Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Night Thread

Re: Night Thread

• Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:68389d8f-484a-4987-af76-549553aa2cf6">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE that quote, Erin and Wrigley :)
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ETA: Hahah. Jinx, Erin.</div><div>
    </div><div>Actual ETA: I meant to edit my post, not quote myself and then ETA it. Goodness gracious. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:1d2b67ae-ec09-4d51-9868-adb291d5a7c6">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, a lot of people are really on the same page tonight.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

I'm noticing this as well!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:3a07a39a-2451-489f-94d8-65eb8701fdc6">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unrelated, but I'm watching Teen Mom , and I'm annoyed that Ryan's parents (Ryan is the father of Bentley, who is Maci's son, if you don't watch) and they think it's stupid that Maci put Bentley in a pre-school since he's almost 3. That way he is learning while she's at school. It's annoying me that they're making a big deal out of EDUCATION. ZOMG, she must be the worst mother ever if she wants to give her child the opportunity to learn.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's a strange thing to get upset about. I haven't seen that episode but Ryan is such a diiick.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:46466c42-e6a2-49d7-8c90-de9b4d972d39">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, I love that! Speaking of weird, Nerdy Girl hasn't called tonight. She must have finally settled into things at camp. YAY!
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

That's good! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:d421f485-90c7-41db-9106-052bf85ad659">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : I'm noticing this as well!
    It's cuz we are all AWESOME, duh. <div>
    </div></div><div>Totally unrelated but endearing: YoungSon had a funeral for his fish today. I think maybe he's gonna be a minister someday.</div>
  • Options
    I also used a quote from Dr. Seuss for my wedding:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams."

Jess - Maci is the redheaded one right?
  • Options
    Veggie, feel free to delete. I didn't mean to pry. Your hesitance with doctors sounds pretty understandable.
  • Options
    Veggie, I'm sorry that you went through that, and I would be the same way about wanting a female doctor. Now that I understand where you're coming from, I understand your distrust with doctors and it makes more sense to me why doctors mistreating your kids would be an issue for you.

I encourage you to talk to your H about it. Let him help you heal.
  • Options
    Veggie, I'm so sorry. You should look for a female oral surgeon near your area, maybe within 60 miles or something? That would be very stressful and painful. I have a very irrational fear of doctors and prefer female doctors as well. It's isn't your family's business and you shouldn't feel badly about your preference.
  • Options
    I love watching Teen Mom. I like reality shows that are just about people. I hate all competition based reality shows. Maci reminds me of my best friend. I think she's very level headed for the most part. The rest of the Teen Moms....eh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:5566d72a-85a6-49e6-ab4e-d6fcb5ae67ee">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also used a quote from Dr. Seuss for my wedding: "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Jess - Maci is the redheaded one right?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Maci started out as a red head, but I think she's blonde this season.</div>
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Veggie, that's really terrible. Have you considered some sort of counseling? It would be one thing if it didn't effect your life at all, but it clearly does, since you'd rather be in a lot of pain than get your wisdom teeth out by one of the doctors near you. Is there a female surgeon you could drive to and maybe get a hotel room overnight? I think the main issue should be dealt with, but in the meantime, you shouldn't have to live in pain with your teeth.

ETA - I don't mean to make this sound like there's something wrong with you feeling the way you do, because there isn't. It's totally understandable. It would just be great if you were able to work through it and be able to see the doctor when you need to.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:5566d72a-85a6-49e6-ab4e-d6fcb5ae67ee">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Awwwww. :) We might have to stick that in there somewhere too. FI loves Dr. Seuss - they were his favorite books as a kid - so it would fit really well.
  • Options
    Wally, that goes without saying, and it's adorable that he held a funeral for his fish!

Poke - Yes, Maci is the redhead.

Teen Mom is the car accident and I'm the rubber-necker.
  • Options
    I don't watch Teen Mom, but my friend does. Last time I went to his house he had it on. I liked her from what I saw. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:abc31950-e51c-4892-9455-0b98048a0cd2">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, I go and take a shower and you guys have a giant Peen / sex talk without me? I'm so hurt!! I'm not a pervert or anything.... Yes, FI gets a vasectomy next Tuesday. No, I will not be watching. If he even wants me in the room I will turn the chair to fully face away from that business.  Just in time for my birthday, so I guess we all know what I won't be doing. *sigh* I have a crazy-high sex drive. I could have sex every single day. Right now we have it probably every three to five days and it drives me completely mad.  Soon as he takes off his white strips I'm gonna jump him. I hope I'm not staring. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

we didn't leave you out on purpose, Harry! That's what you get for choosing cleanliness over knotting.
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:abc31950-e51c-4892-9455-0b98048a0cd2">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soon as he takes off his white strips I'm gonna jump him.
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]
    You'll be happy to know (if you don't already) that he's supposed to masturbate a certain number of times afterward to make sure everything is cleared out. My roommate had it done several years ago, and he was actually pretty pissed because it took something he loved and turned it into a job. I think he was jerking off 5-6 times per day for a few days before he went back to have the final test for sperm.<div>
    </div><div>Anyway, as long as you're still on the pill or whatever, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you jumped him in the name of "helping". ;)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:d5f7425d-1eee-49f4-9caf-9a5e8df45efb">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : You'll be happy to know (if you don't already) that he's supposed to masturbate a certain number of times afterward to make sure everything is cleared out. My roommate had it done several years ago, and he was actually pretty pissed because it took something he loved and turned it into a job. I think he was jerking off 5-6 times per day for a few days<strong> before he went back to have the final test for sperm</strong>. Anyway, as long as you're still on the pill or whatever, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you jumped him in the name of "helping". ;)
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]
    I just realized this sounds like a bunch of sperm sitting at desks waiting to take the SAT.
  • Options
    I wish TK would do away with the censors. We're all adults. Presumably, if you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to read profanity sometimes and not have a cow abou it.
  • Options
    Holly - I like The Next Great Baker. I also can't stand BB or Survivor. I like X-Fator and Idol though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:f93ab917-3879-4247-b3f9-e10b785197db">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish TK would do away with the censors. We're all adults. Presumably, if you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to read profanity sometimes and not have a cow abou it.
    It is pretty fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Veggie, I agree with Angel that looking into some type of counseling to help you deal with your feelings and allow you to get the medical attention you need.

Overall, I like Maci as a mother. I hate that Bentley is almost 3 and uses a pacifier, talks to him in baby talk and that she ASKS him, "Bentley, should I go back to school" or, "Bentley, you want to go to Preschool, right?"

He's a toddler. You don't ask, you tell. "Bentley, I'm giong back to school, and since I'm going to school, you're going to go to preschool!"

Make it exciting, and he'll be on board.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:f93ab917-3879-4247-b3f9-e10b785197db">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish TK would do away with the censors. We're all adults. <strong>Presumably, if you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to read profanity sometimes and not have a cow abou it.</strong>

<div>I've read enough crazy posts to know that's, unfortunately, not true.</div>
  • Options
    Fucking fucking fuckk.
  • Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    YOU BITCHES HATING ON BIG BROTHER SUCK, OKAY?!

AND I HOPE YOU'RE OFFENDED BY THE USE OF THE WORD BITCHES.
  • Options
    Ha, so we can say bitches but not biiiiitch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:dba5d69c-499d-4d77-8318-5143559d78fa">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Veggie, I agree with Angel that looking into some type of counseling to help you deal with your feelings and allow you to get the medical attention you need. Overall, I like Maci as a mother. I hate that Bentley is almost 3 and uses a pacifier, talks to him in baby talk and that she ASKS him, "Bentley, should I go back to school" or, "Bentley, you want to go to Preschool, right?" He's a toddler. You don't ask, you tell. "Bentley, I'm giong back to school, and since I'm going to school, you're going to go to preschool!" Make it exciting, and he'll be on board.
    </div><div>I think she treats him like a little friend. Your toddler shouldn't be your best buddy. This is all coming out wrong and sounds bad, but your toddler should be your toddler. I have a feeling Bentley will grow up too fast because Maci is treating him more like a friend than her child. But, I could be wrong. Maci in general is the least crazy of them all, and she's pretty level headed. 

</div>
  • Options
    I love Masterchef. So so much.
  • Options
    Bitches. Assholes. Fucking. Dipshit.

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:2edc545e-3f9b-441e-a220-e18dfc23256c">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fucking fucking fuckk.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>But we can't even say Diiiiick. Even if it's just the sporting goods place. Dumbfuckers.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards