Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bride and Groom and Head Count

Do most banquet halls or caterers include the bride and groom in the final head count, so they have to pay for themselves as well??  My caterer is including us in the final head count and I''m having a hard time with that.  Thanks!

Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count

• Options
    Um, you are eating aren't you?
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would assume so, y'all are eating, right?
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    only if you plan on eating & drinking
  • Options
    Think of it this way - if they got to list it as a perk that came along with the venue rental ala "Bride and Groom eat free!" they'd just bump up the cost to rent the venue by probably even more than you would pay if you just included yourselves in the head count.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So you are not costing them a piece of meat and some wine? Are you sooo spayshul you need a freebie?
  • Options
    You're kidding right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Wow, I thought that this was supposed to be a place to get some supportive feedback not to be bashed for asking a question.  It has nothing to do with wanting a freebie so there's no reason to be so rude, it has to do with the principal.  This was the first andlast post I will be putting on this site.  Maybe you girls have nothing better to do than sit on this website all night and insult other people but I certainly have better things to do with my time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:1d3cc25c-cd63-4aee-b8f4-3fe0dc3fea3e">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I thought that this was supposed to be a place to get some supportive feedback not to be bashed for asking a question.  It has nothing to do with wanting a freebie so there's no reason to be so rude, it has to do with the principal.  This was the first andlast post I will be putting on this site.  Maybe you girls have nothing better to do than sit on this website all night and insult other people but I certainly have better things to do with my time. 
    Posted by desiree16[/QUOTE]

Wow. How refreshing. And you mean principle.
  • Options
    No one is bashing you.

I always think it's funny when posters pull the, I have better things to do with my time card. You're on here, aren't you?
  • Options
    She's here for support from fellow briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiides, Whit. This is supposed to be a special place, where we sugar coat everything and support each other. Did I mention support?
  • Options
    support, as in, OF COURSE YOU SHOULD EAT FREE! OMG what fucktastic kind of caterer do YOU have, making the B&G pay?! Jeebus. Off with their heads.

(sorry, i'm wathching Alice)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:1d3cc25c-cd63-4aee-b8f4-3fe0dc3fea3e">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I thought that this was supposed to be a place to get some supportive feedback not to be bashed for asking a question.  It has nothing to do with wanting a freebie so there's no reason to be so rude, it has to do with the principal.  This was the first andlast post I will be putting on this site.  Maybe you girls have nothing better to do than sit on this website all night and insult other people but I certainly have better things to do with my time. 

The 'principle' being you paid a shitton so you now want a freebie? Yeah, try and dispute that and I will be shocked. Cheap.
  • Options
    please point out where anyone insulted you. it was a silly question, of course you include yourself. it's hard to understand why you would think you wouldn't. honestly, you asked a stupid question, so what else did you expect as a response? 

and welcome to the internet where not everyone is going to be puppies and rainbows and hold your hand and talk to you in a nice soothing voice. 
  • Options
    ok buh bye.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Right now she's trying to figure out how to DD and the next thing you know, the OP is gonna be "I haaaate you guys. You are mean and vile and I feel sorry for FI/DHs!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:47ad3b2c-3758-46cf-b94c-f9dd7e18017f">Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do most banquet halls or caterers include the bride and groom in the final head count, so they have to pay for themselves as well??  My caterer is including us in the final head count and I''m having a hard time with that.  Thanks!
    <p> </p><p>No bashing intended, but I'm genuinely confused about why you would be surprised that you have to pay for your own food and drink in addition to that of your guests'?</p>
  • Options
    Do you feel sorry for my husband?

don't, i divorced him
  • Options
    I didn't really think that there were 'brides' or people like you girls out there, who were so high on themselves.  I mean how pathetic is it to still be on this site and responding to peoples questions when you're already married, how sad for you. 
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:0f72b2d2-1dcd-42f2-923b-ca0ab2bcdaa7">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really think that there were 'brides' or people like you girls out there, who were so high on themselves.  I mean how pathetic is it to still be on this site and responding to peoples questions when you're already married, how sad for you. 

Oh please, you are just mad and embarassed you got called out for what you are. At least have the balls to own up to it. So lame.
  • Options
    I wasn't even mean :(
  • Options
    I'm not embarrassed at all...are you...cause I'm assuming you're one of those married people who still has a profile on the knot....that say's enough about your marriage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:0f72b2d2-1dcd-42f2-923b-ca0ab2bcdaa7">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really think that there were 'brides' or people like you girls out there, who were so high on themselves.  I mean how pathetic is it to still be on this site and responding to peoples questions when you're already married, how sad for you. 

Um, we're actually plenty helpful to brides who don't ask ridiculous questions. I live a great, non-pathetic life, thank you - my husband is cooking me dinner and I'm catching up with girls I haven't had a chance to chat with in a while in between playing with our dogs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:39b99ed3-bacf-46f6-98a1-b49458402e98">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not embarrassed at all...are you...cause I'm assuming you're one of those married people who still has a profile on the knot....that say's enough about your marriage

You don't know anything about her marriage, or anyone else's, for that matter. You can leave now. And seriously, brush up on the grammar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:39b99ed3-bacf-46f6-98a1-b49458402e98">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not embarrassed at all...are you...cause I'm assuming you're one of those married people who still has a profile on the knot....that say's enough about your marriage
    If the girls that got married, never came back to talk about it, who do you think would give you advice? Because, ya know, if we didn't come back with all of our married-lady worldly wedding planning advice, no one would be here to answer your questions about paying for a wedding/food--assuming they hadn't experienced it themselves. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Based on what principle? that doesn't even make sense.

Also, how would you expect an answer for this or anything if everyone here was only engaged? They wouldn't know either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:39b99ed3-bacf-46f6-98a1-b49458402e98">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:

Dammit, you caught me! I'm totally neglecting my marriage. THANK YOU for showing me the light.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:b05528a1-d25b-49aa-b5c8-28412759fd56">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count : Question for you...would you rather take advice from someone who has been there, done that or someone who has never done it before? It = anything in this scenario.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Newbies who come on here and try to give advice often give the worst advice possible. They suggest tiered receptions and asking for cash in wedding invitations. Take it from a bride who's been through it recently - the married girls are more helpful than the girls who have no experience to draw from.
  • Options
    Serioulsy people who are already married - how stupid and rude of you to log on to this BRIDE site and give advice about weddings.  How rude.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:0f72b2d2-1dcd-42f2-923b-ca0ab2bcdaa7">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    <p> </p><p>I know, it's totally pathetic that those of us who have recently been through wedding planning want to help others who are going through the same thing. How sad!</p>
  • Options
    In all seriousness, why wouldn't you want to include yourselves in the final head count? I'm genuinely curious as to why it doesn't sit well with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards