Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    I <3 Jenna Marbs.

1.  She is from the boonies of NY.
    2.  Lives/d in the Boston area.

• Options
    Chels, I read that and laughed. Seriously though, I think she needs some kind of therapy, I don't think she's completely well. There's tanning too much and then there's obessive behavior. She crossed that line a loooong time ago.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:c80da3af-fcb5-45d1-8bd9-12ab2373a051">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of the Beastie Boys (MCA) died! "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" is one of my favorite get pumped songs. :(
    Posted by MeganLindsay5685[/QUOTE]

I heard that...cancer.
  • Options
    Good luck Bay!

I always just pretend I don't hear kiosk vendors or people on the street trying to collect money or signatures for whatever. My favorite line, if I feel the need to say something, while in Ohio is "I'm not an Ohio resident". It works for most of the things people need signatures for here.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:c80da3af-fcb5-45d1-8bd9-12ab2373a051">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of the Beastie Boys (MCA) died! "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" is one of my favorite get pumped songs. :(
    Posted by MeganLindsay5685[/QUOTE]

I was never a huge fan, but they were pretty omnipresent throughout my childhood. I'm sorry to hear that -- I guess I could go google, but what did he die from?

edit: oops, too late. Thanks!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:4fd426cb-bbe7-493c-9ef4-c9d8611f2dec">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel's drinking a Twisted, guys.  Snippy!  What does that mean?
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    It's esoteric! Gah, don't you know what esoteric means? My intelligence is wasted on you.
  • Options
    Angel - I watched a video and they said she's got "Tanorexia". And a dermatologist was talking about the increased melanoma in todays youth and the reason is because it's hard to not be tan when it's the "in" thing. I personally have never known anyone that got made fun of for being pale, but maybe that's just not a big thing in my area. 
  • Options
    LDY, my tits can't calm down.  They're so excited.  They just can't hide it.

OK, maybe that's a little creepy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:04b25969-c8c2-42de-9457-74efcb66e1ee">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel - I watched a video and they said she's got "Tanorexia". And a dermatologist was talking about the increased melanoma in todays youth and the reason is because it's hard to not be tan when it's the "in" thing. I personally have never known anyone that got made fun of for being pale, but maybe that's just not a big thing in my area. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I mean, people here don't like to be pale, everyone goes tanning for prom and all that. Now that I'm in my 20s, more of my friends deal with being pale in the winter because they don't want cancer, but we all still go to the beach to tan the second it's warm enough. So basically, we only subject ourselves to cancerous UV light for 1/4 of the year now, instead of the whole year.
  • Options
    I want to try that twisted tea stuff...I knew it didn't look familiar. I'm a beer drinker, but still. 

I drink vodka and crystal light lemonade like it's going out of syle.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:c05481b2-032f-4538-92cc-eafb989a03d4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Remember that lady who is accused of taking her daughter tanning?  Well her newest thing is that she thinks all of her critics are just jealous, fat, and ugly.  That's possbily the funniest thing I've eve rheard.  Not to mention, calling someone jealous, fat and ugly is a middle-school comeback, not a middle-aged comeback.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>How dissapointing. I totally would have expected a mature and well thought out response from someone like her. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:86b7edb6-3cd0-4da7-a36d-882bae002445">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I want to try that twisted tea stuff</strong>...I knew it didn't look familiar. I'm a beer drinker, but still.  I drink vodka and crystal light lemonade like it's going out of syle.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

It's really good! I guess you don't have WaWa where you live, but it's like their lemonade tea, except alcoholic. I'm sure other places have lemonade tea as well.

Also, vodka and crystal light pink lemonade used to be my drink of choice, until I got sick one too many times and decided I no longer liked it.

ETA - WTF, why does the quote look all weird?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:e15d2281-3d01-419a-b3b9-6288a5da47d2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I get made fun of all the time.  Casper, albino, etc. 

<div>Me, too.</div><div>
    </div><div>What's worse is trying to find any sort of tinted moisturizer that even resembles the right shade. As a pale person, the slightest blemish is really freaking obvious. I just want to look like myself (though zitless), not Snooki. </div>
  • Options
    Eagles - I'm sorry to hear that. I hung out with goth kids in HS so I didn't stand out.

Angel - I understand tanning in the winter - but I still don't really like the thought of it. I like laying in the sun though!

Finally off to get that sofa. See you ladies later <3
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:bb8a310e-fe80-4ef9-90ae-61fda43df787">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Twisteds give me serious heartburn.  It's strange.  Angel, you're still giving yourself a 25% higher chance of dying of melanoma than if you put on sunscreen and sat under the umbrella.

I know.. *hides face*

At least I wear sunscreen now...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:582c3a4b-b506-433c-83bf-8bd8c1583112">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : [QUOTE ]I want to try that twisted tea stuff ...I knew it didn't look familiar. I'm a beer drinker, but still.  I drink vodka and crystal light lemonade like it's going out of syle. Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE] It's really good! I guess you don't have WaWa where you live, but it's like their lemonade tea, except alcoholic. I'm sure other places have lemonade tea as well. Also, vodka and crystal light pink lemonade used to be my drink of choice, until I got sick one too many times and decided I no longer liked it. ETA - WTF, why does the quote look all weird?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

because you bolded the ] at the end of the first "quote" on accident
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:582c3a4b-b506-433c-83bf-8bd8c1583112">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : [QUOTE] I want to try that twisted tea stuff ...I knew it didn't look familiar. I'm a beer drinker, but still.  I drink vodka and crystal light lemonade like it's going out of syle. Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] It's really good! I guess you don't have WaWa where you live, but it's like their lemonade tea, except alcoholic. I'm sure other places have lemonade tea as well. Also, vodka and crystal light pink lemonade used to be my drink of choice, until I got sick one too many times and decided I no longer liked it. ETA - WTF, why does the quote look all weird?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

You accidentally bolded the ] at the end of the quote tag. I've definitely done that before!

edit: A) Chels beat me to that and B) Damn, I messed it up too!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:3eebfdd7-b5d8-4bbf-8973-6f6326c55553">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to print out that lady's picture and show it to people who make fun of me for not tanning. I'll tell them that's their future. (Even though I know she's an extreme case) My skin is very pale naturally, and I see no point in damaging it when I wouldn't even look natural with a tan.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

You have beautiful skin.  If you ever ruin it with tanning, I'll smack you.
  • Options
    I totally get made fun of for my obsession with sun hats and sunscreen. I ended up not wearing a hat to BIL's wedding, since I was already going to be standing out by wearing a blue dress, rather than a Reds t-shirt as demanded.
  • Options
    Ahh yes, you guys are right. I fixed it.
  • Options
    I used to get made fun of a lot for being pale. Then I got melanoma and people started to shut up about it, but it's really annoying. I do think that the "trendy" aspect of being super tan is going away, which is nice. It's really vain, but it does suck when I'm at some formal event with my friends and they're all tan and looking great and I'm ghostly. I do understand why people want to be tan - I just think there are safer ways to do it than tanning beds or sunbathing with low or no SPF. Sorry for being the girl who can't stop harping about tanning :)
  • Options
    I can't wait to go down the shore this summer... I miss the beach so much. We need to have some super hot, sunny days that aren't Wednesday or Friday.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:ed7dac7b-a56e-4a01-bd8f-88b8a6ee7f2e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to get made fun of a lot for being pale. Then I got melanoma and people started to shut up about it, but it's really annoying. I do think that the "trendy" aspect of being super tan is going away, which is nice. It's really vain, but it does suck when I'm at some formal event with my friends and they're all tan and looking great and I'm ghostly. I do understand why people want to be tan - I just think there are safer ways to do it than tanning beds or sunbathing with low or no SPF. <strong>Sorry for being the girl who can't stop harping about tanning :)</strong>
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't mind. I think tanning beds are pretty damn stupid.</div><div>
    </div><div>I had some really bad burns as a kid, and as an adult, I've had a number of suspicious and precancerous spots removed. I got super paranoid earlier this year when I had a new, suspicious-looking bump directly under my lip. It eventually went away, but I was worried about it.</div>
  • Options
    I used to make Arnold Palmers at work with our ginger peach tea.  That was the best thing ever.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:e17e1349-1549-4a5a-b672-bcca9d7f9678">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to add really except the most delicious drink is the John Daly. It's an Arnold Palmer with vodka. We had it at the wedding and I could swim in it. After applying my sunscreen, of course. ETA: I couldn't swim in it *at* my wedding, I meant I love it so much I could swim in it. Like the old lady in Patch Adams with her spaghetti.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Could you move to Arizona please? 
  • Options
    At the beach, I sit under an umbrella, slathered in sunscreen. If I'm not doing that, I'm usually playing in the water. I'm not really a lounge-around-in-the-sand type of person.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:05a6855f-6da6-401f-b53c-92f66c8675df">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, wow, Leisel, I didn't know that!  You're all good now?  (Super nosy, sorry.) I go out in the sun when I'm down the shore, but I wear some crazy high SPF from Neutrogena.  I put it everywhere.  Earlobes, toes, everywhere. 

<div>Yep, all good! Just have about a million small scars from having precancerous skin removed, and one big scar from having the cancerous cells removed. Haha, so other than that I'm totally fine. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm the same way with sunscreen. It's a very long, thorough process to apply my sunscreen. My family has a beach house in Florida so it's kind of hard to avoid the sun when we're down there, but I just bring my beach umbrella and sunscreen and chill in the shade :) I do miss that feeling of my skin being really warm in the sun, though. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:e17e1349-1549-4a5a-b672-bcca9d7f9678">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to add really except the most delicious drink is the John Daly. It's an Arnold Palmer with vodka. We had it at the wedding and I could swim in it. After applying my sunscreen, of course. ETA: I couldn't swim in it *at* my wedding, I meant I love it so much I could swim in it. Like the old lady in Patch Adams with her spaghetti.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>APs are the shiit, now I need to try the John Daly.  I love them.  Another drink I found along the same line as Teas are the lovely Jeremiah Weed collection of lemonades and teas.  DELISH.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:e79c8467-687f-4a10-af16-33c3bba1a4ab">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't mind. I think tanning beds are pretty damn stupid. I had some really bad burns as a kid, and as an adult, I've had a number of suspicious and precancerous spots removed. I got super paranoid earlier this year when I had a new, suspicious-looking bump directly under my lip. It eventually went away, but I was worried about it.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's good that you actually do something about suspicious spots. SO MANY of my friends have moles that I can say with some certainty (just from my experience) are at least precancerous, and they know the spots aren't normal. Yet they refuse to go get them checked out. And there's a pretty good dermatology center in my area that does free skin cancer screenings four times a year. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f35d47d4-2530-4f84-acc1-f7c92d62677bPost:62074c60-f755-455f-81b8-2624ca498200">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : It's good that you actually do something about suspicious spots. SO MANY of my friends have moles that I can say with some certainty (just from my experience) are at least precancerous, and they know the spots aren't normal. Yet they refuse to go get them checked out. And there's a pretty good dermatology center in my area that does free skin cancer screenings four times a year. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>This actually reminds me I have to schedule for one of those full body scans. I couldn't during the winter because of timing but I really shouldn't keep putting it off.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards