Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• Options
    Hockey - I've ridden on an elephant as well. 

I'm going to go get a card for my grandfather. See ya'll later!
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    MuSu, sounds like you are on the right track with the PT. They can work miracles!

Hockey, so sorry your day was rough. Hoping for the best with your mom!

I never had a grandpa. : (  My dad's dad died when he was very young and my mom's dad died a few months before my birth. It is awesome you gals spend time with yours! I love old people, especiallly if they are good story tellers. 

ETA, I've never ridden an elephant and yeah, we are stoked about the flowers!
  • Options
    Musu: glad they have been able to pinpoint the issue....and enjoy the massages!
  • Options
    They're from West Elm, and so so comfy, I'm just not digging the colors. 

It's a such basic design but for some reason I can't find anything like it in our price range. 
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm happy too. 

Loopy has a sweet potato in her belly. ;)
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!  I start med school tomorrow! Which I'm sure is a "we get it" by now but I'm really excited about it and have absolutely nothing else going on with my life.
  • Options
    I've gotta go to work. I'll be back in a few hours, after I play bunco, if anyone is still here. Have a great evening all! :)
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Willy - Congrats on the flowers being under budget.  That's great!

Leisel, I think the brown looks more normal than the grey.

Musu, I'm glad the PT went well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:7e8fd662-0ef5-4c55-aabe-3cab267b72fa">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good evening everyone!  I start med school tomorrow! Which I'm sure is a "we get it" by now but I'm really excited about it and have absolutely nothing else going on with my life.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's awesome! Are you nervous at all or just excited?</div>
  • Options
    Thats awesome Jally! Is med school like a normal school day where you have like class times? Or are there more like, interactive stuff? 
  • Options
    Definitely nervous.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:74600cdc-2146-48d9-bd94-f32c3e3f7597">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Willy - Congrats on the flowers being under budget.  That's great! Leisel, I think the brown looks more normal than the grey. Musu, I'm glad the PT went well.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I think the gray is more normal. I don't know, the brown is just bright looking to me, or something. I know I've seen the gray in person, but this brown is a new color and I haven't seen it in person so maybe the picture is just weird or something. </div>
  • Options
    Yup.  My grandpa is 90.  We had a bit party for him in January.  He's the most adorable man I've ever known.  He has everyone in the family's b-days and anniversaries in his calendar and he sends greeting cards for all of them.  He took a class this winter and volunteered to help people do their taxes this spring.  I hope I have as much pep and life in me at 90 as he does.
  • Options
    Couches are SO hard to find.  Get it with one of the weird color.  In our furniture shopping, we found that almost everything was either butt ugly, or horrifically uncomfortable.

I've ridden an elephant, twice!

Evening :)  I had a no show today, but I was anticipating it, so I brought my gym bag, moved up my last appointment, and hit the pool for 45 minutes.  Now I'm home waiting for my salmon to thaw so I can make dinner and wondering where my H is...  He's usually home by now.  I hope he didn't have too crazy of a day.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:4dd75822-5ae7-4dc4-82df-5646ae7b8d61">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely nervous.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

<div>You'll do great! I'm nervous already about my first day of law school, and it's not even for another month. </div>
  • Options
    It's a little of both for the first 2 years.  We have lecture M-F from 9-12 and then 1-4 afternoon labs/groups/fake patients/random activities per week.  The second 2 years we do rotations in the hospital with real patients
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:de41ce73-f3f2-4635-85c6-7dd42b1dbed5">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Haha, I think the gray is more normal. I don't know, the brown is just bright looking to me, or something. I know I've seen the gray in person, but this brown is a new color and I haven't seen it in person so maybe the picture is just weird or something. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Haha that is understandable.  Colors in person can look different than on a computer screen.  I guess I just look at the gray and think it is too dull.  But then again, I have a brown loveseat and my sister has a brown couch as well.  So I am probably biased.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Leisel, I actually like the gray one.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow that is an intense school day. I would hate to be in school from 9-4 straight. 
  • Options
    Have any of you gotten a couch from Ikea? They have a couple I like, but I don't know how great the quality would be. Buying furniture sucks.
  • Options
    I like the gray couch.  Our couch is a pretty ugly color, but it's super comfortable, so that makes up for it.
  • Options
    I'd go with the brown.  If it is that microsuede it will probably be darker in person.

I think the gray will look really dirty after a bit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:3a0ba10a-abc8-4423-921f-8561dd9dd1f5">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have any of you gotten a couch from Ikea? They have a couple I like, but I don't know how great the quality would be. Buying furniture sucks.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

We sat on every damn couch in IKEA and they were all either too soft or too hard.  Have you looked in person or only online?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    I've never gotten furniture from Ikea, but I have a friend from Minnesota that swears up and down about them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I fucking hate IKEA. 
  • Options
    I should add that anything I've ever purchased from there has been a cheap piece of crap in the end. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:a6566ffd-a200-4859-9cf1-ced1df045e0e">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : We sat on every damn couch in IKEA and they were all either too soft or too hard.  Have you looked in person or only online?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I've only looked online. The closest store to us is like 3 hours away. That's good to know though, I'd hate to make that drive and only find uncomfortable couches. </div>
  • Options
    We got our couch from Jennifer Convertibles, and just didn't have a bed put in.  It is super comfy and it was ridiculously cheap.
  • Options
    I have a grey couch. It's the best. I think we're getting a brown one for our den. Both are/will be microfiber.
  • Options
    I like little accessories from Ikea, and we have bought bookshelves from there.  And a bed frame.  It's wrought iron'ish, but the slats are crap.  But it was cheap and worked for what we needed at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards