Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening thread

How was everyone's day?

I was really lazy today, and I'm going to blame that on being sick, even though I probably would have been lazy anyway. I picked up my dress for my friend's wedding on Saturday... it is indeed too tight, like I feared. I'm not sure if that's because they took it in too much or because I'm bloated, but if I don't wear a bra, it zips up, so I'm just going to watch what I eat and drink a ton of water before Saturday and if all else fails, I'm going braless.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Evening thread

• I hope you can make the dress work comfortably for this weekend!

I have had a pretty shitty day.  I'm glad it's over.  Aside from all of the stuff with my Grandmother, I burnt my face with my sunglasses (metal frames inside the car all day), my subway leftovers were soggy and not edible, and I'm tired. 

I'm just ready for tomorrow and enjoying the cookout at my parents.
    imageVacation
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Hi Angel. I just got home from looking at more washers and dryers. I had a scare with Fox today. Our downstairs neighbors have access to the yard through their carport, and we have access through ours. The carports are on opposite sides of the house. H let Fox into the yard today and didn't look to make sure the neighbors gate was closed. 

About half hour later H went outside to check on Fox and he was standing in the (unfenced) part of the carport just chillin'. Mothereffer. He could have run away and gotten a half hour head start. The neighbors gate was wide open. H is so getting the blame for this.
  • I'm sure you'll look better going braless than my BM did. 

And I've been lazy today too. I'm blaming that on the headache that drinking 4 frozen cocktails last night gave me. And H. I was going to go do something productive and stop knotting, then he biiitched about me knotting so often so I got mad and got back on TK. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:83a20e80-adc8-41e7-8121-000377a51c7a">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope you can make the dress work comfortably for this weekend! I have had a pretty shitty day.  I'm glad it's over.  Aside from all of the stuff with my Grandmother, I burnt my face with my sunglasses (metal frames inside the car all day), <strong>my subway leftovers were soggy and not edible</strong>, and I'm tired.  I'm just ready for tomorrow and enjoying the cookout at my parents.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>I hate, hate, HATE this. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:5e53f416-8dc6-45f8-a86f-bf02e55f6791">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : I hate, hate, HATE this. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I know! I was really looking forward to it.</div>
    imageVacation
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Hello, today has just been a drag.   I have been in a sour mood all day that I can trace back to about Friday when a friend decided to send 7 texts at 3 in the morning after he was told to stop.

Angel, I hope the dress fits well.

Brandi, I'm really sorry for everything you are going through. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Poke, are you and H still fighting? And yeah, it'll look fine, you can't even tell I'm not wearing a bra. I would like to de-bloat a bit so I can actually eat while wearing the dress, haha.

Erin, I would flip if FI did that. Luckily, Fox didn't go anywhere, but he very easily could have and you just never know what could happen. We had a dog get hit by a car when I was 9 after my mom let him out to go to the bathroom and he ran away, so now we're extra careful about the dogs.

Brandi, sorry your day was bad! Hope it gets better... or at least that tomorrow is better!
  • Thanks, guys.  I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. 
    imageVacation
  • No Angel, he just made the one comment and I gave him a bit of a middle finger about it. He rolled his eyes and got over it, haha. 
  • Hi! 
    Today was pretty terrible. 
    H is probably a good hour and a half away from home...we were supposed to go look at mattresses today, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen.
  • Crash-  do you have any idea what kind you might get?
    imageVacation
  • Glad Fox didn't go far Erin.  I would flip the eff out. 

People are really starting to bail from the office now... Time to turn up the music. 

Oh, and I cut my lip on ciabatta bread today.  WTH does that happen?
  • I have the evening to myself and I just found a margarita in the fridge.  Win.
  • It really must be the full moon, everyone seems to have had a bad day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:d40490ed-8a48-4083-9db3-0d970b176ac1">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad Fox didn't go far Erin.  I would flip the eff out.  People are really starting to bail from the office now... Time to turn up the music.  Oh, and I <strong>cut my lip on ciabatta bread </strong>today.  WTH does that happen?
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>That is evil.  Talk about a bait and switch.  Oh, I look like delicious carby goodness...until I attack!</div>
  • I want a fridge that makes me margaritas. 
  • Glad Fox stuck around Crash.

I'm waiting for H to get home and then we're headed to our cabin in the mountains for 2 nights.  Tons of family, which means lots of drinking to make it through it.
  • Aw, I'm sorry so many of yall seemed to have had off days! Mine was a little off only because the kids were a little off today. I'll be heading to Starbucks soon. Partly to get Sasha and me out of the house and partly to do some school work. 
  • Okay, I'm going to go spend some quality time with H. Meaning stop knotting for 10 minutes and give him some attention haha. 
  • Hi guys. 

I've had a busy day, I started my internship today and really like it so far. And of course there's all sorts of fun/weird stuff happening on TK while I'm not here. 

Erin, I'd be pissed too. I'm so scared of my cat somehow getting lost (she's an indoor cat, though).

Angel, hope you're able to eat in that dress! I hate not being able to eat because of clothing when there's good food around haha
  • Having a cold in the summer sucks. I'm starting to feel really shiiiity again, which often happens at night. At least my throat no longer hurts. I can tolerate the rest of it. I'm hoping to get myself to bed early tonight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:4ae1d588-f82c-48b9-8fed-222a1c0843e7">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]It really must be the full moon, everyone seems to have had a bad day.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>No doubt. </div><div>
    </div><div>My day was OK. Got to go view middle DD's pics from her 'enchanted' shoot last week. They were amazing. I spent too much. Oh well. She is only young once, might as well document the shiiiit out of it. </div><div>
    </div><div>Making a grocery run here in a few minutes so we can put together the food to take to friends' tomorrow. The store will likely be packed with full moon-crazed people and will irritate me. Sigh. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:6b8d132d-65ef-43a7-96d8-8b68d746b8bc">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : That is evil.  Talk about a bait and switch.  Oh, I look like delicious carby goodness...until I attack!
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, Muni this cracked me up. </div>
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary

I feel bad for Girlie's pain from the ciabatta bread but Muni's response made me laugh.

Leisel, I am still new so I don't know (or I don't remember), but what is your internship for, if you don't mind me asking?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:84b5d416-cc7b-4138-8485-7fd29785d795">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crash-  do you have any idea what kind you might get?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    We want a pillowtop. <div>We're definitely not buying tonight, but we don't really know what's out there. </div><div>We still have H's from a couple of years ago, his parents bought it for him because they felt bad that they didn't tie down the nice mattress he had down good enough when he moved, and it flew off...and got hit by a car. </div><div>That thing is hard as a rock and the "pillowtop" thing we bought just isn't cutting it anymore.</div>
  • Right Muni?  Bastard bread. 

Barrel, every time I see your sig pic I think your horse is missing the lower part of his right hind leg. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:6a9d54f9-9120-4af2-abea-5108cffc5470">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : We want a pillowtop.  We're definitely not buying tonight, but we don't really know what's out there.  We still have H's from a couple of years ago, his parents bought it for him because they felt bad that they didn't tie down the nice mattress he had down good enough when he moved, and it flew off...and got hit by a car.  That thing is hard as a rock and the "pillowtop" thing we bought just isn't cutting it anymore.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I would totally recommend a tempurpedic if you can afford it/find one!</div>
    imageVacation
  • rsanna, I actually don't think I've mentioned it yet, no worries.

I'm interning at the campaign headquarters for THIS guy (Congressman Aaron Schock). 
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I have an ultra-plush pillowtop Sealy Posturepedic and I absolutely love it. I basically never want to get out of bed, ever. And so I don't, half the time, haha.
  • Hello.

I actually had a good day. Work went well, came home and Chef was being good.  DH came home and made some meatballs (I made the pasta, or should I say threw some cooked pasta in a pot of boiling water).  

We both have to work in the morning.  Well, I don't really, but since he does I decided to go in until noon.  Then we are having people for dinner.  Not sure what we are cooking yet.  DH makes a great pork, so I'm trying to get him to do that.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards