Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Night Time Thread

Re: Night Time Thread

• Options
    I feel bad for Chef-D we are stalking him so he does not poo in the house, but I think we are scaring him because we have not completely figured out his poo butt wiggle thing.  Poor guy sometimes just wants to sit and we are ... uh...nn.. oh wait false alarm..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I'm glad you were able to have your puppy at home now. Potty training is the worst. We always got our dogs in the Spring so my mom could potty train them in the summer when she wasn't working.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aww little chef-d. We were like that with Tory too though, constantly watching her at every moment when she was tiny. Pretty necessary at that age to be sure they are either not going potty or not chewing something to pieces.
  • Options
    Chef-d pics please.

I'd like to live vicariously, please.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:93b16c46-a3d3-4c8c-96d3-2975e52a5316">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel bad for Chef-D we are stalking him so he does not poo in the house, but I think we are scaring him because we have not completely figured out his poo butt wiggle thing.  Poor guy sometimes just wants to sit and we are ... uh...nn.. oh wait false alarm..
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Ok Lynda, this may be TMI, but when our puppies have to poo their butts push out a little. Not their butts, but their....ahem.....rectal areal (SORRRY LADIES!!!!). That's how we know ours need to go out.
  • Options
    Yeah same here MK. The butthole expands a little bit. Gross, but hey it is a good sign.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:846e572d-3d4c-47e1-8887-531ee32c7d9e">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, MK, I really want you to move out there. It's such a nice area but I don't really have any reasons to go out there right now. I also want to go out to the Shenandoah Valley to go hiking sometime.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

I want to hike too!! It's perfect!!
  • Options

Is it bad that I know exactly what you are talking about, MK?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We took Autumn out like every 30 minutes for the first little while unless she was sleeping.
  • Options
    Jal, <3 I'm really sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you and your family were able to find a new appreciation for each other.
  • Options
    Yay!!! We're not the only ones that actually pay attention to our puppies butts. There are many times when I'm like, "Pepper, I see your butt. You need to poop. Go outside now."

It was especially important when we were apartment living and had to walk them to go potty, Knowing they had to go vs. not go saved us hours outside.
  • Options
    We hung a bell from the doorknob and made Autumn ring it whenever she had to go out.  After a while she figured out that bell = door will open.  Small issue when she would ring the bell just to make us get up and open the door, then she would not go out it, but we worked through that eventually too.
  • Options
    Getting really excited about making this kitchen non-hideous. The color decisions, especially the flooring, is just so difficult. But I can't wait for it to come together.
  • Options
    Great idea Loopy.

FI has said that I can get a kitten since a dog is not an option right now. Anyone know how old kittens have to be to take them home with you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Did you choose a color, Jill?
  • Options
    Rachers all of our dogs are short haired, so we don't have that problem. The only one I don't pay attention to his bung hole is Lobo, the big one, and that's because he's outside when we're not home. If he can't manage to poo in 8+ hours, we've got problems.
  • Options
    Petal, usually kittens are adopted at about 12 weeks old. I think sometimes you can get them as early as 8 weeks if you get them directly from someone whose cat just had kittens, but at least 12 weeks if you go to a shelter.
  • Options
    Sounds fun Daff.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:c73e0669-27dc-41d7-8e0a-52d317bbf9c0">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!!! We're not the only ones that actually pay attention to our puppies butts. <strong>There are many times when I'm like, "Pepper, I see your butt. You need to poop. Go outside now."</strong> It was especially important when we were apartment living and had to walk them to go potty, Knowing they had to go vs. not go saved us hours outside.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha, this made me chuckle imagining this.</div>
  • Options
    Daff I was going to ask the same question as MUNI.

Oh and I totally left you love in the lovefest thread. <3 you!!
  • Options
    I've narrowed the paint color down to 2. The floor color down to 3, I think. I'm going to make the flooring decision once everything else is done. I'm hoping the overall effect will make the flooring choice clearer.

Then, I need to decide on the carpet in the adjacent room, and I've got about 5 of those colors I'm deliberating on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:1f24f083-bb29-4c51-b8fc-e7dacf8ee9dc">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time Thread : Ha, this made me chuckle imagining this.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

hehe, truth is I totally talk to my pups like that. Like on the regular.  Especially the two little ones when it rains. They don't like the rain, but I know when they need to poo.
  • Options
    I almost brought a kitten home a few years ago, but a few of our friends are allergic and said they'd never come to our house again if we had a cat.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

I'm going to try to get one from the shelter. FI got one from some sort of organization. He had to pay a little but she came spayed and with all her shots. He had to sign a contract that he would never let her outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Half the time when it's raining I have to kick Autumn out the door, and then I find a poo pile on the driveway cause she doesn't like to walk on wet grass... seriously?
  • Options
    I think that's a good call on the flooring.

It's hard to imagine when you're just looking at little swatches.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:11b4d66f-e11e-48b4-82ed-d9f5cc274fa1">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys! I'm going to try to get one from the shelter. FI got one from some sort of organization. He had to pay a little but she came spayed and with all her shots. He had to sign a contract that he would never let her outside.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>never?  like, ever?</div><div>
    </div><div>wild.</div>
  • Options
    mk - just saw it! I honestly don't remember a time when we didn't get along (I have terrible rememberies). Anyway, I adore you lots, much love, and thanks!
  • Options
    MK that's awesome.  Is it creepy that I kinda sorta know what you sound like from vlogs and that accent makes it cuter/funnier?
  • Options
    It's only been 24 hours, but I'm catching most of the pees/poos.  It's just matter of us getting on a schedule.    He does not want to pee/poo after he eats or plays.  I take him and he does not go.  Instead he will crawl up on my lap and fall sleep for an hour or more.  Then when he wakes he goes almost immediately.

Oh and he seems to have claustrophobia or something.  He does not like closed spaces (even if it's a see through gate).   He gets in the elevator fine, but as soon as the doors close he starts to whimper like he does in the crate or the play pen.  Same with the bathroom.  He goes in the bathroom fine, pees, even sleeps, but man the minute you close the (see through) gate he freaks out.   

Here a few pics.  i haven't really taken much since he got  home.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards