Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

• Options
    Its just a fun trip with H's best buddy and his girlfriend who I love.  We were really close in Chicago.  Its a quick weekend trip - I can't wait!

I used to live there so its fun to go back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Where is your dress going?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    now i'm even more jealous that you used to live there, lol :)

are you selling your dress?  i think i would just take it out and look at it one last time
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Its going to Brides Against Breast Cancer.  I'm donating it for a good cause because I couldn't bear to sell it.  I am waiting until the very last day to do it per H's and my agreement.
  • Options
    Andy, you're the sweetest person.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I had mine cleaned and boxed up all pretty.  Then it was sold, and I just sent it away.  I wasn't that emotionally attached to it.

• Options
    I loved your dress Snippy.  
    Photobucket
  • Options

andy, I bet you didn't even know I was looking for a reputable place to give my dress to, huh? Well, I'm thinking I'm probably sending it to Brides Against Cancer now. What an incredible project! And so much better than my dress just swimming around the bottom of my guest room closet.

• Options
    oh yay!  That makes me happy manda.  Its a reputable organization for sure.  The $40 processing fee was a little annoying but whatever. 

I know it sounds sweet but honestly I do NOT want to do it right now.  Its like going to the gyno right now.  I know its good and important and I signed up for a reason but waaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaha
  • Options
    i was actually intending on keeping my wedding dress and wearing it each year for our vow renewals... hopefully it will fit year after year!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Navy blue and apple green.  And we have not one single name of overlap, so everything has been thrown out there by one of us, and all of them shot down. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I haven't found anywhere that didn't require some kind of cleaning money. You're right, it's a little annoying, but the whole thing is tax deductible so, whatever. And honestly, I feel like it's going to cost more than $40 to clean. I had an out door wedding (dirt on the train) and drank red wine against my coorinator's best wishes.
  • Options
    don't know if you like this one squirrly, but my fave boy name was noah

and i was going to be all cheezy and decorate the nursery like noah's arc...

FI didn't like it, good thing we had a girl, lol... FI wanted to name the boy "Rudiger"

we got another cat and named him Rudiger instead, lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If H and I ever have a kid, it would be a fight to the bitter end for a name.  He would want Xanadu or something like that.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    and navy blue and apple green are such pretty colours!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:126795ac-6aa4-4b0d-915c-46f96e6fb880">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't found anywhere that didn't require some kind of cleaning money. You're right, it's a little annoying, but the whole thing is tax deductible so, whatever. And honestly, I feel like it's going to cost more than $40 to clean. I had an out door wedding (dirt on the train) and drank red wine against my coorinator's best wishes.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]
    yes.  me too.  and we had chocolate cake.  and I went barefoot.
  • Options
    Totally off topic, but does anyone know if Fishy made her flight? That would really suck to have the weather cancel getting to see your friends.
  • Options
    oh AND the fact that we had a photoshoot on the beach in a life guard boat before the reception.  I basically had a trash the dress session on my wedding day.
  • Options
    emily - i think i saw her post on snarky brides that her flight had been cancelled but she was able to book another, not sure if she got on it or not
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I can't believe this thread is still running
  • Options
    Emily, I don't see any updates either way on anybody's FB pages.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    IT'S MADNESS MICA!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I really think I'm going to have to send H out of the delivery room for some reason and quickly name the kid while he's gone :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    True story: family friend named his kid Samwise Gamgee (first and middle names)
  • Options
    kjb - nope, i was trying to be funny.  :)  though, i'm tempted to tell that to FI to see what his reaction would be.  lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ok, I thought you were kidding, but I wasn't sure :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    i wish i would have put amy's middle name as "danger"

then she could say "danger is my middle name"

*drum roll please*

.... ok I think I hear crickets chirping :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    alixzafirisalixzafiris member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    fishy is at the airport hoping to get on standby.  it's fucking "ghey."  and so is making yesterdays FFT thread into the good morning thread. 

signed,

mandy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards