Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bride and Groom and Head Count

Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:39b99ed3-bacf-46f6-98a1-b49458402e98">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not embarrassed at all...are you...cause I'm assuming you're one of those married people who still has a profile on the knot....that say's enough about your marriage
    Posted by desiree16[/QUOTE]

I think you got served. Any more witty comebacks or are you just content to skirt the fact you are pissed your venue wants to charge you for what you are actually consuming? You know, at a cost to them and all.
  • Why are they always from Hudson Valley?

Op, so you happen to know Janice, QORS?
  • OP- free vs. paid  B&G meals aside, you still would want to count yourselves into the final head count.  The head count is about knowing how much food to prepare. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• B makes a valid point. As always.
    Julia is going to be the most logical baby ever
  • go check your mail, mrs.B.  a bit of encouragement for you to get going!
  • Too much logic for my own good, huh?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:7a7026b9-0332-46f2-a6b3-588f14707fe1">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are they always from <strong>Hudson Valley</strong>? Op, so you happen to know Janice, QORS?
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    Sad but true.  Maybe it is our water?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:b4f1c7fe-9f20-4fe8-afec-335317e32dc7">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count : Sad but true.  Maybe it is our water?
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

but NYC gets it's water from the same source! 

perhaps i'm BSC too ;)
  • Me thinks someone wants a pretty princess day!  I wonder if she has a pony?
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:3b580a7b-3f7f-4642-9f0e-bca2e54f2d83">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count : but NYC gets it's water from the same source!  perhaps i'm BSC too ;)
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    LOL.  Actually i think we get your water and you guys get water from NJ.  I am not positive though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, you count yourselves.  For all of the reasons stated above. 

If you ask a dumb question, you're going to get pretty to-the-point answers on this board.  It's just the way it works around here.

And, if those of us who are married weren't here, where would you find photos for inspiration? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I'm from the Hudson Vallley.  Cry  But when I go to a restaurant I don't expect a free dessert just for ordering dinner.  Maybe I had a different principal than you did.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• I am not that much of a "poster" but I can agree with all these ladies on here, and it was just a silly question.  They aren't being mean, they are just telling you the truth so you don't look stupid in front of other people.  If I had to ask a question that I did not have enough commen sense to already know the answer, then I would only hope someone would set me straight. 
    P.S.  Maybe another wedding site would be more helpful to you.  Clearly this just might not be the place for you.

Not to mention...I am getting married next weekend, and I still plan on coming on here all the time! :)  You're right, I must have no life either.
  • **Common...I guess I can't spell either tonight.....
    Damn it!  Now you can make fun of me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:39b99ed3-bacf-46f6-98a1-b49458402e98">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not embarrassed at all...are you...cause I'm assuming you're one of those married people who still has a profile on the knot....that say's enough about your marriage
    Posted by desiree16[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, I wonder if all of the people who make this claim are actually the same person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:993b46ef-7332-431f-9337-e4ad9484576c">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from the Hudson Vallley.    But when I go to a restaurant I don't expect a free dessert just for ordering dinner.  <strong>Maybe I had a different principal than you did.</strong>
    Posted by notquiteblushing[/QUOTE]
    Awesome.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • LMAO okay this thread made my night. I almost choked on my water.

In all seriousness, I actually had a very brief blonde moment right when we first started planning... we were making out our initial guest list to see approximately how many guests we might have... and about a day later I thought, "Oh! Duh! We have to include ourselves!" LOL. 

I just want to say that as a new bride, I don't know what I would have done without all the blunt responses on these boards. I'm personally not afraid of someone telling me I'm being an idiot. Would you want to walk around with a big green booger on your forehead, or would you want someone to tell you, "Yo, WTF is that on your face?" Personally, I'll take the latter. 

And as for the married ladies still on here, THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!! Seriously, if it wasn't for you guys the rest of us would be up a creek. So if helping people means you're a sad, pathetic loser... than thank you to all the losers and I hope I can be just as pathetic in 9 months. 

Laughing
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Excellent response, Jamjar.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-groom-head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:de03b5ac-abdd-4c74-9d76-fa9fc85d3c0ePost:b4f1c7fe-9f20-4fe8-afec-335317e32dc7">Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bride and Groom and Head Count : Sad but true.  Maybe it is our water?
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

That's why I drink bottled water :)
  • I realize this is a very old posting but I just came across it.  I am a bride who is getting married in 6 weeks.  I have used theknot as my source for wedding advice and inspiration.  The posts on this board are disgusting.  ALL of you should be ashamed of yourselves and theknot should be ashamed they allow posts like these.  So what if you consider her question to be dumb.  I consider your responses to be rude.  There is a nice way to answer someone.  I felt like I was reading something from Mean Girls, not wedding advice.  I will make sure to spread the word that this is not the site to go to for wedding advice.  You all like like awful people, you should be ashamed of yourselves. 
  • Desiree16- Just thought I would tell you that I looked up the answer to this question myself, so it is not stupid.  It saddens me that everyone on here attacked you.  I have never met you but you are a way better person than these girls on here (who I would like to call something else).  Reading their responses reminded me of the crap I had to put up with in high school.  What a shame- ignore it! Although I don't believe the world is "puppies and rainbows" anymore, it doesn't take much effort to have some basic manners.  Enjoy your wedding and just know there are still a few nice people out there;)  Take care!
  • Leave the old dead threads in peace.  Some people's kids *tisk*

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• @snippet17 But, but...they were so mean :( How dare they! ;)
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • I think that I can see why this is confusing.  For my event, for example, it simply asks for the number of guests that are coming rather than including bride and groom.  I'm not a guest.  When I looked into this, it did end up that we were free :) 
  • FWIW I LOVE the fact that the advice I get on here is from women who are already married.  It means they have experienced the madness of wedding planning and can stop me from making mistakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Man I got so confused / excited when I saw some of the old regs.  Then I saw the date.  oh well...
  • This was amusing. More old threads, please!
  • I realize this is a very old posting but I just came across it.  I am a bride who is getting married in 6 weeks.  I have used theknot as my source for wedding advice and inspiration.  The posts on this board are disgusting.  ALL of you should be ashamed of yourselves and theknot should be ashamed they allow posts like these.  So what if you consider her question to be dumb.  I consider your responses to be rude.  There is a nice way to answer someone.  I felt like I was reading something from Mean Girls, not wedding advice.  I will make sure to spread the word that this is not the site to go to for wedding advice.  You all like like awful people, you should be ashamed of yourselves. 
    The eff?  There was nothing nasty in the first two pages aside from the OP.  Of all the ridiculous things to get your panties in a wad over...

• Oh how I miss the old TK.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards