13»

Re: S/O Tattoos (poll)

• Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    - How many tattoos do you have?
    One right now!
    - If some, what do you have and where? Will you get any more? If currently none, do you plan on getting any?
    I have a Celtic now with my family's initials within the folds of the knot. I said when I got it (I was 19) that when I got married, I'd put the guy's first initial in the middle of the knot. So, I'm booking an appointment for after the honeymoon :)
    It's in the little groove on the inside of my right heel, between my heel and the ankle bone.
    I've thought about getting another one on my wrist that says "Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." But it's hard to figure out how to go about it with interviews and such.
    - What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything?
    It's a triquetra (trinity knot) combined with a heart. I got it to symbolize spirituality, my connection to my family and others close to me, eternity, and the power of change. It's funny, because I hadn't planned on it, but I got it not too long before I traveled to India for 6 months. I had a hard time and missed my family, but I took yoga classes several times a week and started at it during a lot of the poses. It was really cool.
    - Any regrets?
    None. I love it every day.
    - Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked?
    Probably, but I'd say that would be going into bridezilla territory. I mean, who's going to be looking that closely at my feet?
  • Options
    jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    - How many tattoos do you have? 7
    - If some, what do you have and where? Will you get any more? If currently none, do you plan on getting any? a blue paw print for my dog on my shoulder, a tribal piece on my spine, a tribal piece on the back of my neck, a sand dollar in the middle of my back, my cousins name in chinese on one ankle, a heart on the other ankle and a tribal heart that i love on my forearm. Yes i will get more.
    - What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything? they all mean something to me, too much to write though
    - Any regrets? nope
    - Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked? nope
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • Options
    How many tattoos do you have? - 6
    If some, what do you have and where? See pics below.
    Will you get any more? Yes, when FI and I get married we're getting coordinating tats (not matching, haha)  I'm getting a blue bird holding a heart locket on my left clavicle and he's getting a gold key on the left part of his chest.
    What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything? -
    See below.
    Any regrets? - Not really... one my old friends has the same tat that's on the back of my neck...she got it after I did, naturally.  Kind of irked me but eh.
    Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked? Nope, they are a part of me, sorry.
    Bonus points for pics!

This is on my left shoulder blade.  It's the memorial for my uncle (he was like a second dad to me.)  He was a HUGE AC/DC fan.

All the females in my fam on 1 side have the breast cancer ribbon.  We got it as a tribute to my grandma that is a 10 year survivor.  It's on the inside of my left ankle.

Back of my neck. It's Tibetan for "Unity of Wisdom"  It's the last symbol of the om mani peme hung mantra. 

First tat I got.

Represents a lot that has happened in my life.

My horoscope symbol as well as a "M" for my last name.

FI's tat.

• Options
    - How many tattoos do you have? One
    - If some, what do you have and where? Will you get any more? If currently none, do you plan on getting any? It's a cross with a dove in it surrounded by some swirls on my right lower back/butt. I definitely want to get another for my dad (this one's for my mom) and could imagine getting more for other important people in my life. I would want all of them to be coverable though, since they would be for me more than for other people.
    - What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything? It's in memory of my mom. I'm not religious, but the cross/dove design is based on a necklace she gave to a friend and that the friend then gave to me after she died.
    - Any regrets? No.
    - Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked? N/A. If it were visible, I wouldn't mind covering it with something like an accessory or clothes, but I wouldn't use tattoo cover-up.
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I love hearing about tattoos. You, ladies, have some awesome ones!

- How many tattoos do you have? one
    - If some, what do you have and where?
    a monkey sitting on a crescent moon with a star hanging from the top with the words "suena dulces suenas para mi" (dream sweet dreams for me) written along the outside.
    -Will you get any more?
    I would like to get at least one more in memory of my friend who passed away.
    The monkey is because that is the nickname I have from my older brother and his best friend (who is like another brother to me). The words are from a Beatles song my dad use to play to get me to fall asleep when I was very little. The moon and star are just because I have always loved the moon and stars.
    - Any regrets?
    I wish I would have left the lyrics in English. I translated them to Spanish because my dad's side of the family is mexican-american, but neither my dad nor I speak much spanish. oh well.
    It's on the lower right side of my back, so more than likely it would be covered anyway.

Edit: I can't get the pic to show up, so here is the link

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v38/so_far_fromreal/?action=view&current=DSCF0578-1-1.jpg

Photobucket
  • Options
    leaynleayn member
    First Comment

- How many tattoos do you have? 

- If some, what do you have and where? 
    Too many to list out, but a few are: sun, moon and stars on my lower left side, butterfly on left inside calf, dragon all the way around my right upper thigh, swallows on each shoulder.

- Will you get any more?
    Yup!  But I am waiting until after the wedding.

Most of them have come from life changing events or deaths of close friends / family members.  I got the birds in the pic with my brother when his two best friends passed away.

- Any regrets?
    Nope.

I would if I had too, but I'd hope we could find a better solution (like a covered back, long dress).  I don't think the cover up make-up would work on mine, but I would not be upset if the dress covered them all.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    - How many tattoos do you have? One

- If some, what do you have and where? Will you get any more? If currently none, do you plan on getting any? I have a celtic cross on my upper right back that used to be a necklace I wore.  Having come from a strong family and Irish heritage, I knew I wanted something Irish. I figured I'd want to wear other necklaces eventually so I decided to make it a tattoo.

If I run a marathon in Nov. I'd like to get 26.2 on me and if I complete an ironman I'd like to get the M dot someday.

- What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything? In the middle it says cursai gra, which means "love life" in gaelic.

- Any regrets? Nope

- Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked? Yes, if they asked and not demanded I would.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    - How many tattoos do you have? one
    - If some, what do you have and where? Elvis on my ankle.
    Will you get any more? probably
    - What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything? I love Elvis.
    - Any regrets? None
    - Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked? nope
    planning

• Options
    - How many tattoos do you have?  none yet.
    - If some, what do you have and where? Will you get any more? If currently none, do you plan on getting any?  I plan on getting some, one before the wedding probably.  IT WILL BE IN PIKTURZ OH NOES.
    - What does/will your tattoo mean, if anything?  The one I know I will be getting?  It's a couples tattoo.  Yes, I am that person.  It isn't just his name or anything though.
    - Any regrets?  Not yet!
    - Would you cover yours up for a friend's wedding if asked?  Maybe, but I would be all pissy about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards