Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where is everyone?

Re: Where is everyone?

• Options
    Hockey, I hope the results are good!

I love fireworks. I don't know if the park we're going to tomorrow will be having any but I'm sure somewhere close enough will.
  • Options
    Morning!  I just have to get through today and then I have 5 glorious days off!  I finally got my annual scheduled.  Hopefully they don't call and cancel again.  There's only a limited number of days that my mom isn't in clinic, and I have absolutely no desire to go see her.  Hello awkward.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Morning ladies... I just woke up to use the bathroom and my nose was stuffy so by the time I got my nose spray out and used it, I felt kind of awake. I'll still probably go back to sleep in a bit though. My throat hurts a little less and I definitely woke up with more cold symptoms, which is no fun, but at least that means it's probably not strep. Hopefully I'll be mostly better by Saturday for my friend's wedding. No plans for the 4th yet. I want to see fireworks, that's all I know. I'd love to go into the city, but I doubt FI will want to since he'll have his bar class early Thursday morning. We'll probably go somewhere local.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agreecd on the cocktail hour and tables/chairs.  I don't even mind the chairs so much as having a place to put things down.

We were at a wedding for some friends a few weeks ago.  They had 5 tables for everyone and the appetizers were just cheese and veggies from a display.  I had a wine glass in one hand and my plate in the other with no place to set either down and FI was in the wedding party so we couldn't even take turns holding things.  I ended up not eating anything from my plate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning!  What a great long weekend that was!  Perfect weather, a sunburn (ugh) and only a 3 day week for me, then I am off to BC for my sister's wedding.  Yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Uh oh, I don't think there's a ton of seating for my cocktail hour. It's held in a different room than the reception. There are some seats, but definitely not enough for everyone. I didn't think anything of it because people generally mingle during cocktail hours.
  • Options
    Cookie, that is a wonderful feeling too! One of the best little things out there. :)

Cfas, I hope your sister gets her power back soon. Glad to see your face!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cf097be-c9af-4e32-9c5a-cbff3945c290Post:b344bc8f-b3b1-4bf2-ba30-0f1c26b32109">Re:Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh oh, I don't think there's a ton of seating for my cocktail hour. It's held in a different room than the reception. There are some seats, but definitely not enough for everyone. I didn't think anything of it because people generally mingle during cocktail hours.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    I don't think you need to worry about a seat for every behind during the cocktail hour.  If you have seating and small tables, you should be fine.  It's having none of the above that is the problem.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Ang--
    Like I said, I usually don't mind there not being enough seats because I generally expect that at a cocktail hour.  I let the elderly and those who have to sit take chairs, at least make sure there are enough cocktail tables for people to stand around.  I can usually stand for an hour and a half if I have something to lean on/put my stuff down on.
  • Options
    Hey all. It is so dead in the office today. I have stuff to do but all the attorneys that the stuff is for are all out for the day. So we will see how productive I am. I might go stalk some courtrooms to waste some time.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]AngLike I said, I usually don't mind there not being enough seats because I generally expect that at a cocktail hour. nbsp;I let the elderly and those who have to sit take chairs, at least make sure there are enough cocktail tables for people to stand around. nbsp;I can usually stand for an hour and a half if I have something to lean on/put my stuff down on. Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I think there are places for people to put their stuff done, so I guess it'll be fine.
  • Options
    Eagles, that's right, I forgot about that 2nd level. Ok sweet, crisis averted, haha.
  • Options
    It's hopping on the phones today at work, thankfully, I'm not on the phones. LOL

This is the first year since DH and I met we haven't gone to Pittsburgh for vacation and to visit his family. I miss our trip up there, I love Pittsburgh. Instead we're going to SoCal to visit my family together. I usually go out there alone. I get 4 weeks of vacation to his 4 days.
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling like it's not strep Angel. Hope you get well quickly!
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Steffi! I don't feel too bad right now but my voice is all jacked up. I just hope it's better by Saturday. Or ideally, Thursday, but I'll accept Saturday, haha. Oh great, my sister is home from her trip. I was hoping she wouldn't get home til late.
  • Options
    Good morning!  I am drinking coffee and getting ready to force myself to work out in a little bit.  I have new k-cups that I absolutely love.  If anyone has a keurig you should get the revv plus k-cups.  I usually always have to have 2 cups of coffee but I only need one cup of this and feel completely awake.

I have people coming later this morning/early afternoon to cut a tree down on the side of the house.  It's a really tall thin cypress tree, and with all the storms lately it has been basically bending in half over the house.  So we need to get it cut down before it falls on the house. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's barely 8am and I am already digging into my lunch for a snack out of pure boredom. This is not good. And there is nothing juicy on the court calendar today.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.  I finally found something Cheyenne will eat- shrimp.  So she woke me up at 1:00am and 3:30 am for shrimp. I am so glad she is at least eating something, even though its not normal cat food. Even after just 12 hours of eating her fur looks better and she seems in better spirits.  But I'm exhausted from feeding her in the middle of the night, because I cant just put the bowl down.  Her chunky monkey little sister will come in and try to nose her way in unless I sit there and watch.

I'm hoping to be let out early today, but it wont be early enough to avoid a meeting I'm not super excited to attend.  We dont have any super exciting plans for tomorrow, although sleep sounds positively delicious right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Morning. I feel asleep still. I ended up sleeping in the guest room last night. I went to bed after FI and he was snoring so loudly since he is all congested. I couldn't sleep at all so I decided it would be better to change rooms. I'm just thankful my old bed is in there. It's quite comfy.

I go to work at 12 and I don't feel like doing anything this morning. I have tomorrow off but no plans until late afternoon so I figure I will clean then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beachy, random Keurig question. Do they make apple cider things for that? We got one as a wedding gift and that's pretty much the only hot drink I like.
  • Options
    Has anyone else had that moment when their pet falls off/runs into something really hard and you think "they can't be normal after that?" It just happened here.
  • Options
    Morning.  I woke up feeling worse than yesterday, so I'm not working.  I'm not looking forward to calling my clients to cancel on them.  I hate canceling on people, I feel like I'm letting them down.  I've got a ton of paperwork I should do today, but I kind of just want to sleep.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Midge- they do and it's declicious!  H's aunt had bought it and we tried it when we were home and then I became addicted.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here!  Happy because I am working from home the rest of the week, and even happier because they just authorized an hour early departure today so I only have to work until 2.  Not sure what H and I are doing tonight, but very much looking forward to being off tomorrow.  Yay!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cf097be-c9af-4e32-9c5a-cbff3945c290Post:16d84907-4323-4dd1-8605-9f9370529bd2">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone else had that moment when their pet falls off/runs into something really hard and you think "they can't be normal after that?" It just happened here.
    Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]
    My cat Tempest loves to rub against people's legs.  The problem is that when she does so, she doesn't look where she's going and routinely smacks her head into walls/the bathtub/garbage pail.  It makes this huge THWACK noise, and I always think she's going to brain-damage herself.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I heard one of the supervisors say that we're not leaving early.  The other departments are, so I'm hoping she was just lying and she'll tell us our boss "changed her mind" later.

• Options

One of the other departments is making waffles in the kitchen and of course it has to be on the day I didn't bring breakfast.  THIS IS TORTURE.

• Options
    I would almost rather they were making stinky eggs.  The waffles smell so good :(

• Options
    Sweet! Thank you Beachy! I, like Edie, had sworn I'd seen them before but I couldn't find them when I looked at BB&B the other day. I feel better about keeping this now since H really isn't that big of a coffee drinker and I don't ever drink it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cf097be-c9af-4e32-9c5a-cbff3945c290Post:9600476a-8221-4ec6-b955-6c600289e12e">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge did you register for one?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Nope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards