Wedding Etiquette Forum

Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"

12346»

Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"

• [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" : Young brides aren't the norm here, most people agree it's a bad idea to marry so young.  <strong>I think if you can't drink champagne to toast at your own wedding, you're too young to get married. </strong> Are you going to drink sparkling grape juice while the of-age guests drink alcohol?
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]
    That's pretty arbitrary. And on the flip side, one could argue that if you're old enough to enlist for your country, you're old enough to get married.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polite-way-say-bring-stripper-will-injure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b37175dc-c6b1-476b-9b36-3e7895b364e9Post:14a39899-4674-489f-bf60-7a2156fc5cc6">Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" : As a 20 year old bride I find this comment laughable at best, offensive at worst. 
    Posted by Ready2BMrsWade[/QUOTE]

Based on the amount of people that I know that are on their second marriages now because they got married so young, I stand by my comment.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polite-way-say-bring-stripper-will-injure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b37175dc-c6b1-476b-9b36-3e7895b364e9Post:2376244e-284a-4c37-abaf-2be88adbdc51">Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's pretty arbitrary. And on the flip side, one could argue that if you're old enough to enlist for your country, you're old enough to get married.
    Posted by kathrynhabibti[/QUOTE]
    Think about it, we can get drafted to defend our country and attack other countries, but we can't drink champagne at our own weddings.
    Anyway, the drinking age was lowered to 18 a few years ago, but this shouldn't mean that the age of marriage should be raised. They don't go hand-in-hand with each other.
    While I do think people should wait until they are ready to get married, I don't think booze for the bride is a good argument for waiting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polite-way-say-bring-stripper-will-injure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b37175dc-c6b1-476b-9b36-3e7895b364e9Post:14a39899-4674-489f-bf60-7a2156fc5cc6">Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" : As a 20 year old bride I find this comment laughable at best, offensive at worst.  Op, I totally agree with the PPs, just tell them you aren't paying for room with a stripper and if they want to have one they can pay for the hotel room.\
    Posted by Ready2BMrsWade[/QUOTE]

You should probably get used to the comments about it, because many people feel strongly about not getting married that young.  I don't think it has anything to do with drinking, just your maturity level in general.  I was a completely different person at 19 than I am now.  Also I'm different than at 21, and even 24.  When I was 21 I dated a guy that I loved and was convinced we would get married.  A year later I couldn't stand him and realized how wrong he was for me.  Your life changes so much in those years between college and careers, and thats why I would never recommend making such a life changing decision that young.  Also, I'm a military wife and see 18 y/o getting married all the time for the wrong reasons, and divorced within a few years.  So don't be offended by people giving solid advice.  If everything works out for you, I couldn't be happier for you.  But I've just seen way too many young marriages that don't.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I try not to side eye youngin's getting married because I don't want to be a judgy person but it's hard. How I see it is that serving our country and making a decision to get married shouldn't be compared. At 18 I think I would be able to make a practical and intelligent decision as to if I should serve my country based on who I was at that point in my life. I don't think I could have made a smart decision at that age to choose a husband. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polite-way-say-bring-stripper-will-injure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b37175dc-c6b1-476b-9b36-3e7895b364e9Post:62f3a965-c60f-442b-8041-1655fdb5b381">Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" :<strong> Think about it, we can get drafted to defend our country and attack other countries, but we can't drink champagne at our own weddings. </strong>Anyway, the drinking age was lowered to 18 a few years ago, but this shouldn't mean that the age of marriage should be raised. They don't go hand-in-hand with each other. While I do think people should wait until they are ready to get married, I don't think booze for the bride is a good argument for waiting.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't see the logic of that either. I was just pointing out that I didn't think the drinking age argument was a valid one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polite-way-say-bring-stripper-will-injure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b37175dc-c6b1-476b-9b36-3e7895b364e9Post:81d50662-3fc2-417b-9f92-893658323119">Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" : Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't see the logic of that either. I was just pointing out that I didn't think the drinking age argument was a valid one.
    Posted by kathrynhabibti[/QUOTE]
    I was agreeing with you, but I edited and redited my post so many times before hitting submit, that I probably didn't express myself as well as I should have lol.

There are reasons as to why someone should probably wait to get married, booze isn't really a good reason.
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polite way to say "if you bring a stripper I will injure you?" : I was agreeing with you, but I edited and redited my post so many times before hitting submit, that I probably didn't express myself as well as I should have lol. There are reasons as to why someone should probably wait to get married, booze isn't really a good reason.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]
    OH oops! I thought you were agreeing in general but maybe not entirely on board with my defending the country logic. But looking back at it I can see that you were. My mistake. Am up far too late ;^)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards