Wedding Etiquette Forum

Chit chat, anyone?

Re: Chit chat, anyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:29d08480-cf6c-4125-a72c-feaea3be2010">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit chat, anyone? : Thanks! I actually plan on being a <strong>full time nanny for the next year</strong>while I study and take the GRE and go to grad school for nutrition. I think with the psych and child development background I would love to do prenatal and child nutrition. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

So am I understanding you got the job? Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That makes sense, Beachy.  Yay for guns as accessories!  Ha.  I want to competition shoot some day, and I don't think I'd get taken seriously with a pink gun, though I do gaze at them lovingly.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Petal, not yet. I have had a few interviews already though and have only been applying to full time nanny positions for a week so I'm hoping my odds are good. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:29d08480-cf6c-4125-a72c-feaea3be2010">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit chat, anyone? : Thanks! I actually plan on being a full time nanny for the next year while I study and take the GRE and go to grad school for nutrition. I think with the psych and child development background I would love to do prenatal and child nutrition. 

Oh fun!  I was a full time nanny all through college and I loved it!
  • H always made a joke about a burglar being shot by a pink gun would get made fun of wherever he went because he was killed by a pink gun.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • J&K - Just get really awesome at your gun skills and they'll take you seriously no matter what color your gun is. 
  • J, what midge said!
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:65985899-acdf-4ed5-861a-14bcc5122398">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes sense, Beachy.  Yay for guns as accessories!  Ha.  I want to competition shoot some day, and <strong>I don't think I'd get taken seriously with a pink gun</strong>, though I do gaze at them lovingly.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that would make it soo much sweeter when you won! </div>
  • That sounds like a cool field, Aryn. 

• Haha, good point, ladies.  I guess I never thought of it like that!

• zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone.
    Back from a weekend away which was exhausting but fun. Doing laundry, and i think we're going out for dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh hey everyone. We're talking about guns in here? H finally got one. He was so excited. He has yet to take me shooting though. That is the plan soon. Just a matter of finding the time to do it. The only day we can is a saturday and i don't want to spend any Saturday not at the beach/pool. 

Now I'm just sitting here waiting for dinner to be done cooking. I don't want to work tomorrow. 
  • Aryn - Well then that is a pre-congratulations. That means it will happen. Good luck.

Anyone else looking to watch the Hatfields & McCoys on History? It's not my typical viewing but I interested in watching it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely agree that it would be even more badass if you won with a pink gun J.  However if you didn't win the reason would always be blamed on the pink gun by every guy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:29d08480-cf6c-4125-a72c-feaea3be2010">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit chat, anyone? : Thanks! I actually plan on being a full time nanny for the next year while I study and take the GRE and go to grad school for nutrition. I think with the psych and child development background I would love to do prenatal and child nutrition. 
    Good luck! I start my RD internship next month going for orientation Thur! I adore the program and grad school ALMOST DONE!
  • Work tomorrow is going to be interesting. I am scheduled to be a club card ambassador and help people with the addition of the new savings program. It means I will be spending a lot of the day on the phone with the help center. I'm really not looking forward to it.
  • Evening!

Today was a short work day, my manager over scheduled me this week so I was able to leave early, but I have super long days tomorrow & the day after. Not looking forward to that.

Booked our camping trip for FI & my birthdays today yay!

My friend told me that a close of hers whose getting married had asked a bunch of friends to do engagement shoots for them (to photograph them engagement photo style). So they will be having like 7 different people on different days doing shoots for them. None of them have any photography background. I thought it was kind of a cute idea (not something i would ask my friends to do) but its also really stressful & not something I would be comfortable doing. I would be way to stressed out that the photos I take wont turn out well. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping that is how it goes too bree. I just don't like spending time on the phone talking to people I don't know.
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Bree - hah I agree! FI thinks the engagement shoot is going to be so awkward, he just sees it as something he has to do haha. I would never be able to get him to do it twice, yet along 7 times. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good evening! Guns chat, huh? I used to shoot a lot growin up. I was awesome at paintball in my teen years because of it. I haven't gone shooting in a long time though. No guns o my own. But I would like to get my pistol permit at some point. We cleaned the apt today and I napped. This weekend was great and tiring with all the kayaking and hiking and boozing.
  • Petal, FI and my dad are both taping that so my guess I'll catch some of it. History shows aren't normally my thing but it looks pretty well done and interesting.
  • Hi!  I just finished doing my banking.  

I haven't gotten anything else done that I wanted to do today though.  Oh well.  Better luck tomorrow ;).
  • Good evening! FI just got home from having dinner at the Japanese steakhouse. Our waiter had a scottish accent and he was awesome. I prefer revolvers. I tried a few different kinds that my Dad has but I was most accurate with those.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to Re:Chit chat, anyone?:[QUOTE]Aryn Well then that is a precongratulations. That means it will happen. Good luck.Anyone else looking to watch the Hatfields amp; McCoys on History? It's not my typical viewing but I interested in watching it. Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

We have the whole series set to record but we are going to watch it right away. FI is a huge history buff and I think it looks awesome.
    imageVacation
  • I was going to go deposit a check I got for my birthday today and then I remembered that it was a holiday and the banks are closed. The one I use I don't have deposit slips for since they don't use them so I couldn't just deposit it in the box.
  • C - I always think of errands to do on days off like go to the bank or the post office. Then I remember it's a holiday, usually after I drive there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hi all!  our power was just out for a little over an hour.  thank god it came back on - it's still about 90 out.  nothing exciting going on here.
    aryn - was it you who asked for a link to my shop the other day?
    Photobucket
  • KJB, yes it was! Both me and my mother love vintage kitchen stuff so I feel like your shop could easily be etsy heaven for me. 
  • ok, i sent you a PM.  don't want anyone calling 'vendor vendor vendor" :)
    Photobucket
  • Hey all. I'm cuddled in my popasan chair waiting for J to finish building whatever he's building in the garage, so that we can make dinner. My night class starts tomorrow and I'm already regretting my decision to register for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards