Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    I am not arguing a crime angle at all. Like Cfas, I was going into a separate discussion that was simple spurred off of another. That's it. Also? Angel was certainly not the only one in the deal breakers thread talking about education and college degrees. So that's a dumb thing to pinpoint to her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:6764ef44-01b6-400f-9859-68ab0a8a5f7c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steffi can't be flamed enough for what she said.  I don't care if I'm bandwagoning - she just sucks. IamtheMomma's freakout on Dumdum because Dumdum said "Nice reading comprehension" when IATM misread something was a real overreaction. One other one - the thread where the lawyer studying for the bar asked a question and prefaced it with "I know I should know this, but my brain is on overload from studying for the bar, can anyone help?" I thought it was snotty that the first reply was "Well, you're a lawyer, shouldn't you know as well as any of the rest of the lawyers" by Chels.  She had just admitted she knew she should know but was overthinking it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>Huh.  I missed that one.  </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ya, that whole college degree thing was a little much.  Live outside the box. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:26ce2c55-3024-415a-8bba-123382f3331e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]To me the rating of the movie makes no difference.  And tragedy completely aside, I would be pissed as fvck if I was at a midnight movie and there was a baby there.  Or any showing.  It's a fucking action movie, loud as hell at some points, and chances are slim to none that the baby would make it the whole movie without crying. <strong> Learn some fucking priorities people.  </strong>
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>YES. Years ago, I saw Hannibal in the theater. There were multiple babies there. I was floored.</div>
  • Options
    I flame anyone who says "we get it, Daff hates kids" WE GET THAT YOU FUCKING GET IT. I feel like that term will go down in TK history, it's only been said ten bazillion times.
  • Options
    Team Beach, I'd be PISSED if someone had a baby at a midnight showing of a movie I was obviously stoked for enough to see when it first came out. We can't do anything about what happened now, but people can stop being assholes and bringing their kids to stuff like that or movie theaters need to step it up and say "No babies past x o'clock"
  • Options
    Ya... grocery store =/= scary movie at midnight. 

For one thing, nobody is expecting everyone else to be quiet in a grocery store.  There also isn't usually violence on screen at a grocery store. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:5e3d1a05-6e8e-4cf3-970d-8fe78165a586">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : But the content of the movie is totally beside my point. I COMPLETELY agree that the movie isn't appropriate for kids or that a 3 month old should be at a midnight movie. But the crime argument is just ridiculous. It's a multi-plex in a safe area. No parent is going to think "Oooh  it's nighttime. A psychopathic 24-year-old guy is going to come in and start shooting up the place." <strong>Would your argument be the same if the baby wouldn't sleep so mom took it to the super market to walk around for a bit and pick up some toilet paper?</strong>
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

<div>Well since i don't go to the supermarket to enjoy shopping in peace, or expect ridiculously loud noises for 3 hours in a supermarket, no I wouldn't have the same argument.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:058b7d36-871b-4be7-b50a-77bedb975327">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yeah, ok.  Pot, meet kettle.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for your scintillating contribution.

Let's revisit, you posted this in AYG:

<em>Question: children on airplanes - what age is ok?  Business or pleasure?
    Various posters:  depends on the kid; depends on the parenting; adults can be/usually are more annoying and disgusting.
    Daff:  babies are fuuucking disgusting and shouldn't be seen in public.  Ever.  Because they schiiit EVERYWHERE, CONSTANTLY.
    Various posters:  changing a diaper on the lavatory floor is disgusting and logistically impossible.
    Daff:  babies are fuuucking disgusting and shouldn't be seen in public.  Ever.  Diapers can NEVER be changed discreetly or without fecal matter flying all over the place.  We should all lie down on the lavatory floor.
    Star:  WTF???

rinse, repeat. </em>

I NEVER said anything about babies not belonging in public, ever. I don't think that. There are appropriate places for babies in public. What I said is that changing a diaper in the seats is a gross thing to do.

Way to go over the deep end, loon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:e6322d28-3011-4da9-a774-e68ef320849f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame anyone who says "we get it, Daff hates kids" WE GET THAT YOU FUCKING GET IT. I feel like that term will go down in TK history, it's only been said ten bazillion times.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. I think saying someone hates kids is pretty insulting. I have no doubt that Daff hates douchey parents who think their children are somehow  more deserving than any other member of society, but she doesn't blame the kids. They don't know better.</div>
  • Options
    Here, want my asshole comment of the day?  I said earlier maybe the 3 month old was crying and thats what caused a Batman super fan to go into a shooting rampage.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:a8f84063-076b-4d86-a189-05114eea4442">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ya, that whole college degree thing was a little much.  Live outside the box. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

All I kept thinking was Goodwill Hunting.
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I don't get being upset at Daff and acting like that just because she doesn't want kids and doesn't enjoy being around inconsiderate parents.  Seriously?  Grow up. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:9b6cf739-0dd8-485b-a520-a11741679c26">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dunno, I flame lespaul and star for being thunderdouches on SB earlier this week. Granted, I was sort of asking for it, but they were acting way douchier than me.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh. Seriously? You thunder in to SB and basically make the claim that moms on planes should change their babies on the floor of an airplane bathroom so you can be spared ever being near a dirty diaper and we are the bad guys for calling you a jerk?

Please. If you are going to spout of stupidity, expect to be called out on it. Crying about it here after the fact just makes you pathetic.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:e6322d28-3011-4da9-a774-e68ef320849f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame anyone who says "we get it, Daff hates kids" WE GET THAT YOU FUCKING GET IT. I feel like that term will go down in TK history, it's only been said ten bazillion times.
    I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:a5c2617b-3315-4471-9ff0-f69011105855">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : No, because that's a totally different scenario. A mother taking her infant to a Safeway at 9pm is completely different than taking your infant to a scary-fvkcking movie at midnight.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I was talking about snippy's specific point about crime being higher at night.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:2e8a7d91-f5e1-4abf-af8f-b306f23b4197">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This makes me laugh. Seriously? You thunder in to SB and basically make the claim that moms on planes should change their babies on the floor of an airplane bathroom so you can be spared ever being near a dirty diaper and we are the bad guys for calling you a jerk? Please. If you are going to spout of stupidity, expect to be called out on it. Crying about it here after the fact just makes you pathetic.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't get how those little changing pads are pefectly capable of protecting the seat from poop, but they're not sufficient to protect a baby from being changed on a closed toilet seat.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, babies poop. Everybody poops. I get it. I have sympathy for parents who are overwhelmed or trying to deal with their children in public. However, I'm going to be fucking pissed if someone changes a diaper right next to me. I do not understand how some people in that discussion could not seem to understand that a significant number of people find changing a diaper in the aisle or on a seat DISGUSTING.</div>
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:2e8a7d91-f5e1-4abf-af8f-b306f23b4197">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This makes me laugh. Seriously? You thunder<strong>in to SB</strong> and basically make the claim that moms on planes should change their babies on the floor of an airplane bathroom so you can be spared ever being near a dirty diaper and we are the bad guys for calling you a jerk? Please. If you are going to spout of stupidity, expect to be called out on it. Crying about it here after the fact just makes you pathetic.

I think this is pretty irrelevant. You don't fucking own SB and she can thunder in wherever she wants.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:8a85637f-40c3-4d92-81a0-e5e7c850aef8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I think this is pretty irrelevant. You don't fucking own SB and she can thunder in wherever she wants.

Of course she can. Thunder away. What I find pathetic is going to ONE board to start sh*t and whining about it on another.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I really want to know the percentage of airplanes whose WCs don't have a changing table.
  • Options
    I knew I'd be flamed today. It's an all around bad situation and one I'll be happy to leave. I do own that it's not a good way to deal with the situation.

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    I like babies. Changing diapers doesn't bother me. Changing a diaper in front of someone on a plane when it can easily be avoided is disgusting.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:008ac90b-52fc-4781-9e74-4c553a3d1040">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't get how those little changing pads are pefectly capable of protecting the seat from poop, but they're not sufficient to protect a baby from being changed on a closed toilet seat. Yes, babies poop. Everybody poops. I get it. I have sympathy for parents who are overwhelmed or trying to deal with their children in public. <strong>However, I'm going to be fucking pissed if someone changes a diaper right next to me</strong>. <strong>I do not understand how some people in that discussion could not seem to understand that a significant number of people find changing a diaper in the aisle or on a seat DISGUSTING.
    </strong>Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And I think people would feel differently if say, an elderly person had to get their diaper changed right next to them. But THAT would be gross because it's not a precious little baby.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:2e8a7d91-f5e1-4abf-af8f-b306f23b4197">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This makes me laugh. Seriously? You thunder in to SB and basically make the claim that moms on planes should change their babies on the floor of an airplane bathroom so you can be spared ever being near a dirty diaper and we are the bad guys for calling you a jerk? Please. If you are going to spout of stupidity, expect to be called out on it. Crying about it here after the fact just makes you pathetic.
    I will agree that I sort of "thundered in" - it wasn't my intent, though. I'd said the previous evening over here that I'd been meaning to drop by SB more often. E was slow that day, so I moseyed over. I posted in the pot smoking thread, realized it was dead, so went into the active thread. It probably wasn't the best-advised place to turn up, since I get riled up about douchey parents, I'll give you that.

But there's nothing "stupid" about having a problem about people changing diapers in an eating/sitting area.

I'mn "crying about it here" because it was abundantly clear that no one was interested in rehashing it in AYG.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    Oh I forgot about the Steffi mace thing. CN someone? What happened? I obviously missed that.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:008ac90b-52fc-4781-9e74-4c553a3d1040">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't get how those little changing pads are pefectly capable of protecting the seat from poop, but they're not sufficient to protect a baby from being changed on a closed toilet seat. Yes, babies poop. Everybody poops. I get it. I have sympathy for parents who are overwhelmed or trying to deal with their children in public. However, I'm going to be fucking pissed if someone changes a diaper right next to me. I do not understand how some people in that discussion could not seem to understand that a significant number of people find changing a diaper in the aisle or on a seat DISGUSTING.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I am not rehashing the substance of that post again. Posters clearly explained all of the above on multiple occassions during that thread. No one said baby poop smelled like flowers and looked like rainbows.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:6d708ca6-afb8-4af7-b2ca-499750362ac7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like babies. Changing diapers doesn't bother me. Changing a diaper in front of someone on a plane when it can easily be avoided is disgusting.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

<div>Pretend I said this, too. </div>
  • Options
    Even he press thought it was a big deal, or they wouldn't have reported on it. They could have just said 50 people injured and left it at that, but they didn't. They felt the need to point out an age, making it a big deal.
  • Options
    I am glad there are sensible people over here in regards to the baby at a midnight showing thing.

Beach- I laughed (on the inside) at your asshole comment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:94b44a7a-6d1a-4128-abfe-b76a882dda25">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I will agree that I sort of "thundered in" - it wasn't my intent, though. I'd said the previous evening over here that I'd been meaning to drop by SB more often. E was slow that day, so I moseyed over. I posted in the pot smoking thread, realized it was dead, so went into the active thread. It probably wasn't the best-advised place to turn up, since I get riled up about douchey parents, I'll give you that. But there's nothing "stupid" about having a problem about people changing diapers in an eating/sitting area. <strong>I'mn "crying about it here" because it was abundantly clear that no one was interested in rehashing it in AYG.</strong>
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Because the conversation happened and is over. Bringing it up again here, on another board, means you are just looking for either sympathy, support, or drama. Or maybe all three.

my book shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards