Wedding Etiquette Forum

I Judge

It may be too early for this, but I'm bored.

Yesterday, I saw not one, but two dogs that were chained up. They were in the shade, but it was in public. What if someone tried to hurt the dogs?

I definitely judge that.

Re: I Judge

• I judge a mod on another board for freaking out about anything that remotely sniffs of anything "drama" and then she goes on a rampage, deletes it, and tells everyone to stop acting up.  Umm... ok..... If you find it that stressful, just stop being a mod.
  • Amoro, I hate mods that just delete stuff that they deem "inappropriate/dramatic"

Are we in kindergarten?
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I judge H's parents for not sending us the disc for our wedding pictures yet, which means I won't have the HD disc until after the honeymoon and move.
  • I judge all of the parents in Disney World who pushed their children in strollers that were waaaay too old to be in strollers.  For example, if the child has to curl up in the fetal position just to fit in the stroller they shouldn't be in there.  Hence why they don't fit.  Andy and I couldn't believe these people!  I would have been embarrassed as a 12 year old to be pushed in a stroller!
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • I judge people who don't get their feet done in the summer but INSIST on wearing sandals. No one wants to see your crusty toes. If you can't afford to get them done @ a shop, do them @ home.

I also judge any knottie who is always saying that she doesn't have to pay a cent for her wedding. So what???

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I judge the parent who was pushing a stroller yesterday in the 102 degree heat that didn't have a cover on it, and the baby didn't have a hat on.  Real smart.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:6b1fa877-b4e7-41c6-8a4f-0256bed132a9">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge all of the parents in Disney World who pushed their children in strollers that were waaaay too old to be in strollers.  For example, if the child has to curl up in the fetal position just to fit in the stroller they shouldn't be in there.  Hence why they don't fit.  Andy and I couldn't believe these people!  I would have been embarrassed as a 12 year old to be pushed in a stroller!
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]

THIS! I took my dauther to Disney World in 2008. She was 3 and we never got her a stroller. We went to 3 parks and she walked all of them like a trooper!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:2f8b0de7-693e-4ee4-b3e8-6c21af8c2f05">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge : THIS! I took my dauther to Disney World in 2008. She was 3 and we never got her a stroller. We went to 3 parks and she walked all of them like a trooper!
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  You give me hope for the world! 

I also saw way too many infants without hats or proper cover from the sun on.  Babies cannot lay next to you in the open sun, people!  Cripes!
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Andy, I feel ya on the stroller thing.

Since we were there at Christmas, it was extra-super-busy and there were strollers BLEEPING everywhere, for serious.

H and I vowed then that we wouldn't take our kids to WDW until they can walk all day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:8d791459-6acb-4ff3-a06d-4661a958f3e6">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who don't get their feet done in the summer but INSIST on wearing sandals. No one wants to see your crusty toes. If you can't afford to get them done @ a shop, do them @ home. I also judge any knottie who is always  saying that she doesn't have to pay a cent for her wedding. So what???
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

<div>I am consistently working out, and find it to be a waste of time to go get my nails done and go swim a mile in a lake that afternoon or do a long road ride that night.  Sure, when I'm going out or have something planned I get them done, but not everybody has time in the day to worry about what others think about their feet.</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:671891af-143f-4222-9b68-4adf02ede244">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andy, I feel ya on the stroller thing. Since we were there at Christmas, it was extra-super-busy and there were strollers BLEEPING everywhere, for serious. H and I vowed then that we wouldn't take our kids to WDW until they can walk all day.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 

I also judge people who bring a plethora of toys and snacks for their kids while they are at church.  It's an HOUR.  Your child can deal with not eating for an hour and they can certainly live with not playing with toys for an hour. 

And, (I've really got my judgey pants on today) I judge people who were feeding their children ice cream at 10:30 am.  I know it's hot.  Give them water.  No wonder they were having meltdowns by noon.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:99d09d84-4e71-4d2b-a6d9-8fdbdb2e6c75">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge : I am consistently working out, and find it to be a waste of time to go get my nails done and go swim a mile in a lake that afternoon or do a long road ride that night.  Sure, when I'm going out or have something planned I get them done, but not everybody has time in the day to worry about what others think about their feet.
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

As long as they aren't nasty it's not a big deal.  It's the people with the crusty feet and long, yellow toenails that are gross.  If you are one of those people please take 5 minutes and do it yourself. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • I will say that when I take my nephew to church, I usually bring a snack (and put it in a non-noisy container) and a couple of toys. But he's 4. If he were 7, it'd be a different story.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:99d09d84-4e71-4d2b-a6d9-8fdbdb2e6c75">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge : I am consistently working out, and find it to be a waste of time to go get my nails done and go swim a mile in a lake that afternoon or do a long road ride that night.  Sure, when I'm going out or have something planned I get them done, but not everybody has time in the day to worry about what others think about their feet.
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

I would hope that your feet don't look like you have been kicking rocks though. I saw a lady yesterday and it looked like she carved rockes with her toes! I am not saying done as in polished and the big toe designed, but at least not crusty.
  • I judge the idiots that manage my apartment complex for not properly maintaining our air conditioning unit (they admitted to it) AND making us wait 5 days during the hottest week of the year while they fuuck around with getting "approvals" to buy us a new one. FFS just install the damn thing. Ours won't even turn on. It's obviously dead.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:b07d2782-27f3-4987-a4eb-c373cb374287">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge : As long as they aren't nasty it's not a big deal.  It's the people with the crusty feet and long, yellow toenails that are gross.  If you are one of those people please take 5 minutes and do it yourself. 
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol obviously.  I take the time to make sure my feet are clean and non-fungal!  </div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I judge people that have designer purses, a new cell high-tech phone every 3 months and live in a really crappy apartment/house.

I also judge those people that brag about always having the latest cell phone and designer bags.

But people who are severely materialistic kind of bother me.
  • I also judge bad parents. That include a wide range of people.

Yesterday, I took my mom to a few car dealerships because she's looking for a new car, and when we were going to leave, a couple was standing there with only one of their children, when I know I saw two just a few minutes earlier. I never even found the other kid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:03f64fa4-851b-4c8a-b129-3d0b606f1045">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amoro, I hate mods that just delete stuff that they deem "inappropriate/dramatic" Are we in kindergarten?
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Apparently we are.  And she's blaming all the "trouble" and "drama" on me.

</div>
  • Oh, Jess - I seriously judge my next door neighbor for mistreating their poor dog.  They have a large, fenced backyard, but keep the poor guy on a 6 foot chain at the back door.  He's a lab, but never gets exercise, never gets walked, so he's bored and he barks a lot.  Their solution?  Open the back door and yell at him.  It's not his fault he's barking, people!  How about a little attention and exercise?  Ugh.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:a191d5fb-bc2e-41a4-a2f4-40ae04633eb9">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will say that when I take my nephew to church, I usually bring a snack (and put it in a non-noisy container) and a couple of toys. But he's 4. If he were 7, it'd be a different story.

I still judge.  Unless your church goes for a few hours (some do!) then the kid can and should handle it. You're just enabling their negative behavior. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:eee92ed3-c585-4452-90ad-0877a9cad478">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people that have designer purses, a new cell high-tech phone every 3 months and live in a really crappy apartment/house. I also judge those people that brag about always having the latest cell phone and designer bags. But people who are severely materialistic kind of bother me.

Yes, this.  I judge the couple that has matching Jaguars parked in front of their trailers on what used to be my ride home everyday.  They have the fanciest cars in the trailer park!  This is wrong, but I always think they must be drug dealers or something. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • I judge parents for bringing their infants and toddlers to a nice, fancy resort. we were on our honeymoon, and we knew it was a family resort, but we were shocked at the number of strollers with really little children in them. these parents are paying all of this money for a nice resort, paid extra money to check their strollers and car seats, and the kids aren't even old enough to remember the vacation, much less appreciate it. family vacations when I was little entitled going to Galveston beach an hour and a half away, or to the lake.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • CarterBaileyCarterBailey member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:eee92ed3-c585-4452-90ad-0877a9cad478">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people that have designer purses, a new cell high-tech phone every 3 months and live in a really crappy apartment/house. I also judge those people that brag about always having the latest cell phone and designer bags. But people who are severely materialistic kind of bother me.

huh. 

When I graduated college and was living on my own, I had a small "crappy" apartment.  I was working a ton of hours and was rarely even at my apartment.  I would much rather my hard earned money go toward an expensive phone and clothes.  I don't find that materialistic, just that someone's priorities are different.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:13b0e30f-63a8-43c6-9982-579adbd6e957">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge parents for bringing their infants and toddlers to a nice, fancy resort. we were on our honeymoon, and we knew it was a family resort, but we were shocked at the number of strollers with really little children in them. these parents are paying all of this money for a nice resort, paid extra money to check their strollers and car seats, and the kids aren't even old enough to remember the vacation, much less appreciate it. family vacations when I was little entitled going to Galveston beach an hour and a half away, or to the lake.
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

I agree to a point.  I don't remember really well any family vacations until I was 9 but I remember that I had a lot of fun.  Does that make any sense?  Granted, we didn't spend the kind of money those people are your resort did, but still.

On a similar note, I judge these people my roommate babysits for.  They invited her on vacation with them only so they could pretend to care about their kids when really, she would take care of them the whole time while they went out to nice dinners and got drunk until 3 am.  Why did you even have kids? 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:de544739-8867-4b7c-b089-4fdf8ba5c438">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge a mod on another board for freaking out about anything that remotely sniffs of anything "drama" and then she goes on a rampage, deletes it, and tells everyone to stop acting up.  Umm... ok..... If you find it that stressful, just stop being a mod.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

I was lurking on a board I rarely visit and saw this. I thought maybe it was the same mod until you said it was being blamed on you...I don't remember seeing your name on these posts.

As for the strollers, if I owned a theme park, strollers would be banned, If your kid can't walk the park, don't bring them. I think it's riduculous to see infants and kids who will never remember being there dragged around a park on a burning hot day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:ca1a6de6-3fda-4e9f-a585-a218962fd99b">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge : huh.  When I graduated college and was living on my own, I had a small "crappy" apartment.  I was working a ton of hours and was rarely even at my apartment.  I would much rather my hard earned money go toward an expensive phone and clothes.  I don't find that materialistic, just that someone's priorities are different.
    Posted by CarterBailey[/QUOTE]

No, no. When I say "crappy" I don't mean affordable for a college-graduate living on their own.

I mean "crappy" as in you and your husband probably make less than $20K combined and you're living in you're living in an apartment that's not just affordable, but falling apart but you live there so that you can still purchase your bags and stuff.

I'm sorry, but I could never buy a Louis Vuitton bag while my husband and I were living in a rathole.

I clearly have someone in mind with this judgment.

OOOOH---new judgment.

I really, really hate people that are adults and stir-up high-school type drama.

True story: My friend T invited her friend S over the other day. Her other friend M doesn't like S. M got mad at T for inviting S over, when M wasn't even there, and only found out because of a picture on FB.

Ironically, M is the same person that my initial judgment is about.
  • I judge parents who don't put socks on their child's feet. Especially when it's hot out.

I judge people who brag about how cheap their e-rings were. The same goes for people who brag about how much theirs cost, but those women get the brunt of everyone's anger. It's equally obnoxious, no matter who does it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b89e7fcd-6cc8-4e6f-8ab3-0f302069d725Post:0f0b0623-4e8a-4441-b35c-dbe3441587be">Re: I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge parents who don't put socks on their child's feet. Especially when it's hot out. I judge people who brag about how cheap their e-rings were. The same goes for people who brag about how much theirs cost, but those women get the brunt of everyone's anger. It's equally obnoxious, no matter who does it.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Are we talking infant-child? Toddler-child? School-age child?

I ask because it's hot here. Like, really, really hot. People here don't usually make their kids wear shoes that need socks in the summer, because it's too hot. It's usually just sandals.
  • I called animal control on my neighbors this winter - I checked first to be sure if they didn't behave and the dog was taken away it would go to a no kill shelter. They left their poor little 10 lb fluffy dog out in below freezing temps! The animal control officer was awsome! She was POed about it and went out there with a police officer that same day with a warning for animal cruelty and a notice they would be fined if the dog was ever left out in unkind temps again, she also give them paperwork to hand the dog over to the town no questions asked no fines if they didn't want him anymore. Why have a dog if you aren't going to care for it?! Idiots....

I judge the lady who had a screaming - and I mean SCREAMING! - red faced and watery eyed baby in her shopping cart at Marshalls last night. Seriously lady - time to quietly leave the store and put your over heated and over tired kid down for a nap.

I judge people who think they are better then everyone else. Get off your high horse and come down here with the rest of us. Its not so bad down here... I dont mind it at all.
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards