Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions.

Re: Confessions.

• Options
    Can I come in too? *shoegaze*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I could never eat a meal in a bathroom stall for fear of poo mist.
  • Options
    I think part of the cliqueyness, frankly, is the "these newbs are so annoying."  Everyone is a newbie at some point, and to keep reading reg after reg chime in on how bored they are with the board now and how much better things used to be and how annoying all the new people are doesn't really do much to alleviate the cliquey-ness of the place. 

Perhaps that's a different form of cliquey-ness, but there it is. 

My confession:  I still really miss smoking, esp. now that the weather is nice and spending time outdoors is pleasant. 

My other confession:  I am a little afraid of posting the first part of this post. 
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:5add7fe1-fe4a-4352-9f12-989a64b152a4">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like this board feels more cliquey than ever.  Now, I don't really care but I sometimes get a vibe that there is a popular girls' table out there and I can guarantee you that I am still eating lunch in the big stall in the bathroom.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

See. I definitely feel this too, but I would put you, Amoro and Moose at the table. I'm pretty sure I'd be eating in the bathroom.
  • Options
    SWEET.  Are you saying that the bathroom stall is the new cool kids' lunch spot??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:3cbe2ac8-f430-4902-912c-ecfd2c74ce4a">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I could never eat a meal in a bathroom stall for fear of poo mist.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather today, that just means your lunch will have a hint of maple syrup flavor, no?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:c73ac3d7-11f0-46bd-a7c9-23b12974d3ab">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think part of the cliqueyness, frankly, is the "these newbs are so annoying."  Everyone is a newbie at some point, and to keep reading reg after reg chime in on how bored they are with the board now and how much better things used to be and how annoying all the new people are doesn't really do much to alleviate the cliquey-ness of the place.  Perhaps that's a different form of cliquey-ness, but there it is.  My confession:  I still really miss smoking, esp. now that the weather is nice and spending time outdoors is pleasant.  My other confession:  I am a little afraid of posting the first part of this post. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I confess when you first started posting you got on my nerves, but I kind of like you now.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    OhWhyNot, if you're still here in a year, you'll still hear about how annoying the newbs are. That's just how it goes. Newbs are always annoying.
  • Options
    Also, I'm disappointed in an ex.  He's so cool, and he is marrying a girl with zero personality. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:00646eaf-7daa-4a3c-85e3-53a156500ef1">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions. : From what I can gather today, that just means your lunch will have a hint of maple syrup flavor, no?
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I confess that I don't get this.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:c73ac3d7-11f0-46bd-a7c9-23b12974d3ab">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think part of the cliqueyness, frankly, is the "these newbs are so annoying."  Everyone is a newbie at some point, and to keep reading reg after reg chime in on how bored they are with the board now and how much better things used to be and how annoying all the new people are doesn't really do much to alleviate the cliquey-ness of the place.  Perhaps that's a different form of cliquey-ness, but there it is. 

Yeah, I can see what you're saying.  Admittedly, the board WAS totally different when I first started posting. I was flamed from one side of the board to the other.  The stuff now is so flameful it's ridiculous, but it's all touchy feely now.  But, I think that newbs should be given a chance to at least get over their newbishness.

Now, someone runs in and says they are getting married before their divorced... that's a different story. lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:3cbe2ac8-f430-4902-912c-ecfd2c74ce4a">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I could never eat a meal in a bathroom stall for fear of poo mist.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

I confess that I automatically feel closer to you because of this. Nobody else seems to understand and fear the fecal mist (except for Sarahnumbers). :)

I confess that I also don't really know what's up with this board sometimes. I find myself checking in and then backing out of scary threads (like the We Get It one today). And all the random trolls have made it more crazy. It's like I'm not as sure of who to trust around here anymore. As much as internet strangers can be trusted, that is.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:02d8542f-6d94-44b9-bef2-aeedc1a28417">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions. :  Now, someone runs in and says they are getting married before their divorced... that's a different story. lol
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

<div>This was hands down my favorite post of the week so far.</div>
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:c73ac3d7-11f0-46bd-a7c9-23b12974d3ab">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think part of the cliqueyness, frankly, is the "these newbs are so annoying."  Everyone is a newbie at some point, and to keep reading reg after reg chime in on how bored they are with the board now and how much better things used to be and how annoying all the new people are doesn't really do much to alleviate the cliquey-ness of the place.</strong>  Perhaps that's a different form of cliquey-ness, but there it is.  My confession:  I still really miss smoking, esp. now that the weather is nice and spending time outdoors is pleasant.  My other confession:  I am a little afraid of posting the first part of this post. 

I completely agree with this. Some of the regs have been really nice to me, and others ignore me completely. I don't believe anyone has said anything bad about me, but, I still feel awkward posting on this board at time. I just hate how sunny my wedding board is and like to come here for people who are more "real".

Confession: I haven't done much work today because my boss is on vacation.
  • Options
    I confess I think H has lost his mind. He is currently outdoors with the vacuum trying to suck up those Asian fake ladybugs because apparently that makes more sense than going to buy some kind of pesticide. I gave up on being human, these things are invading our house.

Also, I confess that there are a few people (who I normally really like) who have been saying these things or a version of these things and it's driving me crazy:
    - suchandsuch is really frowned upon here, but you look like you'll do ok
    -just do this and you'll fit in juuusst fiiine around here
    -we really don't take well to .... on this board
    etc.

Who died and made you the queen? Even if we do "frown upon" certain things, telling someone that isn't going to make them any less dumb or any more cool. Just wait and see if people are idiots or not. If they are, flame away. If not, it's not because you told them how to behave to be cool.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options

Blamecanada is poking the fires today and she compared maple syrup to poo. In the We Get It thread. I don't blame you for not reading it. I kind of wish I hadn't.

My confession: I haven't done anything since lunch, when I checked my pay statement and my raise showed up. $5/week. FUCKYOU. I'm going to read the news and play on my phone now.

• Options
    This would definitely be me if this board had a lunch table.

I do agree that people have been far too touchy here lately.
  • Options
    Apparently, Amoro.  I had no idea.  BTW the thought of being popular tickles the cockles of my heart (or does it warm them?  Whatever).

I do think I would disagree with that statement, Cew.  I don't think that I have ever been one to pull a chair up to that table, but, my dear, if you are not there now, someone is saving a spot for you.

Salt-you are far too popular for lunch in the bathroom.  However, you might just be at the tan girls' table.

(also, the bathroom stall reference is from the movie Clockwatchers.  It's not fair to claim that genius myself.)

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:17cdce61-03e4-4a51-91b4-0c1cc39c8b21">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions. : I completely agree with this. Some of the regs have been really nice to me, and others ignore me completely. 
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't really know anything about you, but your kid is adorable. </div>
  • Options
    I confess that I got a titch teary eyed when I went to McDonalds just for a shamrock shake and the damn machine was broken. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:537cce7a-3154-49a0-9057-0e3afbedff42">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions. : I don't really know anything about you, but your kid is adorable. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Really, that's all you need to know. :)
  • Options
    Re: all the newb/reg/clique crap:  newbs will always be annoying.  Regs will always get into cliques.  And if you think people don't notice the one you're in - you're nuts. 

I've been posting here actively for a year, and I think I just got to Reg about 2 months ago.  I'm pretty sure I'll get kicked out of the girls room if I try to eat there, but somebody gave me this orange box on the left & it works like a battering ram.  ;)  Somebody make room at a table somewhere.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In regards to poo-mist...I agree that I couldn't eat in the bathroom.

Maybe I'll just pull a DJ Tanner and eat in the phonebooth in the lunchroom and pretend I'm calling someone.

Don't remember that one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kqT5RrWyo

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:1e93bd21-0aac-4c66-9134-01cce0099a4f">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I got a titch teary eyed when I went to McDonalds just for a shamrock shake and the damn machine was broken. 
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]

That is really sad.
  • Options
    I confess I hate CNs @ the beginning of someone's post and I don't remember who declared it a rule that it's done that way but they were wrong, we didn't take a vote. 

CNs at the beginning is akin to a spoiler.  Sometimes I read on and sometimes I don't. Granted sometimes I wish I hadn't wasted my time, but for the most part, CNs at the beginning suck.
  • Options
    Not knot related: I confess I'm in way over my head on this 5k next Saturday.  I'm in worse shape than I thought.  Looks like I'll be walking most of that bad boy.
  • Options
    I'm not eating today because I have my first dress fitting and for some reason it makes me feel like I will fit better in my dress eventhough I know it's not going to make a difference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:df12fd6c-784f-4d09-9217-29e1f0e0feff">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not eating today because I have my first dress fitting and for some reason it makes me feel like I will fit better in my dress eventhough I know it's not going to make a difference.
    Posted by mrsamyjones[/QUOTE]

And it slows your metabolism.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6892a3-8507-4342-92e3-c11d69bdac3cPost:baeb27c8-6d92-4c4f-9048-94bca42b8e95">Re: Confessions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I hate CNs @ the beginning of someone's post and I don't remember who declared it a rule that it's done that way but they were wrong, we didn't take a vote.  CNs at the beginning is akin to a spoiler.  Sometimes I read on and sometimes I don't. Granted sometimes I wish I hadn't wasted my time, but for the most part, CNs at the beginning suck.
    Posted by Andrea_Lea[/QUOTE]

Andrea, was there really a rule about this? I thought it was some arbitrary rule that bbycakes made up and got flamed for. It's funny that there would be a rule about it, but it makes sense to have them at the end like you say. I just find them wherever they are if the post is too long and see if I want to read more or not.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I had a sandwich around noon. Then my company bought us lunch so I had Quiznos. Trying to avoid eating the cake.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards