Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c534d7b0-3951-4db0-adfd-317608419fc1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steffi, I didn't read the thread and I was really going along with what Cfas was saying, I'd do just about anything to protect my pets, but would you really kill a dog for chasing your horses?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would. Dogs chasing stock can cause some pretty serious accidents. I've had two friends lose horses to dogs chasing them, them slipping/hitting something, and having catastrophic injuries.

My mare is older with some issues that make her semi/mostly retired. She deserves to live out her dotage in peace, in my pasture, enjoying not doing much of anything. Chasing my horses while being ridden did cause me to get tossed three times, with no injuries, but I pay out a nice chunk of money for a farm and there's nothing I can do to make the farm useable for me because it's a civil dispute. Not to mention the chasing of the cats, the vet bills from that, mauling me, chasing my horse in his vet exam yesterday, chewing stuff on my porch even with my gate up, crapping on my front walk. Those things piss me off, but chasing stock is an offense that should not be tolerated.

FWIW, I offered to pay a trainer to come out to work with the dog on the horse chasing. The owners declined.

I'm pretty angry at the neighbors and the landlord that would rather be friends with her neighbors/BFF than protect her tenant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:0ab4a55e-631a-48a6-8b94-44788fb2dc30">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steffi I kind of want to kick you in the vagina for being such a complete chucklefuck.  So there's that.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

chucklefuck may just be the best word i've ever seen

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:1cb40e5e-5715-40ab-9bdc-4e898ff59575">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : No, she never said that.  She said she was allowed to have the animals under the condition that weren't a nusiance.  That's why she felt she couldn't go to the authorities, her landlord threatened her with enacting the nusiance clause in the contract and evicting her animals if she complained to animal control.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

The part of this that made no sense to me was, why couldn't she call the authorities and just say SHE didn't like the dog coming into her yard or that she's afraid of dogs or something? She could have left the animals out of it and they still probably would have had to do something about it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:8b19f2cf-497f-4835-bb2a-f473c1c6f6e2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : At midnight. It is my right to be pissed that someone brought a kid to a midnight showing of a movie. No one is saying they're going to go up to the parents and say, "Ha ha. You got what you deserved!"<strong> I don't think anyone thinks the punishment for parents being incredibly insensitive to other people is to shoot the children.</strong>
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Then why bring it up.  Because saying "That's horrible but why were there kids in the theater??" is implying that it's somehow the parents' fault their kids got shot, and if only they'd done what you think they should have then little Billy would be fine.

Nobody would be saying that if it was a zoo, or a mall, or something. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Preface: This is not a flame of you MeganLindsey because I'm pretty certain you were joking, but I've heard this "pot being laced" thing several times around here. Does anyone who claims this shitt have any IRL examples of it? I've smoked more than my fair share of the reef and it's ludicrous to think that any significant portion of it is laced. it's not a pill like x that is of questionable origins. It's a damn plant that comes from the ground. Someone picks it and sells it to you.
    Lizzie
  • Thank you special.  Jeeze.  Kids don't belong at midnight showings at theatres.  It's common courtesy to others around you.  Why can't people just be courteous?

KB - That makes me so sads.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Sorry maybe I should have written more. I laughed because so much of it is true! I read these things that people write and go-seriously are you for real! I always wonder if it just me thinking some people on this site are batshit crazy, but I guess not. I FFF almost every single one of these that have been discussed! The bear mace, if you maced my dog legit I would hunt you down and mace your ass back, and to the no dietary restriction lady-ARE YOU SERIOUS. If someone wrote back that they need a gluten free meal you would say sorry no can do?? A reception is thank you to your guests, so, oh thanks for coming, hope you brought your own food, because even though I could ask my caterer I am not going to bother. Yuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:1a5111b9-36ce-4d02-b9d3-e18bf205f290">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry why would you use bear mace on a dog. Bear mace is what you use if you are being mauled by a bear, you know, if your life is in immenient danger. Not something you use to discourage bad behavior. Buy an airhorn FFS.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

The USPS often issues bear mace to letter carriers in case they encounter a vicious dog (my mom was a letter carrier for years and religiously carried her bear mace, although she never used it).  Its not unheard of, but it certainly doesnt make it right.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:15530f72-0f74-48f2-9d89-05841d4c5639">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : chucklefuck may just be the best word i've ever seen
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]
    YUP.  Love it.

Steffi, like PP said, your horses are not stock.  They are not your livelihood.  While I concur that your landlord is being a douchenozzle, it is his property and he can make the decisions he wants to make with it, especially since he is allowing you to have your animals on the property and making that concession to you. 

Did it ever occur to you how YOU would feel if someone thought your animals were being nuisances and shot one of them, or sprayed them with bear mace?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:7d9ac73a-a58d-4d2c-a8bc-f90ae3ad1bc6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yes, I would. Dogs chasing stock can cause some pretty serious accidents. I've had two friends lose horses to dogs chasing them, them slipping/hitting something, and having catastrophic injuries. My mare is older with some issues that make her semi/mostly retired. She deserves to live out her dotage in peace, in my pasture, enjoying not doing much of anything. Chasing my horses while being ridden did cause me to get tossed three times, with no injuries, but I pay out a nice chunk of money for a farm and there's nothing I can do to make the farm useable for me because it's a civil dispute. Not to mention the chasing of the cats, the vet bills from that, mauling me, chasing my horse in his vet exam yesterday, chewing stuff on my porch even with my gate up, crapping on my front walk. Those things piss me off, but chasing stock is an offense that should not be tolerated. FWIW, I offered to pay a trainer to come out to work with the dog on the horse chasing. The owners declined. I'm pretty angry at the neighbors and the landlord that would rather be friends with her neighbors/BFF than protect her tenant.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, I think you are a POS.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:866cc919-49e8-46c0-ad12-1c16529fc304">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you special.  Jeeze.  <strong>Kids don't belong at midnight showings at theatres.</strong>  <strong>It's common courtesy to others around you.  Why can't people just be courteous?</strong> KB - That makes me so sads.
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

MY ISSUE is not with that, MY ISSUE is with the timing of brinig it up right after a shooting.  TIMING.  That's it. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:7d9ac73a-a58d-4d2c-a8bc-f90ae3ad1bc6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yes, I would. Dogs chasing stock can cause some pretty serious accidents. I've had two friends lose horses to dogs chasing them, them slipping/hitting something, and having catastrophic injuries. My mare is older with some issues that make her semi/mostly retired. She deserves to live out her dotage in peace, in my pasture, enjoying not doing much of anything. Chasing my horses while being ridden did cause me to get tossed three times, with no injuries, but I pay out a nice chunk of money for a farm and there's nothing I can do to make the farm useable for me because it's a civil dispute. Not to mention the chasing of the cats, the vet bills from that, mauling me, chasing my horse in his vet exam yesterday, chewing stuff on my porch even with my gate up, crapping on my front walk. Those things piss me off, but chasing stock is an offense that should not be tolerated. FWIW, I offered to pay a trainer to come out to work with the dog on the horse chasing. The owners declined. I'm pretty angry at the neighbors and the landlord that would rather be friends with her neighbors/BFF than protect her tenant.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>JUST CALL THE MOTHERFUCKING COPS, you DUMBFUCK.

</div>
  • MY GOD just stop typing steffi I literally have no fvcks in me to give about your stupid excuses.

I want to start a fvcck you steffi chant in my office.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:a7b78d0a-345a-4d6e-b11f-1497c12f8300">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]MY GOD just stop typing steffi I literally have no fvcks in me to give about your stupid excuses. I want to start a fvcck you steffi chant in my office.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    I'm picturing you doing this and the blank faces just surrounding you.  It makes me giggle.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:ea174272-c82a-4a13-88c2-ed45d08ec80a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : YUP.  Love it. Steffi, like PP said, your horses are not stock.  They are not your livelihood.  While I concur that your landlord is being a douchenozzle, it is his property and he can make the decisions he wants to make with it, especially since he is allowing you to have your animals on the property and making that concession to you.  Did it ever occur to you how YOU would feel if someone thought your animals were being nuisances and shot one of them, or sprayed them with bear mace?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

If my animals are on your property and you shoot them, I would be devestated, but I would be responsible because I don't follow the laws.

Actually, the stock laws protect both hobby farmers and professional farmers. Even so, last year I was still considered a pro due to the money I earned in the industry.
  • I'm kinda done arguing about the whole babies in movie theatres thing, but I'm enjoying Nuggs taking up the reins. Also I enjoy her use of chucklefuck. The whole bear mace thing will definitely be my lunchtime read.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nuggs, people don't take their kids to the zoo at midnight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:9dc73018-7ff8-4aec-9ecf-566e2bdab7c7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Preface: This is not a flame of you MeganLindsey because I'm pretty certain you were joking, but I've heard this "pot being laced" thing several times around here. Does anyone who claims this shitt have any IRL examples of it? I've smoked more than my fair share of the reef and it's ludicrous to think that any significant portion of it is laced. it's not a pill like x that is of questionable origins. It's a damn plant that comes from the ground. Someone picks it and sells it to you.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

If the pot was laced, then it would have shown up in the toxicolgoy report. The only thing he had in his system was pot it wasn't laced with anyting else.  I wonder if the pot laceing talk is more urban myth than actual happenings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fcuk you steffi clap clap clap clap fcuk you steffi clap clap clap clap
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:52785036-543e-468b-8a4a-55c67643843d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : JUST CALL THE MOTHERFUCKING COPS, you DUMBFUCK.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Can I just say that I love the fact that we can say f*ck now as long as it's attached to other words?

• "Oh, this dog keeps crapping in my yard and chasing my horses. Let me spray him with BEAR MACE."

Steffi how the FUUUUUUCK do you reach that conclusion? Quit defending your decision, you really are just a huge lunatic.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:7d9ac73a-a58d-4d2c-a8bc-f90ae3ad1bc6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yes, I would. Dogs chasing stock can cause some pretty serious accidents. I've had two friends lose horses to dogs chasing them, them slipping/hitting something, and having catastrophic injuries. My mare is older with some issues that make her semi/mostly retired. She deserves to live out her dotage in peace, in my pasture, enjoying not doing much of anything. Chasing my horses while being ridden did cause me to get tossed three times, with no injuries, but I pay out a nice chunk of money for a farm and there's nothing I can do to make the farm useable for me because it's a civil dispute. <strong>Not to mention the chasing of the cats, the vet bills from that, <u>mauling me</u>, chasing my horse in his vet exam yesterday, chewing stuff on my porch even with my gate up, crapping on my front walk.</strong> Those things piss me off, but chasing stock is an offense that should not be tolerated. <strong>FWIW, I offered to pay a trainer to come out to work with the dog on the horse chasing</strong>. The owners declined. I'm pretty angry at the neighbors and the landlord that would rather be friends with her neighbors/BFF than protect her tenant.

The dog <em>mauled</em> you and you still haven't contacted the authorities?! Screw your landlord; why are you continuing to stay there? If this golden retriever has MAULED you, it should be euthanized because human aggression is never okay.

Chasing cats? Chasing horses? Chewing on things. Pooping on the walk. It's a DOG. Those are all NORMAL DOG THINGS.

And you said in the other thread that you offered to have a trainer work a SHOCK COLLAR to train him not to chase horses; I would turn you down too. Do you know how easy it is to damage a dog with e-collar training? Hunting dogs that work on e-collars need a VERY specific temperament and it requires a LOT of time and work to condition a dog to WEARING the collar, let alone trained to obey commands or understand concepts wearing one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c25a2713-f196-4859-bfc6-263d37b8e126">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nobody is saying a baby shouldn't be brought to a movie theater ever. It was the fact that is was a midnight showing of a 3 hour long loud action packed movie (or really any movie) that makes people go "wtf?"  No, I wouldn't think the same thing if it was a mall, because most malls aren't open at midnight <strong>when the child should be at home. </strong>
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

*sigh* One day Americans will stop being so fucking concerned with how other people parent their children all the goddamn time and realize that just because you would do something doesn't mean that it's the only right way to do it.

• aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Holly where the hell did you get it from?
    Lizzie
  • Fuckyeah, you can, Nuggs.

Rosie, I think you should chant out loud.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:4d464543-d482-4356-9c5d-4883111ddf90">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fcuk you steffi clap clap clap clap fcuk you steffi clap clap clap clap
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

The new vlog?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:0704d3ad-d340-4be5-943b-aee732f1de14">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Oh, this dog keeps crapping in my yard and chasing my horses. Let me spray him with BEAR MACE." Steffi how the FUUUUUUCK do you reach that conclusion? Quit defending your decision, you really are just a huge lunatic.
    Posted by kroot87[/QUOTE]

I want to know why bear mace exists. I have watched 4 hours straight of mountain men and none of those motherfuckers have bear mace. They have motherfucking shotguns.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:cf9bbb65-1551-40cd-a4de-a624ba497dfc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : If my animals are on your property and you shoot them, I would be devestated, but I would be responsible because I don't follow the laws. Actually, the stock laws protect both hobby farmers and professional farmers. Even so, last year I was still considered a pro due to the money I earned in the industry.

So why would you want to devestate someone else by shooting their pet? I think someone has already said this, but just because something is legal doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

The quote Meg found from that thread is all I've seen from the thread in question but it made me sick reading it.
  • Build a better fence assmunch. 

Seriously, just stop defending yourself. You suck. We get it.

Rosie I enjoy your chant. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:0b5ad018-e778-4953-b3ef-2ea28c716ceb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Pot can be laced.  I've had laced pot.  I fucking hallucinated from smoking the laced pot.  Pot, on its own, doesn't cause hallucinations.  So yes, pot can absofuckinglutely be laced.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]
    Really? I've never heard of pot being laced IRL. And I've been around a lot of pot. It is possible to hallucinate if it's really strong pot and you're not used to smoking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards