Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

• Options
    I actually am quite funny.  And, didn't I introduce you to the best place in the 'ville for martinis?  Did you try the Loose Goose?  I think I could get drunk from just smelling one of those right now. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    i appreciate dedication to one's craft.  and maybe she'll make me a paper purse.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Actually the MIL's wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.  

What's with the stripperella comment?  Clearly I missed alot.  And not gonna lie, I'm not reading 45 pages, since I left off at like page 11.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:94e495a6-9cbb-45a0-878b-8294b323fb6a">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : well I'd say don't assume that your other grades will be bad.  I got a B in Contracts and then a B+ in torts and thought I was f'ed and then got two As.  And you have another semester.  What type of law do you want to do? 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure yet, but have always been really interested in children's rights and also sports/entertainment law. But I'm open to many different pathways at this point. I find small business law to be interesting too. I have a one week volunteer internship coming up in 2 weeks with the Children's Law Center as a 'case reviewer', so I'm hoping that will expose me to some good experience with some family law stuff.
  • Options
    DNB. LVB stripped for Mel. You missed out
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:02302e2e-1dc7-4321-8f01-186d94369152">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DNB. LVB stripped for Mel. You missed out
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha I guess so.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    virtual bach party for mel.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:9eb29e2c-753e-4d63-90f9-7015f411448a">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : I'm not 100% sure yet, but have always been really interested in children's rights and also sports/entertainment law. But I'm open to many different pathways at this point. I find small business law to be interesting too. I have a one week volunteer internship coming up in 2 weeks with the Children's Law Center as a 'case reviewer', so I'm hoping that will expose me to some good experience with some family law stuff.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    oh that sounds exciting!  my friend is  a family lawyer and really really likes it.

my advice is pretty skewed from my experience.  I went  to Tulane and tranferred to Michigan and I was in Big Law for 4 years before moving to the Minneapolis market.  I think that law school exams teach you how to write law school exams.  If you can master the art of "IRAC" and memorize the major black lettter law stuff you will be golden.  It will be easy even. 

If you ever want any lawyer/law school advice pm me - I'd be happy to help.  Or we could even go for coffee!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i want coffee.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:3693264a-49a0-4248-99a7-9c8a4ef63ef7">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i want coffee.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    lets stay up ALL NIGHT LONG.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:68906920-38db-4776-ad50-0e1d719f1ed8">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : Haha I guess so.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    shame on you for having a life outside of your internet friendships.  shame shame shame.
  • Options
    yes.  i have to drive adam to drop off his car at 7am.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Y'all are nuts.  I like nuts.
  • Options
    I just realized how sad it is that I can recite every one of my law school grades, in order. 

Man - I miss grades.
  • Options
    I can do the same with my med school grades (well, if I could remember the names of the courses).  UCLA was pass/fail.  :P
  • Options
    i like almonds.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Andy- YGPM! :)

• Options
    I like walnuts.  And pecans.  And almonds.
  • Options
    almond wine, mica, i'm telling you, it's delish.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Andy- Ok, it's telling me its sent, but won't show up under PMs that I've sent... I feel lame because I can't figure it out.
  • Options
    I broke my espresso maker

I'm a cashew and almond girl

And Andy, I can recite mine for the semester....A...A...A...A Smile
  • Options
    weird I didn't get it - try sending it again?
  • Options
    Ok I think it worked this time...I hope.
  • Options
    Jill that's AWESOME!!!! 

are you in law school?  how did I not know this? 

mica - I forget - are you in residency?  or are you an attending now?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:9398e64b-ee8e-4c10-b13e-dd654c26c58b">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I think it worked this time...I hope.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    got it!
  • Options
    I know Andy, I've been very busy while I've been home.  and I hate it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok good! :)

DNB- My mom got me 30 day shred for xmas (I asked for it from her), and I haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited to!
  • Options
    Ha, no. There's absolutely no way I would survive law school. Child & Family Development. I can probably tell you more about typical development than you would ever want or need to know
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:5a7d4240-89e5-4c93-8bfb-d026e675c114">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all are nuts.  I like nuts.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much how I feel about E, too. 

And, Andy - I can tell you all of my undergrad classes - semester, day, time, professor, and grade.  And where on campus it was taught, although I don't know the room number.  Just "third door on the left" kind of stuff. 

Also?  I can do the same with HS.  And MS.  All the way down to my locker combinations.  So, if it's just Law school, you're way less sad than me.  Especially since my most recent graduation from anything was 9 years ago. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    oh and you have one back!

jill my baby sister wants to go into that.  will you be a therapist?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards