in this one as every time she's declared cancer-free they actually find a lymph node that is cancerous and she has to start all over again. I wish she'd go to a different doctor. Maybe one who actually will check her before declaring her cancer-free and giving us all false hope!

We did it! June 9, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:d5441e15-4b0f-466c-bb18-e7557bba386b">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]So H asked me to add up everything and figure out as close to the exact amount of money we spent on the wedding as possible. So I do all that and he says "Oh good. I'll just save that. Mum will be interested to know what we paid." Uuuh - why? My parents haven't asked how much we spent. IMO it's none of their damn business. Same with MIL. He insists she's just curious. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 

Ya that is odd.  Definitely none of her business.  I think let H know that his mom doesn't need to know how much you guys spend on things.  If he must say something, he should say "we came in under budget" and leave it at that.
  • Wally - that would be lovely, but I dobut it. H insists she's just curious and that she's not going to be judgy. He says she keeps saying how wonderful the wedding, and that when he tells her how much we spent she's going to think we got a bargain. Either way, I dont' see why she needs to know. But whatever, I'm not going to cause an issue over this. It's not important enough IMO - I just find it strange. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:92a63f30-7561-4b60-928b-136eccde01ed">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I meant to stop and get a sundae on my way home...and I forgot.  Figures, this is the week I decide not to buy ice cream for the house! I am really ready for H to get home and give me a hug....it was really hard seeing my dad in so much pain today.

<div>I don't really know you on here, but *hugs* anyway!</div>

We did it! June 9, 2012

• willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:cee05de9-ae01-40b3-9b9c-34dc7aeb5ec9">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hockey, that's a terrible day for sure! I hope everything works out for everyone! I'm definitely praying as we are in somewhat of a similar boat because of parent's health. MIL was just declared cancer-free in May, but went last week for a PET scan because her leg was swollen. Results came back and the lymph node there is cancerous. She gets to start her fourth round of chemo (since her initial diagnosis in Jan. 2010) soon. I really wish she'd go to a new oncologist.<strong> I've lost faith in this one as every time she's declared cancer-free they actually find a lymph node that is cancerous and she has to start all over again. I wish she'd go to a different doctor. Maybe one who actually will check her before declaring her cancer-free and giving us all false hope!</strong>
    Posted by BeccaHJoshS[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, that is horrible for all of you. The whole illness is bad enough but then to have that sort of an emotional rollercoaster along with it is just hideous. </div>
  • thanks everyone.  It was just a lot all in one day.....I mean I knew about MIL, because she told us Friday....but my mom hadn't even told me about the biopsy....she said she was waiting until she got the results.

They had no intention of telling us kids anything...and the only reason they did is because my mom was going to be at the urgent care longer than she thought initially and was afraid of my dad being alone that amount of time.....

and I am the only one they told!  I got a hold of one of my brothers and he was upset they didn't tell him. 

I swear parents revert back to kids the older they get......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:01b316ad-888b-4d8c-bc38-3a20cd2ee614">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally - that would be lovely, but I dobut it. H insists she's just curious and that she's not going to be judgy. He says she keeps saying how wonderful the wedding, and that when he tells her how much we spent she's going to think we got a bargain. Either way, I dont' see why she needs to know. But whatever, I'm not going to cause an issue over this. It's not important enough IMO - I just find it strange. 

<div>
    </div><div>Bummer. Wishful thinking, huh? </div><div>
    </div><div>It is weird she wants to know. Maybe she will be super impressed with your bargain-hunting prowess though. Who knows, though? Sometimes people are just nosy. </div>
  • Poke, are there other kids in the family who's weddings she might be eventually paying for? I think unless you have your wedding coming up asking what someone else spent on theirs is weird. 
  • Is it bad if I have no idea what we spent on our wedding?  My parents paid for a large portion, but I picked up stuff as I went and didn't keep track. 
  • HOckey - I didn't know the full amount until I added it all up lol. 

Leisel - She doesn't. Any other of her kids that will get married will pay for themselves - but no one expects either of them to. I do believe she is honestly just curious. I think she finds it strange not being involved in much of the planning process for her son. Had we lived in the same country she would have been more involved. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:e5ab429f-49f3-4ff2-8f42-486454942fd9">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it bad if I have no idea what we spent on our wedding?  My parents paid for a large portion, but I picked up stuff as I went and didn't keep track. 

<div>I have no idea what we truly spent on our wedding as I didn't track it either, but I know a ballpark.  Obviously I know what the total for the big-ticket items was but all the little things I picked up along the way?  I have no clue.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm working on thank you cards today as I'm really behind on them.  I just find them really difficult to get through.  I feel like I end up writing similar stuff on everyone's and it just feels crappy.</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edie: I should have worked out that deal! hahaha  My mom kept saying "You should sit with your father and figure out a budget" and my dad kept saying "I know you are level headed and I am not worried about it...just be happy"

The only thing he gave me a budget on was my dress, and I went about $4000 under his budget.
    When I was looking at venues, he was looking at places that were twice as much per person as I was.  I couldn't see spending a ton of money on one day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards