Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

• Options
    Hells yeah, LVB!  I can actually get it here!  Wahoo! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Did you just see that UL fans are wearing fuucking kfc buckets as hats? Really?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:970eb641-ed18-4efb-b0cf-ed3b5910b6b3">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, Mica. Want me to throw rocks at your boss?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Yes, please.
  • Options
    Sorry Mica.  At least you have money!  I'm poor. Does that help?
  • Options

I'll admit that money helps.  :\ 

I'm hoping for a more prosperous year for you in 2011, Amoro.

• Options
    This is still going?? Woo hoo!

And I'm Switzerland for this UofL/UK game.
  • Options
    hahaha, no, I didn't catch that. 

Harrellson has really improved.  He's been SO determined to step up, and looks like he's succeeding. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    He has. Liggins is impressing me too. But he's our biggest guy in a team of tiny tiny men.

I'm glad they're getting their shiit together. The game started off like a...dog fight.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Almost all of our snow is melted and I have the windows open.  I am a happy girl.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Woooo, just bought tickets for NYE! We're having my ILs over for dinner and to watch fireworks, but today's Groupon is for a party that's not far from us and is a good price, so we're going to go there after. I'm not at all big on NYE, and we never really do anything, so I think this will be a fun change.
  • Options
    I love to get dressed up and go out for NYE.  We're just going to a neighbors tonight.  It's so expensive to go out and I refuse to spend $150 each to go out.  So we're having a big old food fest down the street :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's part of why I never go out on NYE. I feel like there's pressure to make it the best night EVAR, and anything worth doing is twice the price of doing that same exact thing any other day of the year. No thanks.

But this was $30 for both of our entry and 16 drinks (which is essentially open bar because really, 16 drinks for 2 people is plenty), and we can walk there, so even if we just go for a couple hours it will be a good deal.
  • Options
    hiya!  I'm back.  My dress is shipped off to make some bride happy and some breast cancer patient healthy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LVB, have you been outside yet today? It feels a-freaking-mazing (for January).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:0a0ba161-0761-41fe-9e3c-ff80a98acc7d">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll admit that money helps.  :\  I'm hoping for a more prosperous year for you in 2011, Amoro.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Aww... That's really sweet Mica.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I have to admit, we loved our Italian NYE parties.  Get together with a shitton of expats at a little restaurant up in the mountains at the foot of a castle.  Have an insanely huge and delicious dinner with all the wine we could drink.  Prosecco at midnight, and fireworks over the castle.  *sigh*  That was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    That sounds like fun Snippy!  Fireworks and a castle?  That's how you do NYE :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Alright, it's 3pm, I've done all the work I have to do today, the lights are turned out on my floor, and I'm going home.

Happy New Year, E!
  • Options
    Happy New Year!!

I'm about to go make myself purty!
  • Options
    I love that this thread is still going!  Good morning everyone!  I slept in and it was awesome. 

I'm doing nothing today, absolutely nothing.  Well, maybe I'll pop some bubbly tonight and watch Diick Clark or something.  I live a pretty crazy life, y'all wouldn't understand.  lol

I'm in a lol'y mood today- I think I'm just really happy to have a 4-day weekend!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It was super foggy when we got there.

But not when we left:

The table:

• Options
    ok I'm outtie!!!! talk to you NEXT YEAR!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    have a safe trip andy!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Happy New Year  Snippy, aMrs and anyone else who has past midnight.

btw - can't believe this thread is still alive..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Happy New Year Andy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:71ef20c3-6a60-44b6-afb6-a3891e5609e8">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy New Year  Snippy, aMrs and anyone else who has past midnight. btw - can't believe this thread is still alive..
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I'm not past midnight yet, though everyone apparently thinks we are.  Fireworks have been going since 4.  Too bad I can't see them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:b86f5eb2-05a4-4f58-b903-28f9a4b3ad1f">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!! : I'm not past midnight yet, though everyone apparently thinks we are.  Fireworks have been going since 4.  Too bad I can't see them.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

you know as soon as I hit 'post'... I was like?... ":wait, it's not midnight there yet... The fireworks through me off...

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I never get over time differences... it's just so weird that some people are celebrating New Years and I'm still drinking my coffee.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards