Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I don't want to talk about weddings.

Re: I don't want to talk about weddings.

• Options
    Also - catching up here: Hi/welcome Heb!
  • Options
    Hi Meg!
  • Options
    MK, right now it's down past my shoulder blades, getting further and further down my back. I'm thinking a bit shorter than shoulder length but not chin length. I think there's beautiful styles for any length, I just fell in love with what we settled on at my hair trial which would require the longish hair again. I'd be willing to deviate from the style I picked but I'd probably need another trial with the shorter hair.
  • Options
    Hi, Loopy!  Sorry your H doesn't get time off for the holidays.  :-(
  • Options
    I guess if it's only going to get longer (and it's driving you crazy), then you probably need to do more than just a trim. Maybe have the stylist cut shoulder length and then see if you want her to cut more.
  • Options
    I cut my hair off as soon as I could after the honeymoon. I went a bit too short though. I liked the style, but I couldn't pull it back. I'm going to grow it out a little, but not nearly as long as it was.
  • Options
    I'm giving her strawberries.  Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Mmm chocolate covered strawberries. 
  • Options
    I lasted about 6 months after the wedding before I chopped my hair off.  I think i took about 8 inches off of it at that appointment and i'm loving it.  
  • Options
    I haven't had hair past my chin in about 3 years, so I might be a little biased. I contemplated growing it out, but I know I'm just going to cut it short again, so I didn't bother. Lucas actually prefers it shorter anyway, so it works out.
  • Options
    Mica-Yum! Good choice!
  • Options
    I love chocolate covered strawberries.  The hotel we stayed after the wedding had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room.  It was awesome.
  • Options
    I got my hair cut about a month after the wedding.  I got a ton cut off, but that was the last time I cut it.  It needs it again bad, I'm just terrible about making an appointment and getting it done.
  • Options
    MNF is on delay- a transformer blew and no power at the stadium! This is as strange as the Minisota dome collapse after the snow last year...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mica- hen do you find out about the bank's feeling on your offer? I know these things can take a long time with short sales.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-want-talk-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:68557ea7-c0a3-4a64-a046-e5bfef52822dPost:cbe0ab22-61a0-4885-ac38-f21e1db702cc">Re: I don't want to talk about weddings.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar - YGPM
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Back atcha.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I've always wanted to look all cute with super short hair but the two times I tried it, I did NOT look cute. Granted I haven't tried it since I was thirteen but still haha. I do like when my hair is between chin and shoulder but I haven't done that in almost 4 yrs so FI's never seen it that way. He loves my long hair but he'll like it no matter what, he's not weird about that stuff, there'd just be an adjustment period. Maybe I'll get some inches off and if I love it, make that work for the wedding and if not, grow it back out, and chop it off for real after the wedding. Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    H made me promise not to cut my hair right after we got married.  I'm too lazy to deal with short hair.  My hair does not behave when it's short.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-want-talk-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:68557ea7-c0a3-4a64-a046-e5bfef52822dPost:9ed87a42-9423-4b4a-98b6-a7837c9ed4f6">Re: I don't want to talk about weddings.</a>:
    [QUOTE]MNF is on delay- a transformer blew and no power at the stadium! This is as strange as the Minisota dome collapse after the snow last year...
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

It's on already? For some reason I thought it started at 9.
  • Options
    Yeah I kind of scuff my feet on the carpet in my office and my hair gets SUPER static-y. I have to be able to tie it back or it will drive me insane.
  • Options
    Same here Mica.  I don't have the patience to style my hair every day.  Plus H does not like short hair at all.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    My hair doesn't behave at any length, but it's better when it's short.  Lately though I just wear it up in a ponytail because I don't want it in my face at work.
  • Options
    My hair too, Mica.  Long hair is much easier.  I can just braid it or put it in a bun.   But if it's short, i have to style it.  every day.
  • Options
    Nicki -- we bid the same amount that was bid by a previous person who backed out for personal reasons, so we have a strong reason to believe that this bid will be accepted.
  • Options
    I grew my hair out for a very long time and then cut it about a 1 1/2 yrs ago. I was very sad when I realized that I probably needed to grow it out for the wedding. I do get it trimmed and colored every 5 weeks. It is my biggest splurge.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not usually around during the daytime on weekdays, but it seemed really busy on TK today. Lots of posts. Or is this how it usually is?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-want-talk-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:68557ea7-c0a3-4a64-a046-e5bfef52822dPost:cb25b537-e678-413d-b0f1-f4aa331dc70d">Re: I don't want to talk about weddings.</a>:
    [QUOTE]H made me promise not to cut my hair right after we got married.  I'm too lazy to deal with short hair.  My hair does not behave when it's short.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Same. My hair is so thick and has strange cowlicks, that when my had is short (above the chin) it poofs out and I look like a mushroom. I also have zero patience for hair-doing. I like lowmaintence ponytails, side braid, half up bun, etc.

I miss my dreads. High maintenance- but not all at once, spread the work throughout a few days of separating them, twisting, etc. But so easy to style every morning!
  • Options
    I go through spurts where I style it a lot and then get lazy and do the ponytail thing for a while.
  • Options
    Petal, it's been slow lately, especially after all of the wonkiness.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-want-talk-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:68557ea7-c0a3-4a64-a046-e5bfef52822dPost:dd93b15a-a262-41df-ae0e-ccb5e6708e80">Re: I don't want to talk about weddings.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't want to talk about weddings. : It's on already? For some reason I thought it started at 9.
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be an 8:30 kickoff.

These games are just too late IMO. Up til at least 11:30 watching them on work nights.
  • Options
    My hair is long.  I meant to cut it short after the wedding, but lost my nerve.  And I'm really, really bad about going in for regular haircuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards