Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Hump Day!

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• Options
    Drive by - Good morning!  I have a meeting in 5 minutes.  

Good vibes coming your way MK on the interview front.  I assume your fact finding appointment is re: unemployment?

Good luck on the house hunt Stacks.  i pay about $75 a QUARTER for water and sewer combined.  $120 a month is outrageous.  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0608198-3340-4392-982c-ffc0cf20aeffPost:282c7c7a-702e-4845-8ace-5c60daf3eaff">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beanie -- Did the ever reveal what "The Event" was before it was cancelled? I didn't watch the show, but I was curious.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope.  There was rumor that the writers were trying to get picked up by another channel to continue with a second season but I haven't seen anything since then.  H loved that show, and was able to see the firt 6 epsidoes or however many before dpeloyment last year.  Then they went on their holiday break before he had left for deployment and said the season would continute in a few months.  It was pretty funny because when they said that H said "what the eff, now I won't get the know what "the event" actually is until I get back from deployment."  I just kinda laughed and told him you probably would never know until the very final episode ever.  Regradless, I had to DVR every episode and save it all for when he got home from deployment.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The only box sets we buy are those for True Blood. We are way too cheap for others. But I am thinking about buying Spartacus if I ever have extra cash lying around since I've heard it was awesome.

The only shows we are keeping up with right now are Justified and Once Upon a Time. Well, H is only watching Justified.
  • Options
    I'm really glad I'm not crazy about this water thing.  Ohio American Water are just scam artists.  I can't even drink it AND it's so hard that I have to wash my dishes once a month in vinegar or they get cloudy looking.  It's stupid.  
  • Options
    Adamar, he worked at the hospital from 7 AM - 3:30 PM, then as an EMT from 4 PM - 8 AM.  He just showed up and I drove him home (around the corner from my office) so I could have the car for my meeting this afternoon.  He's pretty bushed.  He says that he's going to lie down for "a few minutes" and then get up and relax, but I know better.  The minute he puts on PJs and lies down, he's going to be out like a light for hours.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Stacks that is crazy.  In all honesty though i don't even know what is considered a normal water bill.  Our townhouse in WA and in NY included water in the rent, and now we have well water.  I still know enough to know that's ridiculous though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Worse comes to worse if it's bad (I don't think it will be), he can always go to my dad's. He's only 15 minutes or so from his work.
  • Options
    Morning.

cfas, hopefully you'll be out of work today by 3:30 or 4, which is when they're forecasting the heaviest of the snow.  They're saying the north and west 'burbs are going to get 2 inches max, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not a repeat of last winter.  I've never lived somewhere people panic at the mere mention of snow- it's ridiculous.  Did you hear that Faquier County schools didn't even bother to open today???

MK, good luck with the interview and it's not bad of you to hope the other interviewees bomb.

Stacks, good luck with finding a new house and with daycare stuff!

Happy Hump day folks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning.

FI and I loved The Event. We were so mad when it got cancelled. :( Alcatraz has been really great though. I didn't get to see the pilot and I haven't watched the newest episode yet either.

Hope back issues go away soon, interviews go well and house hunting finds a great place!
  • Options
    Morning!

Yay on the interview MK!

Good luck house hunting Stacks.

Question for anyone with an optometrist.  Umm, I've never been before and I'll be calling one today as my vision is really blurry with my computer screen and I've been getting headaches lately, but I digress, are clients called patients since technically they are doctors?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they're called patients Habs. I'm curious as to why that detail is important. :)
  • Options
    I'd say yes, habs, you would be a patient.

Did anyone watch the show Falling Skies? I was wondering if it would come back. It was okay, but the final episode made me want to see what happened next and I'll be annoyed if it doesn't come back. I think it was on TNT.
  • Options
    Sesh, was that the one about the aliens with the things they attached to the spines of the children on earth?
  • Options
    Habs I've always been referred to as a patient at an eye doctor before.

Loopy it is regarding unemployment. I posted on it last week. When I filed my initial claim I put "lack of work" as the reason for separation from my previous employer. He put "termination". So because of the discrepancy they have to have this "Fact Finding Interview". I won't get any money, if they even determine I'm elligible after this, until the interview is done. So I have 5 weeks of claims waiting to be paid, that might not, if they decide to be assholes.

It's so frustrating. I was hired to do a job, when said job wasn't going to happen I was laid off. I don't understand why my former boss even put termination. I called him because they said he could re-file a correction and the interview wouldn't have to happen. He supposedly called the commission and then texted me saying there was nothing he could do to help me. That makes me nervous.
  • Options

Thanks!  It's because I'm calling my mothers and I just want to tell them I got referred by her, who is a patient and wondering if they are accepting new patients, but I'm weird and wanted to make sure I had the terminology correct. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And my boss even told me the form was confusing and it said that if he didn't return it they would use my reasoning for the separation from employer. So if he was confused, why did he turn the damn thing in in the first place?
  • Options
    Haha Cfas I wasn't that sweet because I threatened him all the time that i was going to delete some of his shows.  I had to save all of the epsidoes of The Event, Sunny and The League from when he was gone, and it took up a good chunk of our DVR memory.  So I always had to rush and watch my stuff so there was still room.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0608198-3340-4392-982c-ffc0cf20aeffPost:f76aa9d4-b186-4e85-910a-2273adea68f1">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, was that the one about the aliens with the things they attached to the spines of the children on earth?
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the one. The show was a little slow and the people did stupid stuff, but the last 3 episodes or so had me hooked and now I have to know what happened when he left with the aliens. They can't just leave me hanging like that.
  • Options
    Apparently Cfas we live far enough south where it's just supposed to rain here. So that's good. Lucas just has to get through it up there.
  • Options
    Sesh, FI and I watched every episode of that. I don't remember him saying anything about it being cancelled. He liked it more than I did but the last few were by far the best.

Habs, thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I wouldn't want to get the terminology wrong either.

I think Once Upon a Time has a good life ahead of it. There's so many characters they could include and there's enough mystery to keep you hooked without pissing you off.
  • Options
    Morning! I have no idea what any of these TV shows are about.

I just heard about the possible snow today. I'm not excited about it. Especially because we never get two hour delays in my office. 
  • Options
    My contractor is back today! I'm so excited to get this confounded project moving again.
  • Options
    Rachers, I'm in the same boat with the spreadsheets. Wedding spreadsheets, budget spreadsheets, work spreadsheets! Oh my!
  • Options
    Also, it better not snow too much - I need to run tonight.
  • Options
    Midge they already pissed me off by killing the sherrif. Was that necessary?
  • Options
    I hear ya on the spreadsheets Rach...between home and work spreadsheets are getting harder to look at!
  • Options
    I thought that Once Upon a Time was going to be more like a miniseries (with a definite ending in the "first" season), but I'm starting to wonder about that, since it's getting no closer to ending any time soon.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Jill I'm sure you'll be happy once the kitchen is done.
  • Options

I am so tired of work potlucks.

Thats all I got this morning.

• Options
    Hello all- I am super tired so nothing much is going on over here.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards