Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's Here/Evening Thread

124»

Re: Who's Here/Evening Thread

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-hereevening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8efa4aa9-df67-4153-8075-014491624c64Post:acd1245a-d8a6-4322-b2bb-31156a0ccd45">Re: Who's Here/Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Lovey! Ugh.  I failed at being a lawyer tonight.  FAIL.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    GO BILL!<div>tough love from me, girl.  tough love.  </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks oot!

What happened Andy?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Ghoti - even if it was a bit rough!
  • Options
    Oh I just was supposed to bill 2 hours tonight and I stopped after 1.  Wine and BL happened.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The storm is moving toward Joplin and a tornado has been spotted on the ground near Joplin.  Wtf.
  • Options
    Shiiit you are right kc - the sirens are going off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sucks. Joplin is practically my home.  It's where we go to eat and shop because there is nothing actually in the town I live in.
  • Options
    ANDY GO BILL ANOTHER HOUR.  NOW!  NOW! NOW!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The weather is crazy right now.  I'm so thankful that I live in an area where tornados are a rarity and usually don't touch down.  I don't know how I'd handle hearing sirens going off.
  • Options
    I grew up in an area where tornado sirens were the norm every spring, but they never really touched down where I lived.  One small one went right in between the house we lived in and the one we were getting ready to move into, but it didn't do much damage.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-hereevening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8efa4aa9-df67-4153-8075-014491624c64Post:74413ce1-729d-45aa-b2d1-2eab2a9c9e3f">Re: Who's Here/Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I grew up in an area where tornado sirens were the norm every spring, but they never really touched down where I lived. <strong> One small one went right in between the house we lived in and the one we were getting ready to move into, but it didn't do much damage.
    </strong>Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

That is why I think I will never be able to move out of the little valley we live in. That's super scary. 
  • Options
    andy - i had another sale today!  yay!
    Photobucket
  • Options

I saw a tornado from the bar at the Kansas City airport.  awesome
  • Options
    Just got home... 

Worked until 8ish... then we went out.. Our friends wedding is this weekend (DH is in, I'm helping) and it's at a DW for half of the guests.  We have a lot of entertaining to do.  

The b-party is tomorrow.. I can't wait.. I'm not into the 'games' part, but a boat trip to the BVI's is the ultimate b-party.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Right now, FB is recommending that I friend KA.  It makes me laugh.  I haven't had enough wine to request her, though.
  • Options
    MICA!  how have you been?  move coming up soon?  how are things?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Evening ladies!

Tomorrow is my birthday!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Hi Kjb!

I was thinking about you lately.  I made red wine risotto.  It was yummy!

I'm moving in late June.  I just sent in my deposit on the house we're renting.  I'll be living near teachermegs soon.

And I just got my yellow fever vaccination, in preparation for my trip next month to Peru.  Woot!
  • Options
    happy early birthday ciara!  you have any plans?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Happy almost-birthday, Ciara!
  • Options
    shiit, i need to look over the vaccine recs dnb sent me.
    and red wine risotto is one of my most favorite things in the world.  people are always afraid of it since it's purple.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We are going to a Sounders match.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-hereevening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8efa4aa9-df67-4153-8075-014491624c64Post:38774699-da00-450d-8e9a-e14d8d28fe2f">Re: Who's Here/Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening ladies! Tomorrow is my birthday!
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>Happy birthday... 20 minutes early my time..</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards