Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where's the usual Friday threads?

Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?

• Options
    I'll flame this pain in my neck that has been here for three days.  That's all I have.  It's being a bitch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:d7cbc97b-53ef-4a07-91cf-a8fd3b6c6169">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just woke up, but... uh, that was not drama.  And my comment was not an attack, unless we are very sensitive 6-year-olds.  I said "SESHAT- why do you have a foot in your avatar?  Feet are gross."  Or something quite similar.  How is that an attack?  But yeah, I knew everyone would be all "Why do you post here if you don't like it, waaaahhhh????"  I was honestly curious about the foot.  I flamed aprove for her foot picture, too.  FEET ARE THE GROSSEST THING IN THE WORLD.   I'd honestly rather see a picture of a rotting corpse.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Kiki - I don't know why, but this post showed up for me as coming from miguelhilary2010. I was like wait, but that's Kiki's pic. TK glitch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:f96600ad-aded-403e-a8cf-761c89dd12c1">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the usual Friday threads? : Kiki - I don't know why, but this post showed up for me as coming from miguelhilary2010. I was like wait, but that's Kiki's pic. TK glitch.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats happened several times to me. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And it sucks that it took me like an hour to respond, I started, but coworkers and I trecked down to the cafeteria on rumors that there was hot cider. Thankfully the rumors were true!
  • Options
    OOOOOO hot cider sounds good!
  • Options
    Mmm I love hot cider.  We have a bottle of this stuff called Ghluevein (thats probably spelled wrong, its German), and you heat it before you drink it.  Its basically like a spiced wine, but really strong, and reminds me alot of hot cider.  I may have to habe it tonight since its so cold out, and you brought up hot cider. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DN - That reminds me of Wassil. It's a spiced wine a lot like Cider. The cider was delicious, we were also treated to kahlua cookies and petite fours. Great way to brighten up the Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's not one of the 5 words I know in German. So I can't help you with the spelling. :)

I might have to get me some hot cider soon.
  • Options
    I know this thread has died, but is it too late to flame this girl from my local?

My FI's sister called last night. She has two kids one is a ring bearer for us the other one is 13 and is a Junior Groomsman and reading a poem we selected for him toread during the ceremony. She called FI not me and said that her sone does not want toread the poem we selected and wants to read one of his choosing. I do not like this idea at all. I feel like it is letting a teenage dictate what is done at my wedding. FI is ok with it but when I explained how Ifelt he was understanding and just said we get to have veto power.
    I am being "bridezillaish" by saying that I don't like this? Is this inconsiderate of his sister to do this to us? She has been difficult since all the planning started...wanting to change the dress I selected and not wanting to spend the money...saying they don't have it, when they are driving around a new BMW and just bought a fancy new house a year ago. She has always been the "spoiled" one in his family and xpected everyone to cater to her.
    I really just needed to get this out. Thanks!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Holy crap, Laura. 

Yeah, she sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:e628a3bb-83a8-4c8a-a6c6-18ab329e85d8">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap, Laura.  Yeah, she sucks.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And someone replied "When it comes to a reading in YOUR wedding ceremony, YOU have the choice of what is read." and "you are not at all out of line".

When I told the OP I thought she was over-reacting, she got pissed:

I disagree LauraT. I do not feel that a 13 year old get the freedom of choice to select a poem to read at a wedding. He is not old enough to do this or mature enough to select responsibly. I am basically gonna let him go through the motions of picking one, but plannin gon vetoing it...no matter what. I have been waiting for this day for a long itme and do not feel like having a 13 year old dictating to me what he will and will not read.
    If he is not comfortable than he doesn't have to read and I can find someone else.
  • Options
    OMG how dare she buy a house and a car when she clearly should have known that this wedding was coming up?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:aeeed08f-960e-4ab6-822f-bd46994ecb23">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will fan the anti-HP newbie flame as well.  However, I will also state that anyone posting spoilers without warning will be tracked down and killed.  We can't go til the beginning of Dec and I haven't read the books, so I am super excited to find out how this all goes down in the movie.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

No spoilers, but I will say that it's fairly faithful to the novel. They can fit more in because, really, they're making a 5 hour+ movie out of the last book. (Note: I have NO problem with the other HP movies being 3 hours long and having to cut out parts of the book. I realize print and film are two different media and that's how it goes.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:72e0e39a-5a1c-4726-99b6-b1b1535b0503">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG how dare she buy a house and a car when she clearly should have known that this wedding was coming up?
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

I actually pointed out that the fact that she just bought a house and a car just might explain why she's hard up for cash at the moment.
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope someone knocks her down a notch.  Don't insult his intelligence and tact before even knowing what kind of poem he would pick.  jeezus, it's not going to be Dr Suess. (Then again, being tactless means she would be a horrible judge of tact.)
    And what exactly does it mean for someone to read a poem to you that you picked out?  That has no sentimental value.  Read it your damn self.
    And who is she to judge how they choose to spend their money?

Send her here.  Tell her we'll pat her on the back.  I want to see her cry.

Oh, and I just stalked your profile.  Your wedding was gorgeous!
  • Options
    I actually disagree with you on that one, LauraT. I wouldn't want my 13-year old nephew picking the poem out for my wedding either. He can pick a poem for his own wedding.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:d7a61f53-9606-43b1-935e-4f172aa5413c">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even if the flat-iron works great, how does ruining someone's hairdo in the middle of the day help your sales?  Because, personally, i wouldn't want just one piece of my hair flattened more than the rest.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Well duh, you have to buy the $120 flat iron to fix your hair.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:092fd94d-5122-4448-afc6-9c92315f886f">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually disagree with you on that one, LauraT. I wouldn't want my 13-year old nephew picking the poem out for my wedding either. He can pick a poem for his own wedding.
    Posted by Bubbalub[/QUOTE]

Would you atleast listen to his suggestion before knocking it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:50048140-ad87-4fe1-bcd5-15563610718d">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this thread has died, but is it too late to flame this girl from my local? My FI's sister called last night. She has two kids one is a ring bearer for us the other one is 13 and is a Junior Groomsman and reading a poem we selected for him toread during the ceremony. She called FI not me and said that her sone does not want toread the poem we selected and wants to read one of his choosing. I do not like this idea at all. I feel like it is letting a teenage dictate what is done at my wedding. FI is ok with it but when I explained how Ifelt he was understanding and just said we get to have veto power. I am being "bridezillaish" by saying that I don't like this? Is this inconsiderate of his sister to do this to us? She has been difficult since all the planning started...wanting to change the dress I selected and not wanting to spend the money...saying they don't have it, when they are driving around a new BMW and just bought a fancy new house a year ago. She has always been the "spoiled" one in his family and xpected everyone to cater to her. I really just needed to get this out. Thanks!!!
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

Are we flaming her for her terrible grammer?

No seriously, she's out of line. My SIL had me do a reading in her wedding and let me choose something as long as it was from the scripture. Granted I'm not 13, but can't she just read what he wants prior to the wedding, and veto it? It's not like she knows right now what he'd like to read. What he chooses may be awesome!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:990888f7-1b38-438f-a226-b74cdc3684fa">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I hope someone knocks her down a notch.  Don't insult his intelligence and tact before even knowing what kind of poem he would pick.  jeezus, it's not going to be Dr Suess. (Then again, being tactless means she would be a horrible judge of tact.) And what exactly does it mean for someone to read a poem to you that you picked out?  That has no sentimental value.  Read it your damn self. And who is she to judge how they choose to spend their money? Send her here.  Tell her we'll pat her on the back.  I want to see her cry. <strong>Oh, and I just stalked your profile.  Your wedding was gorgeous!</strong>
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I bother trying to talk sense into people on my local.  There was a girl talking about having an indoor wedding (ceremony and reception) in August with no A/C and everyone was all, "it will be fine!".   No, it probably won't.  Someone else said, "I did it and no one complained."  I hate that line of reasoning.  Just because people don't say anything, it doesn't mean they're not uncomfortable.
  • Options
    can I flame ravensbride? for her novels? and her general suckage?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:092fd94d-5122-4448-afc6-9c92315f886f">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually disagree with you on that one, LauraT. I wouldn't want my 13-year old nephew picking the poem out for my wedding either. He can pick a poem for his own wedding.
    Posted by Bubbalub[/QUOTE]

I told her that she could pick a few other choices and see if he liked any of those, or see if she and her FI liked what he came up with.  I wasn't suggesting that he just pick something and she goes with whatever he chooses.
  • Options
    Well, duh.  They were too exahusted from the heat to complain.
  • Options
    I think I would at least listen to the nephew's suggestion, or maybe offer to sit down with him to pick something out together. I think it's kind of sweet for a 13 year old to care enough about the fact that he's being asked to read a poem, that he wants to choose one on his own.

Unless, of course, it's some stupid poem about dildos - which some 13 year olds I know would probably pick.

But still, I think it would be worth at least seeing what his idea is.
  • Options
    Yeah, I probably wouldn't have complained directly to B&G about the heat, but someone would have heard about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:fdb281c5-0609-45e8-b1d3-e6ccd527e7e1">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the usual Friday threads? : Thanks :) I don't know why I bother trying to talk sense into people on my local.  There was a girl talking about having an indoor wedding (ceremony and reception) in August with no A/C and everyone was all, "it will be fine!".   No, it probably won't.  Someone else said, "I did it and no one complained."  I hate that line of reasoning.  Just because people don't say anything, it doesn't mean they're not uncomfortable.

<div>um how about the same woman who was complaining about E? like no one that posts here can see it. bunch of babies.</div>
  • Options
    I flame pinkpinot for the thread with the girl who's sister said she couldn't really aford a DW. Because she was still on a high from her own DW she was all, "Don't listen to anyone else, have the wedding you want, it will be fine, BTW which resort are you going to?!" Maybe that subject was a little too personal for her to be answering this week.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:62a43edb-6d74-4191-968f-5ff12a2d5baf">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the usual Friday threads? : um how about the same woman who was complaining about E? like no one that posts here can see it. bunch of babies.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

Ha I must have missed that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-usual-friday-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8b48498-87ad-4428-a26b-970af788fa67Post:4a453342-8e45-400a-b65d-8aaf7c77a086">Re: Where's the usual Friday threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the usual Friday threads? : Ha I must have missed that.

<div>I am fairly certain it was that Mary Susan lady. The August wedding thing is just crazy. I read it and just shook my head.</div>
  • Options
    Rosie - do you think you're coming to the knottie holiday party at Manda's?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards