Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Super Duper Early Evening thread

Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread

• Options
    Hey eags!! I am sure you have answered before but are you doing a HM at some point? Oh yes and also if I won the lottery, I would by at least 100 acres of land for a permanent dog sanctuary for elderly, disabled, or abandoned pups. I would have personal doggie apartments for each of them and 24 hr staffing including veterinary service onsite.
  • Options
    MUNI, the Queen of Etiquette wants you to know you should have called this the afternoon thread.  Way to go.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a fucking island in the middle of nowhere and move myself and my husband and any of our friends that wanted to live there.  And then I'd buy a private plane and a pilot and someone to get us supplies.  And I'd say "FUUUCK YOU" to everyone else.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Evening! I'm on TK mobile, so I don't know how this will end up but...anyway. H is out of town, so I had fish sticks for dinner...yeah, not good at all. H likes them, so that's why we have them and I hate cooking for just me. I'm trying to quit smoking, so I just want to eat everything in the house :
  • Options
    No having to pay to park at the airport when you have a private jet, J!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:ec45e897-5601-4dfb-a50e-a7e9f626393a">Re:Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]No having to pay to park at the airport when you have a private jet, J!
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Ha!  So true.

• Options
    Evening ladies, I'm sitting on my brand new couch. Yay!
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    If I won the lottery, I would use the money to pay off our car loan and buy a house. FI has always wanted to nice cottage by the lake with all the accesories (boats, jet skiis, skidoos) to go with it so we will invest in that too. We would probably put the rest into our savings, maybe take some trips. Nothing extravagent, maybe a luxury car. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I win the lottery, I'd be building a huge bunker and outfit with everything we need to make it. My H is convinced something is going to happen, so I'd do it to ease his mind.
  • Options
    Where are you going on your HM after the holidays?  Or don't you know yet?

I fuuuucking hate Will Ferrel. 

• Options
    Haha J, so I was at my parents yesterday and I was like, "so mom, you know my knot friends? Well one of them lives in Xtown so to save her money on parking, i told her she could park in front of our house while she's on vacation. So there will be a random car here on Saturday." She just shrugged and was like "ok, cool." haha.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yeah Anchorman is really the only Will Ferrell movie I enjoy.
  • Options
    I enjoy Will Ferrell in Elf. That's it. I hate that entire genre that he usually acts in though so there's that. 
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    My favourite (probably only one i like) Will Ferrell movie is Elf, I love Christmas movies. 

edit/ Glo - great minds think alike haha =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like your plan a lot J&K. 
  • Options
    Ha, MuSu, your mom is awesome.

The only WF movie I remotely enjoy is Step Brothers.

• Options
    Oh yeah, Elf!  I like Elf.

Loops, you can come if you want!

• Options
    It can be the knottie island.
  • Options
    I am not a Will Ferrell fan either, but I also think it has more to do with the genre of movies he is in 99.99% of the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:57b93fd2-4247-4601-ac6a-3e43e1585f66">Re:Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]It can be the knottie island.

No.  No it cannot.

• Options
    If I won the lottery, I'd pay off our house and my parents and sisters houses. Also my BFF's house.  Id set up trusts for my kids and my nieces and nephews, FI's as well. We'd also take care of his mom.  We'd give her this house and build a home on lots of land.  I want a horse and someone to take care of the horse.  I just want to ride it.

We'd tithe too.  Then travel.  All the time.  A world cruise is first on the list.

I'd also hit the Chanel boutique in France. I've always wanted a haute coiture wardrobe.  FI would likely buy a bunch of pre-embargo cuban cigars and some really old scotch.
  • Options
    Wahoo, H hooked up my washer and dryer! Thank the man upstairs because our laundry was piling up.

I like Anchorman, Elf, and Step Brothers. Everything else is meh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:d7069f25-98c6-4def-ab97-d8e89e69ecf9">Re:Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Sara, I will take your 100s in the summer if you wanna take our 20 belows in the winter!

<div>Let's trade! Cold I can handle. Heat, no thank you!</div>
  • Options
    Oh Lizzie reminded me, if I won the lottery I would also get some nice bags, the first on the list would the classic Chanel lambskin purse. Also new clothes! How could I even forget. I would get FI lots of ties, he loves his ties. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lottery-We'd pay off all existing debt, fix this house up enough to sell it for more than we paid, and build our dream home on a large lot in a different part of the valley. Buy a house for my mom and set upcollege funds for all FI's great nieces and nephews. Probably help 2 friends with their kids' college tuitions also.
        Knottie GTG goes without saying. I'm thinking Richard Branson's private island would be perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chrissy, I'll join you on your couch. I find him hilarious. Elf and Step Brothers are 2 of my favorite movies ever. The Other Guys cracks me up too.
  • Options
    Ok J. Then select few J approved knotties. Hehe.
  • Options
    Hello again. :) I don't know if my post ever posted earlier, because I'm tethering the interwebz through my phone, and it crashed and then my ILs came by to help H with a project.

But now I should be here for a while. :)

I like Will Ferrel in Anchorman, Elf and some of his others, but there are plenty of his movies that I don't really care for.
  • Options
    If I won, I'd set up an LLC or whatever, pay the student loans and go back to work. FI asked me this last week, I would want education costs covered for our kds, my nieces and nephews. Lizzie that's great to have dinner cooked for you! Mine (12 yr old that is) baked pork chops and made stovetop and veggies - he had it on the table Friday when we came home! Of course, I am still scrubbing my scorched stainless steel from the stuffing ... But it was still great :) BabyLoopy is precious!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:0a38ed4a-f264-4b14-84f7-18452b9aac8f">Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello again. :) I don't know if my post ever posted earlier, because I'm tethering the interwebz through my phone, and it crashed and then my ILs came by to help H with a project. But now I should be here for a while. :) I like Will Ferrel in Anchorman, Elf and some of his others, but there are plenty of his movies that I don't really care for.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm tethering too. We get TV/internet tomorrow. I'm really bummed I'm missing Bachelor Pad tonight because Time Warner can't set up my cable until tomorrow. Moving has sucked big nuts for me in this heat and I'm not pregnant. You're a brave woman Jess.</div>
  • Options
    Jess how are you liking the new house?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards