Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'll know hell has frozen over when...

Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...

• Options
    when people stop saying things like "funneh" or "kitteh".
  • Options
    You don't think my kitteh is funneh P2? Shucks...
  • Options
    What are you talking about?  Oooookay, Alix.  Ooooookay.

No one else is getting butthurt over this.  Who cares if you think I pulled this out of my arse or not?  I'm confused.  What do you want me to do, apologize for having an opinion? 

Care to reveal who thinks I'm pulling it out of my asss?  Just curious.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:fd71e1f3-5012-4383-bf27-c5bfda6d405d">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't think my kitteh is funneh P2? Shucks...
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't think it's not funneh. It's just used here a lot.
  • Options
    I can't say I've ever seen it used here P2. Then again, for the most part I just ignore posts by complete idiots.

Oh bb, just stow it already. And don't give me "what do you want me to do, apologise for having an opinion" when I've already said it's MY opinion that it came across as a flame rather than a funny, which, if you calmed the hell down and re-read, you might be able to comprehend. So back the fuuck off, I'm not in the mood and you're changing your tune here.
  • Options
    It was not a flame. I don't need to calm down, because I'm not upset.  I'm sitting at my desk eating a turkey and swiss sandwich.  I'm actually rather chill this morning.
  • Options
    Waitasecond... so first it was a funny, and then it was an opinion and now you're going back to it's not a flame, it's a funny? Riiight. Well whatever, I give up, you've got all the mental acuity when it comes to arguments as that of a brick wall.
  • Options

i do not understand wtf just happened in this thread....

you'll know hell has frozen over when there are no more FFF because everyone here gets along.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:9f4f3c81-726d-44af-bb01-eb8be27e049e">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we find out what the eff happened to Roxi. When backwards me, username, and skuntcallout reveal themselves.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    *and discostick
  • Options
    An opinion can't be funny?  I never said it was a flame.   I give up too.

Hell will definitely have frozen over when people stop questioning posters intelligence on this board. 
  • Options
    Hell will be frozen over when a thread can go to completion without people arguing.

It'll also freeze when FI shaves his beard and I eat steak.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:3b807b19-c213-47e7-a27e-14c5e25ebc14">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]An opinion can't be funny?  I never said it was a flame.   I give up too. <strong>Hell will definitely have frozen over when people stop questioning posters intelligence on this board. </strong>
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:fabdf5f1-4f0d-4322-9c10-24bd72cd83dd">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ain't that the truth Moose ;) And in other news, how goes your Harry Potter escapades?
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  Finished book 2 last night and on to book three when I'm done with Harry Winston (which is painful to read and I suspect going to irritate the heck out of me!) 

Still not gonna read twilight.  Not gonna do it.  Nope.  Nuh uh.  Ooops, I said it.  I suppose this now means that hell has frozen over.

Funny, it still looks the same outside.   I expected some sort of change.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    When East and Jens no longer love each other

When Lala isn't funny anymore

When Daff hates Phish

When Mandy doesn't love Tiger :)

When Fishy isn't awesome anymore

When Amoro loves living in Italy

When Alix can look at eyeballs

When people don't think Coco is an idiot.

• Options
    When Moose's beaver goes away.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Gah, not EYEBALLS!

Dude, Chasing Harry Winston is the worst, I didn't even finish it. I gave it one star and moved on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:8a7ac0d2-8bf9-410f-adef-643afaa238e4">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When Moose's beaver goes away.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Yes, well.  Since I've never even contemplated that kind of surgery, I think we're all safe.  In a related story, I know someone who's (now ex) husband decided he wanted to be a woman about 15 years ago.  He had the surgery in the last few years and now he's living as a man again.  WTF dude?

Alix, how long did it take you to give up on it?  I'm not even 100 pages in and it's KILLING me.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ill-hell-frozen-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e0bcddc0-6bab-46b6-8e4a-6a4993a97c69Post:ec8e60b8-c612-464d-b79c-0db1e89f311c">Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'll know hell has frozen over when... : In a related story, I know someone who's (now ex) husband decided he wanted to be a woman about 15 years ago.  He had the surgery in the last few years and now he's living as a man again.  WTF dude? Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he knows there really no backsies on that kind of thing.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Yeah, we had a good giggle over that on Saturday night.  Helps that we were both pickled at the time.  You can cut it off, but you can't just sew it back on.

• Options
    I think I got about 75 pages in, decided the main character was a whiney brat and put it down.
  • Options

Has anybody read that Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief yet?  I am not ashamed to admit I'm a little *squee* about going to see the movie this month when it comes out.

• Options
    I have! I have!

I'm going to go to the theatre and ogle Sean Bean playing Zeus :) Yum.
  • Options
    I'm reading The Lightning Thief right now!  It's sitting next to me, and I keep wanting to pick it up, but I know the moment I do my boss will walk in :\

I really like it so far.
  • Options
    Hmmm.  Didn't even know this was a book.

Also, when P&E threads don't go bizarrely off topic.

• Options
    My son is also insanely excited about Percy Jackson and cannot wait to go see it. 
  • Options
    I love the Percy Jackson books, my little brother made me read them and now that the movie's coming out and people know about them I can be all I read them! I read them! Without getting a side-eye.
  • Options
    Yes, Alix, it's one of the perqs of being a parent that we get to read all these great kids' books (and it's even better to read the ones you loved as a kid to your own kids) without getting side-eye.   Dressing up for the Harry Potter release parties was a hoot. 
  • Options
    alixzafirisalixzafiris member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2010
    *cough cough*

I definitely wore my Gryffindor scarf, HP glasses and had a wand for all the movie releases... But Harry Potter is literally my favourite thing ever. I may be obsessed... and a total embarrassment to my husband ;)
  • Options

Did you go to any of the book release parties?  They were so much fun - we went to our local Borders and camped out until the midnight releases for the last two books.  Lots of people were in costume - all sorts of trivia games and activity stations, Bertie Bott's many-flavoured beans eating contests, that sort of thing. 

And:  a few years back we went to England and stood in the Great Hall!  And went to Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross! 

HP obsession:  We have it. 

• Options
    Oh yes, I camped out at Chapters all day for the midnight releases, then took the following day off work (I worked retail) so I could speed through the books).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards